This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
    It is all love in Valley Ranch until decisions need to be made.

Talk to me about remebered and forgotten once the starting line-ups are made known.

For what it is worth, Brunett to ILB. Crazy I know but he is Donnie Edwards.
    I like that idea. Burnett would provide a little more speed to that inside linebacking corps and could definitely contribute in the nickel. Remember, he was supposed to be a first round pick until he dropped to us in the 2nd. I actually had him on my list at pick #20 in that draft. Hopefully this year he gets to live up to that potential.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
      For what it is worth, Brunett to ILB. Crazy I know but he is Donnie Edwards.
      Completely agree, I mentioned that right after Wade was hired and everybody was discussing who fit where in Wade's scheme.

Comment

• I still think Carp moves inside. Carp and Burnett inside would really leave us weak on the outside..the more I think about Burnett on the inside the less I believe it. A team doesn't go out and interview 5 ROLB prospects at the combine to alternate with the other 2 first round picks on our team. I think that is a direct correlation on what is to happen with Carp.

If I was asked where burnett would play day one...I would put him at the WOLB position. Now my current hunch is that Ware will be playing the strong Side. I think we'll see a completely different package on pressure situations...but as far as our base defense is concerned...I think ellis will see about 50% of the snaps on defense to keep him fresh and active...I see him as our Merriman almost. Except he will be taken out in our base defense occasionally...and replaced with dare I say Burnett? Makes sense now...be interesting to see what develops.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
          I still think Carp moves inside. Carp and Burnett inside would really leave us weak on the outside..the more I think about Burnett on the inside the less I believe it. A team doesn't go out and interview 5 ROLB prospects at the combine to alternate with the other 2 first round picks on our team. I think that is a direct correlation on what is to happen with Carp.

If I was asked where burnett would play day one...I would put him at the WOLB position. Now my current hunch is that Ware will be playing the strong Side. I think we'll see a completely different package on pressure situations...but as far as our base defense is concerned...I think ellis will see about 50% of the snaps on defense to keep him fresh and active...I see him as our Merriman almost. Except he will be taken out in our base defense occasionally...and replaced with dare I say Burnett? Makes sense now...be interesting to see what develops.
          Yeah I doubt Burnett to the inside would happen, just what I would like to see happen. Also agree on the Carp to the inside as long as Ellis is 100%, which he should be. I would like to see Carp starting, but I can't see James or Ayodele on the bench.

Comment

• We'll have lots of movement of players coming on and off the field I'm sure. Guys like Carp Ellis and Burnett will likely be our role players...by the end of the year...James or AA could become role players too. Should be an interesting TC.

Comment

We'll have lots of movement of players coming on and off the field I'm sure. Guys like Carp Ellis and Burnett will likely be our role players...by the end of the year...James or AA could become role players too. Should be an interesting TC.
              I hope James fits better with the new D, he simply wasnt fast enough to run with TE's in the scheme we had last year and often times didn't even get a good bump to throw off the timing. I blame James for part of the problems Roy had although i think roy needs to improve as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                I hope James fits better with the new D, he simply wasnt fast enough to run with TE's in the scheme we had last year and often times didn't even get a good bump to throw off the timing. I blame James for part of the problems Roy had although i think roy needs to improve as well.
                If anyone is to prosper out of our new scheme it is going to be Akin. He was a DE in college and is more athletic than James. Akin should have a breakout year if he is used to his full potential.

Comment

If anyone is to prosper out of our new scheme it is going to be Akin. He was a DE in college and is more athletic than James. Akin should have a breakout year if he is used to his full potential.
                  well do you see james improving at all? I mean i know he is the "leader" of the defense and he has a relatively new contract, but if he plays like last year i'd rather see him in on only definate run situations and have a more athletic carpenter in his place the rest of the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                    well do you see james improving at all? I mean i know he is the "leader" of the defense and he has a relatively new contract, but if he plays like last year i'd rather see him in on only definate run situations and have a more athletic carpenter in his place the rest of the time.
                    I can't really see him as anything outside of a 2 down backer. But with our depth or supposed depth I don't think he needs to be anything else than that. So do I see him improving? Not necessarily....but I do see him getting put in more situations that suite his strengths rather than playing out of position. I think its safe to say he won't have to worry about nickel duties this year.

Comment

I can't really see him as anything outside of a 2 down backer. But with our depth or supposed depth I don't think he needs to be anything else than that. So do I see him improving? Not necessarily....but I do see him getting put in more situations that suite his strengths rather than playing out of position. I think its safe to say he won't have to worry about nickel duties this year.

I guess thats all we can hope for. James is one of the guys that you would love to have succeed on the team. He sat and waited and finally made it as a starter and I think if most people on the boards are like me he is one of the under dog type guys that you pull for and have expectations that may exceed what he is actually capable of doing.

Comment

• What sort of impact do you think Coach Ngyuen will have on the linebackers this year?

Coach Ngyuen. That's so weird.

Comment

• I think he will be a great addition, because he was on the field 2 years ago, so he knows what is really going on, not a coach from like 30 years ago and the game has changed completely. I think Dat will help a lot. Hopefully he will teach Bradie better recognition.

Comment

• Drew Bledsoe Retires

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2834191

Comment

• I just want to say that Drew Bledsoe was a very classy guy and I have the utmost respect for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJJ888 View Post
                                I just want to say that Drew Bledsoe was a very classy guy and I have the utmost respect for him.
                                Agreed. All the best to him in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information