Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
    Alright boys, i'm gonna call it a night... need to wake up early tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll be able to get on...not sure because, the traffic should be awful. Hope to talk to you guys tomorrow.

    Draft time baby, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
    I'm gonna join you here in awhile..anticipation is killing me.

    Comment


    • Wow. We became big winners, here. Spencer solitifies our entire LB core because it allows us to move Carp inside and replace James, who will then be the backup. James Marten is great depth on the line and he's played Guard in the past, so he'll be the versitile backup that you need on the line. Not to mention we have next years 1st round pick for one of the worst teams in the league. As far as tommorrow goes, there is a guy on the board who we've shown lots of intrest in in the past few months. I predict that Aundrae Allison will be the pick in round 4, and he'll shore up WR. The, all we need is a CB and a NT. I think we'll go Paul Soliai for NT and then go with Tarell Brown, Kenny Scott or David Irons at CB, whoever's there in the 5th. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is so far so good, now let's finish this thing off.

      BoneKrusher

      Comment


      • Heard the press conference with Jerry and Wade and it is pretty clear that Bobby Carpenter is either moving inside or sitting.

        One of Jerry's kids at ILB is going to the Pines.

        Comment


        • Who do u think will be our starting 4 LBs?

          I say: Ware(90%)/Burnett(10%), Ayodele(100%), James(50%)/Carpenter(50%), Spencer(66%)/Carpenter(34%)

          Comment


          • Ware is 100% easily. How can you give Burnett 10%?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Achilles33 View Post
              Ware is 100% easily. How can you give Burnett 10%?
              Ware's got to have a breather sometime during games.

              Comment


              • i say:

                Ware 100%...Bradie James 89%/Carp 11%...Carpenter 75%/Ayodele 20%/Burnett 5%...Spencer 95 %...Ellis 5%

                Comment


                • Carp will be playing SILB...which would be James spot primarily. Ayodele is going to be a stud this year...perfect fit for his skillset.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
                    Heard the press conference with Jerry and Wade and it is pretty clear that Bobby Carpenter is either moving inside or sitting.

                    One of Jerry's kids at ILB is going to the Pines.
                    I think they were more Parcells' kids than Jerry's...


                    In Bob We Trust

                    John Madden's wedding video business

                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

                    Comment


                    • Here is my official LB prediction:

                      WOLB - Anthony Spencer. Ideally I like Spencer attacking from the weakside. Why? Because I think his natural strengths are in pass rushing... AND he is an excellent run stopper. Asking him to drop back in coverage over the TE is a difficult assignment for any rookie adjusting to a new position.
                      Backup - Kevin Burnett.

                      WILB - Akin Ayodele. Second year in this role... we should start to see a better player. I still love the guy and think he's been a solid contributer so far. Still... I wanna see him step his game up.
                      Backup - Blair Phillips, Dedrick Harrington or Oliver Hoyte.

                      SILB - Bobby Carpenter. It's his time to shine and become Dallas' next Ken Norton Jr. We haven't had a MLB worth talking about since Ken Jr. was wearing a Dallas Jersey. Every dominant defense has to have a Big Time middle linebacker. I hope Bobby is ready to step up and take his place in Dallas folklore history.
                      Backup - Bradie James.

                      SOLB - DeMarcus Ware. Ware is no longer the 245 pound rookie we drafted him as. He's up around 265 now and packed with muscle. Putting him on the strong side puts him in position to wreak some serious damage. Facing RTs instead of LTs = Advantage, Ware. He's already our best coverage LB and putting him in this spot over the TE is the perfect assignment.
                      Backup - Greg Ellis.

                      Comment


                      • I actually am warming up to ware on the strongside now. He did pack on some serious muscle, and he is probably better in coverage than Roy Williams.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          Here is my official LB prediction:

                          WOLB - Anthony Spencer. Ideally I like Spencer attacking from the weakside. Why? Because I think his natural strengths are in pass rushing... AND he is an excellent run stopper. Asking him to drop back in coverage over the TE is a difficult assignment for any rookie adjusting to a new position.
                          Backup - Kevin Burnett.

                          WILB - Akin Ayodele. Second year in this role... we should start to see a better player. I still love the guy and think he's been a solid contributer so far. Still... I wanna see him step his game up.
                          Backup - Blair Phillips, Dedrick Harrington or Oliver Hoyte.

                          SILB - Bobby Carpenter. It's his time to shine and become Dallas' next Ken Norton Jr. We haven't had a MLB worth talking about since Ken Jr. was wearing a Dallas Jersey. Every dominant defense has to have a Big Time middle linebacker. I hope Bobby is ready to step up and take his place in Dallas folklore history.
                          Backup - Bradie James.


                          SOLB - DeMarcus Ware. Ware is no longer the 245 pound rookie we drafted him as. He's up around 265 now and packed with muscle. Putting him on the strong side puts him in position to wreak some serious damage. Facing RTs instead of LTs = Advantage, Ware. He's already our best coverage LB and putting him in this spot over the TE is the perfect assignment.
                          Backup - Greg Ellis.
                          I agree with most of your statement, but I do want to argue the point you made about our recent history at the MLB position. Ken Norton was a exceptional player, a beast, but you have to give credit to Dat Nguyen for being a great MLB and great leader during the his time here also. Even though it was a short time. He was really one of most underrated players ever to put on the silver and blue. And the fact he never made it to a Pro Bowl still baffles me. He was always consitent, professional and productive. And maybe most importantly a great guy off the field, a great role-model for the large Vietnamese and Asian community there is in the Metroplex area. Your entitled to your opinion of course, but I did want to bring up Dat, since so many times he has been unjustly overlooked unappreciated, even by many Cowboy fans.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Achilles33 View Post
                            I actually am warming up to ware on the strongside now. He did pack on some serious muscle, and he is probably better in coverage than Roy Williams.
                            Anyone is better in coverge then Roy Williams... Anyone can hit better then Roy Williams...

                            Roy Williams..
                            Ast- 71
                            Tackles-408
                            Sacks-6.5
                            Forced Fumbles-9
                            Pass Deflections-33
                            TD-3
                            Horse Colors-Countless
                            Blown Coverge-Countless

                            Brian Dawkins..
                            Tackles-800
                            Ast-175
                            Sacks-18
                            TD-3
                            Pass Deflections-109
                            Forced Fumbles-27 If you want to argue Brian Dawkins has been in the leauge longer therfore of course he will have better numbers..
                            Sean Taylor..
                            Tackles-257
                            Ast-51
                            Sacks-2
                            Int-7
                            Pass Deflections-25
                            Forced Fumbles-7
                            Sean Taylor has played 3 seasons Roy Williams has played 5

                            Brian Dawkins is the best saftey in the NFL..you can
                            not argue that. He is the best hitter, he is the best in coverge, he is the best leader, and most importantly, he is the best at not breaking opponets necks.

                            ^ bantx
                            Originally posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER
                            **** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
                            Originally posted by Jughead10
                            I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by LitoSheppard View Post
                              Brian Dawkins is the best saftey in the NFL..you can
                              not argue that. He is the best hitter, he is the best in coverge, he is the best leader, and most importantly, he is the best at not breaking opponets necks.
                              Your homerism is astonishing, if not humorous. Is Dawkins a great Safety? Absoluetely, any team would love to have him. But is he the best bar none? Hell no. He is one of the top, but you can argue that many have have more impact on there team. Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu come to mind.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Paul View Post
                                Your homerism is astonishing, if not humorous. Is Dawkins a great Safety? Absoluetely, any team would love to have him. But is he the best bar none? Hell no. He is one of the top, but you can argue that many have have more impact on there team. Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu come to mind.
                                Lol first of all Polamalu doesn't belong in this conversation, second I'v heard the Reed crap before, his stats are really not that great man, he is just known for hitting like Dawkins..

                                ^ bantx
                                Originally posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER
                                **** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
                                Originally posted by Jughead10
                                I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information