Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At least we're seeing focus from the team that OL is a big issue.

Comment

• I'm not trying to say the Giants game will be easy by any means, just expressing the incredible magnitude and importance of the game. I just hope all of our players remember the incredible feeling of dissapointment, defeat and hurt when they came in our house and kicked our butts and use that for a little extra motivation. The battle cry should be paybacks are a you know what, not to mention the fact that we're almost guaranteed a playoff birth with a win. I don't think it's exaggerating to say this will probably be the biggest game of the Parcells era.

Comment

• I agree. You can equate it to the Giants run when they came in to Dallas last month. They were clicking, and we were pretty inconsistent. This win can cement our consistancy, and probably the division.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
        Albert Camus

Comment

• I didn't make a point of watching him in particular but I don't think Justin Blalock had a very good game today in Texas' upset loss to A&M. It seemed like the pass pro of the entire o-line was pretty terrible and the run blocking probably wasn't much better.

Comment

• It's too early, but I think we have to pick the BPA whoever he is. We have not big holes to fill, but some positions that could be upgraded like CB (Glenn is 34), WR (both TO and Glenn are over 30 and I don't know if Crayton, Austin and Miles will turn out to be a #1 type of receivers), LT (Flo is slowing down), RG (Rivera is old and bad, but you can find good guards anywhere in the draft), FS (Davis is simply bad in coverage and Watkins ha some potential but...), NT (Ferguson has been very good this year but he's old and we need someone to spell time with him), QB (Bledsoe is gonna retire, imo)..

I'm agree with D-Unit about Hughes. He got amazing skills, he could stay 2 years behind Henry and Newman and learn and then be the starter. I see him as a very good playmaker playing the nickel position too.. I won't be upset if we draft a CB like him the first. We have to go for the BPA..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• i like jake long more than any other prospect on the o-line. I know parcellls doesnt like drafting oline early but this guy is a beast. i know all of you have seen him play so i dont need to go into detail with it. -- It might be a bit biased because my bro goes to school there but if we have no good oline prospects i love cason out of U of A for a nickle corner on out team. I would love us to sign ken hamlin unless watkins shows a dramastic improvment by the end of the year as well. i feel like we should stack our defense with young players and then focus on the offense in future drafts (the exception being a good oline pick early) i fell like with 1 more good defensive draft we are set for years and we can just concentrate on offense. TO glenn and crayton should be solid enough for one - three more year at WR and fasano seems to be gaining confidence at TE with Romo so i think we are fine there. I like gurode, kosier, and columbo -- i think we just need to look at replacing marco and flo if we can (Jake long or Justin Blaylock if available). I also would love to pick up someone like landry (granted watkins doesnt make a significant improvment in the next couple of games). Although he is a nice hitter he looks like a better FS than watkins and davis so any upgrad would be nice.

-- Mason Crosbt would also be good although i dont know if i could live with myself taking a kicker as early as the third.... (I do have friends at boulder who have told me that word on campus is that crosby has made 70 yarders in parctice and this excites me)

With the way romo has played im glad that we dont have to take a QB in the first round although d-unit has raised the point that we wont be able to give him the biggest contract ever (even though i think he will stay due to the fact that being a cowboy means more to him than a couple extra mil) and i think we will be able to attaqk the few extreme needs that we have.

pretty drunk durring this post but im pretty sure it makes sense. i love you guys. **** the colts and giants. cowboys 4 life

Comment

• D-Unit is wrong about taking a QB in the first. The Cowboys wouldn't pay first round money when we needed a QB and now all of the sudden we will when we have a good one?

Bledsoe will probably leave and we'll pick up a veteran backup and maybe a developmental guy a little later in the draft.

Desings by D-Unit

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdallas
                  D-Unit is wrong about taking a QB in the first. The Cowboys wouldn't pay first round money when we needed a QB and now all of the sudden we will when we have a good one?

Bledsoe will probably leave and we'll pick up a veteran backup and maybe a developmental guy a little later in the draft.
                  What are you reading? Pretty sure D has came out and said numerous times now that QB is not a early need.

What game has Mosley been watching
                  Thought it was nice of Rivera to take time out to compliment my corduroy jacket, though. After the game, Rivera was still upset about giving up a sack to Chris Hovan. Rivera looked to his left to see if Ronde Barber was coming on the safety blitz and by the time he looked back, Hovan was pushing him like he was a grocery cart. "Out of 75 plays, that's the reason I won't be able to sleep tonight." For the record, Rivera had been the most consistent player on the offensive line over the last month. And no one on this team is happier for Romo than Rivera, who spent several years in Green Bay and sort of views Tony as a mini-Favre. And if Romo happens to read that last line, I'll hear about it. ...
                  http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....1e7c0b58.html

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
                    Originally posted by Jdallas
                    D-Unit is wrong about taking a QB in the first. The Cowboys wouldn't pay first round money when we needed a QB and now all of the sudden we will when we have a good one?

What are you reading? Pretty sure D has came out and said numerous times now that QB is not a early need.

Originally posted by D-Unit
                    I wouldn't be the most surprised person in the world if Parcells himself drafts a QB in the first round if Bledsoe retires. Free Agency is crappy at the QB position. Romo's contract comes up soon and if the Cowboys want any leverage, or safety net, they'll need someone waiting in the wings.... say Troy Smith??? The Boys can't really afford to spend 8M a year for Romo.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by dpl85
                      I didn't make a point of watching him in particular but I don't think Justin Blalock had a very good game today in Texas' upset loss to A&M. It seemed like the pass pro of the entire o-line was pretty terrible and the run blocking probably wasn't much better.

BOOMER!!! :D :D :D

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by Staubach12
                        Originally posted by thule

I wouldn't be the most surprised person in the world if Parcells himself drafts a QB in the first round if Bledsoe retires. Free Agency is crappy at the QB position. Romo's contract comes up soon and if the Cowboys want any leverage, or safety net, they'll need someone waiting in the wings.... say Troy Smith??? The Boys can't really afford to spend 8M a year for Romo.
                        First off, let me clarify. I'm totally stoked that Romo has performed so well and looks like he's "our guy". What I'm unsure of is how much he'll want when his contract expires versus how much we can afford. Up to now, we've had the luxury of not spending big money on our QB. If we have to pay Romo the same way the rest of the NFL pays their QBs, we will lose a lot of what has brought us to this point. Think about it... Manning, Favre, Vick, Brees, McNabb, Culpepper, Hasselbeck, Brady, Palmer and on and on and on... Those guys have HUUUUGE contracts. If Romo commands that, we lose the ability to address other areas of the team. A big advantage that we are enjoying now. Not to mention, our team is full of young stars that will command big money of their own in the near future.

Secondly, I only said that "I wouldn't be surprised" if we took a QB early. I mean what if Brian Brohm or Troy Smith is there... I don't know that passing on them will be such an easy decision. I think we would end up passing, but I still wouldn't be surprised at anything. The QB FA crop is weak and if Bledsoe retires, we have to do something. At the moment Romo has all the leverage in the world to get what he wants. If we have a guy in the wings, we can give ourselves a better bargaining stance.

What do you guys think of Chris Simms? He's an UFA this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
                          Originally posted by Staubach12
                          Originally posted by thule

First off, let me clarify. I'm totally stoked that Romo has performed so well and looks like he's "our guy". What I'm unsure of is how much he'll want when his contract expires versus how much we can afford. Up to now, we've had the luxury of not spending big money on our QB. If we have to pay Romo the same way the rest of the NFL pays their QBs, we will lose a lot of what has brought us to this point. Think about it... Manning, Favre, Vick, Brees, McNabb, Culpepper, Hasselbeck, Brady, Palmer and on and on and on... Those guys have HUUUUGE contracts. If Romo commands that, we lose the ability to address other areas of the team. A big advantage that we are enjoying now. Not to mention, our team is full of young stars that will command big money of their own in the near future.

Secondly, I only said that "I wouldn't be surprised" if we took a QB early. I mean what if Brian Brohm or Troy Smith is there... I don't know that passing on them will be such an easy decision. I think we would end up passing, but I still wouldn't be surprised at anything. The QB FA crop is weak and if Bledsoe retires, we have to do something. At the moment Romo has all the leverage in the world to get what he wants. If we have a guy in the wings, we can give ourselves a better bargaining stance.

What do you guys think of Chris Simms? He's an UFA this year.
                          I like Simms. We should just go with him, draft a QB in the 5th, and sign Romo a big contract.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• I like Simms as well. I don't know if he'd want to start or not, but I'd like to have him as a number 2. It'd be another example of us building quality depth at key positions.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                            Albert Camus

Comment

• On a side note, have any of you guys heard about this Michael Irvin- Tony Romo story?

http://thebiglead.com/

Albert Camus

Comment

• Originally posted by Poet3334
                                On a side note, have any of you guys heard about this Michael Irvin- Tony Romo story?

http://thebiglead.com/
                                Oh, snap! That's just no good...

BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information