Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think we have plenty of talent at wr, also. I would hate to use a high 1st round pick on a wr next year. If there is a nt worthy of that pick, that's where I would go.

And also, I wanted to explain why I was talking about McFadden earlier. I think our rb's are fine, but McFadden would be an upgrade over JJ. D-Unit brought up the point that McFadden would come at a high cost, and I was not considering that when we were talking about McFadden a few days ago. Its a good point. However, this far away from the draft, McFadden has to be one of the highest ceiling players on the board. I said I think we will take him because of the Arkansas connection. Not that I would take him, myself (although I would not be upset.)

As potentially deep as the draft for running backs will be next year, there will be good runningbacks in later rounds...
    I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• Also wanted to bring this to yall's attention. On the NFL forum, there was a thread about the most versatile players. Deion Sanders was mentioned, and several people posted how he was not versatile. They said he was a cb, kr and pr, and the comment was made that many players do that.

I cant beleive how quickly people forget! I immediately posted that in 1996, he played both ways. Not that he was the most dangerous wr in the league, but come on!!! He played every freaking down, offense, defense, and returned punts!!!! He was the second leading receiver on the team that year, and was the shut down corner. Do any of you remember this?

Even if you cant stand Deion, that was an amazing year he put together. Physically, it is almost unbelievable in this day and age.
      I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• I think that most offenses need a #1 WR to help the team stretch defenses. You could argue that with a top of the line QB you don't need a #1 WR based on the success of New England, Philly, and KC's offenses. However, I think that having a great WR can help a QB that isn't top 3-5 like say Steve Smith helps Delhomme or Randy Moss helped Dante Culpepper.

I think that in today's NFL, it's much harder to score consistantly without a dynamic passing offense. New England, Philly, and KC all have a dynamic passing offense, even if they don't have a #1 WR type (this coming year in NE will change their status in this club).

San Diego is a good example of how you can build a team with a McFadden type player. Their offense is great but they don't have a WR threat. They do have a very dynamic passing game with LT and Gates though.

There are definitely two ways to skin that cat, but personally I'd love to keep our RB situation like it is and upgrade the WR with young talent.

LT may be a concern but I think with McQuistan and Free the team figures we have enough talent if Flo leaves. Now if Baker or Long is there and we move McQ inside with Free at backup LT then that's an idea also.

This year's draft will be very entertaining and of course we'll have to see what develops over the year to see what we do or don't need.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
        I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• An offense's best friend is a premiere LT. Depending on how Flozell plays this year, I think Jake Long could be a possibilitiy for Dallas. If Romo is the man you hope for him to be, you wouldn't mind having a potential premiere LT protect his blindside for the rest of his career.

Dallas has tons of options this year in the draft with their 2 #1 picks. I personally didnt like their draft much after the 1st round this year, but getting 2 1sts in next year's talented draft was good enough for Jones to get a passing grade in my eyes.

Im a fan of Craytons. I think he can be a solid #2 in this league if given the chance. Its far too early to say what needs to be done though, we haven't even started the season yet.

My initial belief however is that the Cowboys should go after either Jake Long or Sam Baker.

Comment

• I actually liked the draft better after the first round. I didn't want Spencer nearly as much as everyone else. I like the pass rush emphasis but I just don't know if Spencer is the guy. But, I trust that Wade Phillips knows what a 3-4 OLB needs to be able to do and worked him out accordingly.

I liked the Free, Martin, and Stanback picks. I'm not going to suggest that these are perennial all pro players , but they fit the needs of the team and were cheap. I wanted a CB and would much rather have drafted Eric Wright in round two instead of trading down, but whatever.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
            I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• I think that the role of a #1 receiver is scaring the opponents. You can have a good a guy who catches every ball and run good routes but he won't open up your offense. Guys like Owens, Williams, Andre and Chad Johnson etc. are so important because they are dangerous, they can score everytime because of their abilities to be a threat with the ball in their hands or thanks to their speed running routes.
              If you look, for example, at Mike Furrey, he had 1000 yards receiving but he's nothing more than a good possesion guy. He will make some catches for first downs, but defenses won't focus their attention on him. This is the reason why I think Crayton isn't the answer. He's a great guy and I'd love to see him playing for the Cowboys for the next years, but if we won't have a true go-to-guy, Crayton won't be as much effective as he was the last couple of years.
              Last year our offense was dinamite even without a great OL, and it was the first time in a long time we had a great offense. The reasons, imo, for this success were 2: Tony Romo and TO. I know TO had some key dropped balls, but look at what he brought to us. He could change a broken play into a big play. Defenses had to focus primarly on him and that opened the entire offense.

That's why I want a WR in the first round next year. I think we will be in position to grab Desean Jackson or Early Doucet. Probably I'm the only one who thinks Sweed will be a great WR in NFL, but he's another guy I'd love to have on the team.

For McFadden, I think we should grab him only if he's avaible when we pick (aka Cleveland will have a top 3 pick). He's too good to pass up on him, and I think he could really be a LT type of back in the NFL. He will open up the offense as muchs as a great WR can do.

We have two picks in the first round and we should use both on offense. WR, LT and maybe RB should be our picks, with the possibility to grab an elite player with the Browns' pick. If all the juniors RB declare I'm all for letting JJ go and pick a RB or with our original pick (who I think will be in the 22-32s range) or pick one in the second round. I think that both Felix Jones and Jamaal Charles could be very solid second round picks if not first round picks.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• I'm sure this isnt news to most of you but...

Campbell says Cowboys D was predictable
                For those outside the area who didn't hear it, Dan Campbell, the former Cowboys tight end, was on with Bob Sturm and Donovan Lewis on The Ticket (KTCK 1310-AM) this afternoon. Campbell, whose Detroit Lions beat Dallas, 39-31, in Texas Stadium last December, said the Cowboys were easy to scout on film: If the defense wasn't sending DeMarcus Ware, it wasn't sending anyone. Campbell said he didn't think it was coordinator Mike Zimmer's fault since he was more versed in the 4-3 than the 3-4, but there were far less surprises then you'd get with other NFL defenses, which made Dallas easier to take advantage of.

Campbell also said he expects things to improve with Wade Phillips on board because he's a proven 3-4 guy.

The audio is the No. 1 item on the station's podcast list if you want to listen to it.

Posted by

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                  I'm sure this isnt news to most of you but...
                  I think this was the biggest problem for our team last year. Once Ellis went down, opposite team focused on stopping Ware and we couldn't get any pressure on the QB.

btw, I'm working on the defense highlights video, I think it's coming out this weekend. Working on the video the thing that caught my eyes the most was the fact that Ratliff was a disruptive force for us. I think he can have a great year under Phillips, he's a great penetrator..

In Bob We Trust

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
                    I think this was the biggest problem for our team last year. Once Ellis went down, opposite team focused on stopping Ware and we couldn't get any pressure on the QB.

btw, I'm working on the defense highlights video, I think it's coming out this weekend. Working on the video the thing that caught my eyes the most was the fact that Ratliff was a disruptive force for us. I think he can have a great year under Phillips, he's a great penetrator..
                    I loved the Ware vid man.

Comment

• It was raining this morning, I was stuck at hom, so I've finished the Defense Highlights Video. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi2UP8g0uXY

In Bob We Trust

Comment

• somewhat surprised how many big plays Watkins was involved in. As usual a great vid. Cant wait for the season to start!

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
                          It was raining this morning, I was stuck at hom, so I've finished the Defense Highlights Video. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi2UP8g0uXY
                          great video, shows why roy is so important to this team.

hopefully watkins will continue to grow and be starting next year

Comment

• Did anyone else see the Peter King power rankings in the NFL forum?

9. Seattle Seahawks
                            10. St. Louis Rams
                            13. Detroit Lions
                            14. Dallas Cowboys

SERIOUSLY...I threw up in my mouth a little.

Comment

• heres the link for todays press conference if anybody needs it.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multime...121DFAF053A273

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• I'm interested in seeing how everything works out with our young offensive linemen in training camp. Colombo and Adams missing practice obviously provides an opportunity for the OTs to show what they've got. Reports are that McQuistan will probably start practice as the RT with Free on the left. I think that shows a lot of confidence in what the staff thinks Free can do and I really don't understand why Martin took so long to get his contract done, if he has even signed yet. Everyone seems to be optimistic about what Proctor can do, but I don't think I buy into any of the hype with him yet.

I am disappointed that McQuistan is starting out on the right because I am a big believer in what he can do for our line this year (maybe even starting out this season depending on his opportunities), but I am also excited to have Free because he was highly regarded last season.

Finally, training camp and something to talk about again.

Desings by D-Unit

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information