Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just goes to show you how the tag of 'can't miss' is a huge misnomer. Huff was one of the most 'sure-thing' picks last year. In fact, you have to wonder about the Raider organization as a whole and how they handle players. Gallery was also a 'can't miss' prospect. You can't fault them on how they draft, they seem to be getting good solid propsects but surely don't seem to be developing them at all.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
    I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
      Just goes to show you how the tag of 'can't miss' is a huge misnomer. Huff was one of the most 'sure-thing' picks last year. In fact, you have to wonder about the Raider organization as a whole and how they handle players. Gallery was also a 'can't miss' prospect. You can't fault them on how they draft, they seem to be getting good solid propsects but surely don't seem to be developing them at all.
      They've definitely had some really bad luck when it comes to there highly touted picks. But they have got some studs LB in the draft with Morrison and Thomas Howard. Plus I really liked there draft this year with Russ, Miller, Moses and Bush. Even though Russell is making it difficult for the Raiders right now.

Comment

• Russell will continue to make it difficult for them. He's Jeff George reincarnated. Great physical tools but doesn't have a head for the game.

Designs by Thule

I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• Who of you is in favor of going after Turner next season? I think we should if we can afford it, he will be a huge upgrade over Julius.
          If we'll sign Turner we should enter the draft looking at CB, WR, LT, NT. And if Free shows to be the real deal, we can pick two elite very good prospects to replace the old guys on our team.
          Next year's draft will be very exciting for us Cowboys fans.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
            Who of you is in favor of going after Turner next season? I think we should if we can afford it, he will be a huge upgrade over Julius.
            If we'll sign Turner we should enter the draft looking at CB, WR, LT, NT. And if Free shows to be the real deal, we can pick two elite very good prospects to replace the old guys on our team.
            Depends on the type of contract he wants. I'm not sold just yet. I think more highly of McFadden and Stewart.

Next year's FA will be very VERY interesting...

Comment

• How do you guys feel about Slaton? If some how miss out on both Stewart and D-Mac, Slaton wouldn't be a horrible fall back plan. Apparently he's put on some muscle, don't know how much but hopefully something significant, seeing he was around 185-190 last seaon. But he does have the breakout speed and shiftiness to compliment MBIII.

Comment

• By the way, looking at the ALL NFC EAST thread, I can say that Jason Ferguson is the most under-appreciate DT in the NFC. Even some Cowboys fans don't consider him good, while I think he's great.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                  How do you guys feel about Slaton? If some how miss out on both Stewart and D-Mac, Slaton wouldn't be a horrible fall back plan. Apparently he's put on some muscle, don't know how much but hopefully something significant, seeing he was around 185-190 last seaon. But he does have the breakout speed and shiftiness to compliment MBIII.
                  Yes, I am a fan of Slaton. He shows great patience and burst, excellent cut back ability, has home run speed... and it's funny, but somehow he avoids a lot of contact. I would be happy to see his name on the back of a Cowboys jersey. Getting him in Round 2 would be hard though... I'd imagine.

Still... McFadden is on another level.

Comment

• hey guys, i was wondering waht you think about marion barber this season. will he overtake jones for the starting job?

Comment

• Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
                      hey guys, i was wondering waht you think about marion barber this season. will he overtake jones for the starting job?
                      Jones will probably remain the starter to begin the season but in games last year jones would start but barber would finish with more carries and the td's. I dont know if the starting label really applies in this situation. In fact, we may see the carries divided between 3 this year with barber getting the majority is my guess.

Comment

• I think Julius will still see the bulk...by a slight margin. I think Juice is poised for a good year. The stats may not reflect it yet but, he looks like a different back this pre season...he's hitting holes real hard. I wouldnt be surprised if he has a big year and re-signs. That would eliminate another draft want. Marion will have another good year...I def. dont expect to see 14 rushing tds again but, he'll be his usually solid self for us. As Burns said, Tyson may steal away some carries from both and I welcome that...Tyson has earned it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

• I think when its all said and done Barber will become the starter during the season. He was an absolute beast in preseason. Jones was good, but Barber was just better. If Barber replicates what he did last season and produces more yards, he could be signing a long term contract in Dallas. I love Jones as an elusive runner, but Barber just brings consistency, power, and attitude.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
                            Who of you is in favor of going after Turner next season? I think we should if we can afford it, he will be a huge upgrade over Julius.

I'd be more in favor of going after Asante Samuel in FA than Turner. I don't like paying big bucks for guys that have never been starters in the NFL. Lamont Jordan and Troy Hambrick come to mind as players that looked good part time then didn't as much full time. Chester Taylor was a signee for Minnesota and although he had a good season, they still drafted Adrian Peterson so he must not have impressed the coaches that much.

I think Turner is a decent back, perhaps better than either JJ or MBIII, but won't be worth the money he's likely paid based on his past production.

Slaton does intrigue me though as Paul suggested, he's a good compliment to MBIII. But that would be with MBIII as the starter and Slaton as the change of pace guy not the other way around.

Designs by Thule

Comment

• Yeah, count me as one of those who is opposed to entering the Michael Turner sweepstakes. I think investing heavily in the RB position is a mistake unless you have one of those extremely rare talents on your hands. Not sure Turner quite fits the mold, but I could be wrong. I'd rather see us add a guy through the draft. This projects to be an excellent crop, and we should be able to find our guy for cheaper than the price Turner will likely command. Unless of course that guy is McFadden. But he's a guy I'd be happy to spend big money on.

Comment

• In terms of pure production, Slaton will be as good as McFadden IMHO. Think McFadden is just a more powerful and intimidating runner. Much like Stewart, I personally like big bruising backs with speed moreso than the shifty guys.

With that said, I can only imagine how good Slaton will be in a Broncos type system where he can use his quickeness and speed.... and if he can learn to catch, my prediction is we won't be talking Reggie Bush in two-three years. Slaton is a better pure RB than Bush.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information