Originally posted by TH3
    Justin Blalock in the 1st
    Aaron Rouse in the 2nd
    Mason Crosby in the 3rd
    Kareem Brown in the 4th
    Corey Hilliard in the 5th
    Tyler Palko in the 6th
    Ryan Moore in the 7th
    Rouse is a poor man's Roy Williams. We've got the real deal, why would we want one more crappy safety who'd have to play out of position to go with Coleman and Davis? Mason Crosby does what for us? Kick-offs? We gonna cut Vanderjagt and owe him all that money and have a cap penalty just for a kicker?

Comment

So, Tony Romo went on a date with Jessica Simpson last night.............

That's my boy. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
        So, Tony Romo went on a date with Jessica Simpson last night.............

That's my boy. :D
        He is fittin that Dallas Cowboys QB image very well. :D

Comment

With Glenn apparantly out for the game, I think we should throw Hurd a few balls early to help loosen up the Arizona defense. Without Glenn to scare people we need to manufacture fear in the secondary so our running game can continue to be successful.

Desings by D-Unit

Comment

Originally posted by Jdallas
            With Glenn apparantly out for the game, I think we should throw Hurd a few balls early to help loosen up the Arizona defense. Without Glenn to scare people we need to manufacture fear in the secondary so our running game can continue to be successful.
            Be a good time to see hurd get some time on the field. And see if if Crayton can step up and if he can be that 2nd receiver. Looking foward to it.

Comment

No, I don't think we need to have Crayton at two. We need to see what Hurd can do. I need to know if Romo's connection with Hurd will continue in the regular season. I agree that we need to throw to him early. He's an undrafted FA, so the defense is going to be all about TO, and we need to establish that Hurd is a weapon early to open up TO and the run game.

BoneKrusher

Comment

I agree. I do like how Romo seems to spread the ball around. Quick reads and decisions are key, and Romo makes them. To me, Hurd showed that he has the ability to find the holes and get open. I'm looking forward to seeing him Sunday.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                Albert Camus

Comment

I also hope that Austin gets some snaps at WR if he's active and returning kicks. I watched him some in college and he was dominant.
                  BTW, his one high-school kickoff return was a touchdown.

Thanks Tobzilla

Comment

Originally posted by $KidCowboy$
                    I also hope that Austin gets some snaps at WR if he's active and returning kicks. I watched him some in college and he was dominant.
                    I'm very confused about Austin. Coming in to training camp everyone thought he would be our best UFA. He was very highly touted and we thought he would be the Sam Hurd of training camp. But when we got into training camp and the preseason, Sam Hurd made a lot of noise. Austin did practically nothing. So then when cuts came, Austin made the team. So, is he the highly touted guy that came in tho training camp, or the one that had no impact coming out? So, I'd like to see him in the game, too. I want to know what we've got with him.

BoneKrusher

Comment

He did score on that touchdown pass from Romo in the Saints game. He's got good measurerables and good speed. Plus, he's one of those gritty small school guys from up north. Let's hope he pans out like Marques Colston.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                      Albert Camus

Comment

Originally posted by Staubach12
                        Originally posted by $KidCowboy$
                        I'm very confused about Austin. Coming in to training camp everyone thought he would be our best UFA. He was very highly touted and we thought he would be the Sam Hurd of training camp. But when we got into training camp and the preseason, Sam Hurd made a lot of noise. Austin did practically nothing. So then when cuts came, Austin made the team. So, is he the highly touted guy that came in tho training camp, or the one that had no impact coming out? So, I'd like to see him in the game, too. I want to know what we've got with him.
                        I read somewhere that the main reason the Cowboys kept both Hurd and Austin was that they knew for certain that other teams would pick them up immediately if they cut them. My impression is that they must have seen something they liked in Austin, but he's behind Hurd in development. If you remember, a couple of years ago Terrance Copper seemed ahead of Patrick Crayton for most of their rookie year. But seemingly by the end of the year and definitely by the beginning of their 2nd year, Crayton had surpassed Copper. Maybe it will be that way with Hurd and Austin, although I do like Hurd.

Comment

Good point. I'm anxious to see what we have.

Albert Camus

Comment

Originally posted by FinChase
                            I read somewhere that the main reason the Cowboys kept both Hurd and Austin was that they knew for certain that other teams would pick them up immediately if they cut them. My impression is that they must have seen something they liked in Austin, but he's behind Hurd in development. If you remember, a couple of years ago Terrance Copper seemed ahead of Patrick Crayton for most of their rookie year. But seemingly by the end of the year and definitely by the beginning of their 2nd year, Crayton had surpassed Copper. Maybe it will be that way with Hurd and Austin, although I do like Hurd.
                            Hopefully both guys can develop into good players. I'm not sure about #1 WR material, but hey, that's what they said about Chad Johnson, Marques Colston and so forth. Guys that are built from that same mold.

I know I might get flamed for this, and I know it is a overrated stat. But I just want to know. But does anybody know the 40 times for both Hurd and Austin?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss
                              Originally posted by FinChase
                              Hopefully both guys can develop into good players. I'm not sure about #1 WR material, but hey, that's what they said about Chad Johnson, Marques Colston and so forth. Guys that are built from that same mold.

I know I might get flamed for this, and I know it is a overrated stat. But I just want to know. But does anybody know the 40 times for both Hurd and Austin?
                              According to the 2006 NFL Combine site, Austin's time was 4.47. Apparently Hurd wasn't invited to the combine.

Comment

with the news of glenn's knee hopefully BP will move up in the draft to get ted ginn.

our oline is fine, they just need to play together longer. so draft a G in the 2nd round to replace rivera when he retires. i really wish they had drafted o'callaghan this year.

i'm more worried about the NT position. if ferguson goes down, he takes down the entire defense.

i don't see hurd doing too well, he just looks like a crayton clone. no quickness. don't get me wrong, crayton has great hands, but he's not a game breaker like glenn

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information