X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turner, nice back. Not for Dallas.

Comment

• Turner can't block to save his life no thanks...

Comment

• I don't see Turner as being that much of an upgrade over JJ--not for what it would cost.

Comment

• Put it this way...if turner was to play for parcells he would have saw as much of the field as tyson thompson did...because he might as well fall on the ground when the ball is snapped...atleast that would make the defender run around or jump over him...when he tries to block it is almost like he is scared.

Comment

• On another note just got done rewatching the first half of the Denver game.

Got to be excited. We went 6-8 on 3rd down conversions and held them 0-6 I believe.

They couldn't run the ball on us which is great...some people though we'd be weak in the middle but we held a team to about 25 yards on 10 carries in the first half. Keep in mind they ran all over SF for 189 yards. I would say that is a pretty good showing.

Cutler has no sync and we were getting constant pressure and his outlets were lit up immediately.

On offense Romo was efficient.

Columbo was the only weak spot...hopefully he comes back stronger next game.

Hurd really looked good along with Crayton.

JJ looks the same to me...decisive in his cuts but still goes down at first contact.

For the first time in ever I would love to see MB3 more between the 20's. He is a workhorse.

All in All I have huge aspirations for this cowboys team.

Comment

• There is def. a lot to like thus far...Our main problem has been a couple injury scares. They are def. something to keep an eye on but, as of right now, none are considered very serious. I have big for expectations this year...can't wait to get this thing started.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• i have a fantasy league on yahoo if anybody is interested, live draft sept 3. information is on the jags team discussion page

big ups to Sf49ers1121

Comment

• For those dont get the game tonight...it re-airs on NFL Network tomorrow...11:00 A.M. ET.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                    Tyson may steal away some carries from both and I welcome that...Tyson has earned it.
                    well said...couldnt agree more myself...he's a player id hate to see us part with

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• We need to keep these guys somehow .... they can play.

Courtney Brown (athlete)
                      Matt Moore (get some meat on him)
                      Miles Austin (looked like a #1 vs the back ups)
                      John Saldi (looks like a 3-4 LB)
                      Abram Elam (Better than Roy if given the shot)
                      Nick Folk (Maybe the starter)
                      Tony Curtis (Can we trade Witten or Fasano for a starting CB?)

Anyway..............

Comment

• Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
                        We need to keep these guys somehow .... they can play.

Courtney Brown (athlete)
                        Matt Moore (get some meat on him)
                        Miles Austin (looked like a #1 vs the back ups)
                        John Saldi (looks like a 3-4 LB)
                        Abram Elam (Better than Roy if given the shot)
                        Nick Folk (Maybe the starter)
                        Tony Curtis (Can we trade Witten or Fasano for a starting CB?)

Anyway..............
                        Bold= Locks, imo.

Miles had a solid night...so, did Urban...I'm still up in there air w/ that whole situation right now.

Courtney got the pick...he is a hell of an athlete but, I'm not sure if he has done enough to make the team.

Saldi has been off and on...he'll probably get cut but, we wont have a problem getting him on the PS.

As for trading Witten or Fasano...once again a total fantasy. Trades are rare in the NFL, this isnt Madden or fantasy football. Curtis has been a fine player this preseason but, he is not the talent of either of those two.

Elam is pretty good but, he's no Roy Williams. Hell, I'd take Davis over Elam. Elam should make the team as our 5th safety...I just cant see us cutting him...Davis would be the primary bup and Elam would continue to be a solid contributer on ST.
                        Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 08-31-2007, 12:46 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Locks, imo.

Miles had a solid night...so, did Urban...I'm still up in there air w/ that whole situation right now.

Courtney got the pick...he is a hell of an athlete but, I'm not sure if he has done enough to make the team.

Saldi has been off and on...he'll probably get cut but, we wont have a problem getting him on the PS.

As for trading Witten or Fasano...once again a total fantasy. Trades are rare in the NFL, this isnt Madden or fantasy football. Curtis has been a fine player this preseason but, he is not the talent of either of those two.

Elam is pretty good but, he's no Roy Williams. Hell, I'd take Davis over Elam. Elam should make the team as our 5th safety...I just cant see us cutting him...Davis would be the primary bup and Elam would continue to be a solid contributer on ST.
                          I realise we are not trading a TE. Just asking (begging) for an answer to the CB hole we have.

Elam can cover and actually play safety. Davis is a Special Teamer. I would cut Davis and save the salary.

Saldi is raw but he has the size and build. Reminds me of Gary Reasons from the 1980s. I would keep him somewhere and develop him. He has the 3-4 ILB look.

Brown is too much of an athlete to let go. I love athletes on the back end of the roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
                            I realise we are not trading a TE. Just asking (begging) for an answer to the CB hole we have.

Elam can cover and actually play safety. Davis is a Special Teamer. I would cut Davis and save the salary.

Saldi is raw but he has the size and build. Reminds me of Gary Reasons from the 1980s. I would keep him somewhere and develop him. He has the 3-4 ILB look.

Brown is too much of an athlete to let go. I love athletes on the back end of the roster.
                            I just cant see us cutting Elam or Davis...I think they'll both make it. Both are valuable players in their own right. In Wade's system, I like Davis more than Elam.

Brown has shown some flashes here and there but, he is playing safety now. That would be 6...highly unlikely. It also doesnt look like we have a spot for him at corner either...that will be an interesting cut but, right now...I'd say he's going to the PS.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

I just cant see us cutting Elam or Davis...I think they'll both make it. Both are valuable players in their own right. In Wade's system, I like Davis more than Elam.

Brown has shown some flashes here and there but, he is playing safety now. That would be 6...highly unlikely. It also doesnt look like we have a spot for him at corner either...that will be an interesting cut but, right now...I'd say he's going to the PS.

Be nice to keep an athlete like that and give him time to season.

Comment

• I really don't understand how you got the "Elam can cover and coul be better than Roy Wiliams" thing. First Elam can't sniff Roy's jock in the run support. Second, Elam was late in almost every pass play during the first two games of this preseason (the only two I saw), playing against backup QB's and backup WR's.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information