Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AHEM, I would also like to point out Sidney Rice looked very good. He did those very things I know we need -- make tough catches in the end zone.

He almost looked as good as Miles Austin.

Bye Mr Urban. Glad not to see you fielding ANOTHER PUNT inside the 5.

Comment

• Saldi was a joke. I watched him on multiple occasions try to get around the corner...lean to far and simple fall down at the feet of the tackle...I also saw him get blown off the line every time a guard made contact with him...he was the worst player on the field...that was saying something on thursday. His sack was a miscommunication on the offensive line. I can't believe you picked him out.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
        Saldi was a joke. I watched him on multiple occasions try to get around the corner...lean to far and simple fall down at the feet of the tackle...I also saw him get blown off the line every time a guard made contact with him...he was the worst player on the field...that was saying something on thursday. His sack was a miscommunication on the offensive line. I can't believe you picked him out.
        Not sure what game you saw in the stands but the one on TV he looked fine for the PS. He is tall, can move and seems to be around the ball.

But, hey, what do I know.

Comment

• The only play he made that was a positive in the whole game was the sack that was the OL's fault. I'm being completely serious here too...he looked like a high school JV player out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
            Hard to win a Super Bowl IN SPITE of your QB. Just hard, not impossible.

I only hope Tony realizes all the "postive" stuff he hears everyday is not reality once you start to compete.

The fact his mechanics and pocket presence has seemingly not improved since last season says something to me which is bothersome.

So we can spin all we want but if he looks All Pro one game (which he can) and throws 4 INT and fumbles twice the next ..... that is a .500 team at best..
            I know that is not what you think we are, so I don't know where you are going with that.

Comment

The only play he made that was a positive in the whole game was the sack that was the OL's fault. I'm being completely serious here too...he looked like a high school JV player out there.
              Well, not sure that negates the possiblity he needs a year in a serious football program called Practice Squad. That is my position. Plus, I don't think he is an OLB. I think he is an ILB.

In general all good athletes who are raw need PS. Look at guys like Adalius Thomas. Just need time to learn how to play.
              Last edited by robert_in_bigd; 09-02-2007, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                I know that is not what you think we are, so I don't know where you are going with that.
                Tony needs to learn and I have not seen anything since last year.

I am very concerned about his lack of improvement in the mechanical basics.

Find out more on Sunday night.

BTW, not saying anything others are not repeating.

Comment

• Khali Long and Hannah are guys who scream practice squad to me. Guys who have huge upside just are extremely raw. Saldi falls in the Ryan Fowler mold to me I just don't see that as worth it.

Comment

Mechanics are only part of the game tho. You can think of a great player in any sport who doesn't have good mechanics. For instance...Michael Jordan had horrible form on his jumpshot. But he turned out all right. I'll take a guy with the heart and forgettful mind that is needed as a QB over perfect mechanics. You can either make the throws or you can't....

Comment

Khali Long and Hannah are guys who scream practice squad to me. Guys who have huge upside just are extremely raw. Saldi falls in the Ryan Fowler mold to me I just don't see that as worth it.
                      Fari enuff points. I think Salid is a little more talented than Fowler .... and I think Fowler is playing somewhere.

Comment

It's been a couple of quarters in a few preseason games and you've already made up your mind Romo is a big huge worry and our season is in question?

I really can't take your point of view on Tony's mechanics because.... well, you are not Wade Wilson. Unless you know exactly what he worked on, it's all assumption on your part. You can talk about mechanics all you want, but it really is funny to hear that you have some expertise on it.

Anyways... whatever Romo is, I'm behind him all the way, and I'm hoping he is successful and leads us to a good season. I know he's not perfect, but I can't sit here and criticize the guy before the first game of the season.

Comment

Mechanics are only part of the game tho. You can think of a great player in any sport who doesn't have good mechanics. For instance...Michael Jordan had horrible form on his jumpshot. But he turned out all right. I'll take a guy with the heart and forgettful mind that is needed as a QB over perfect mechanics. You can either make the throws or you can't....
                          Jordan had horrible mechanics?

I know alot about Football but 10X more basketball.

Michael Jordan had almost text book form. Just look at at ball in his hands when being released.

His only flaw was that his form prevented from being a great 3 point bomber because he pushed the ball from the center of his body to release.

And even that, once you learn to get your legs underneath you that form is not a handicap persee. Dale Ellis and Reggie Miller come to mind with similar forms.
                          Last edited by robert_in_bigd; 09-02-2007, 11:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            It's been a couple of quarters in a few preseason games and you've already made up your mind Romo is a big huge worry and our season is in question?

I really can't take your point of view on Tony's mechanics because.... well, you are not Wade Wilson. Unless you know exactly what he worked on, it's all assumption on your part. You can talk about mechanics all you want, but it really is funny to hear that you have some expertise on it.

Anyways... whatever Romo is, I'm behind him all the way, and I'm hoping he is successful and leads us to a good season. I know he's not perfect, but I can't sit here and criticize the guy before the first game of the season.
                            I am hoping he is great. Regardless, I am concerned. Why is this so bad?

Comment

Jordan had horrible mechanics?

I know alot about Football but 10X more basketball.

Michael Jordan had almost text book form. Just look at at ball in his hands when being released.

His only flaw was that his form prevented from being a great 3 point bomber because he pushed the ball from the center of his body to release.

And even that, once you learn to get your legs underneath you that form is not a handicap persee. Ellis and Reggie come to mind with similar forms.
                              He used his guide hand to force the ball forward...thats about the worst thing a shooter can do.

Comment

He used his guide hand to force the ball forward...thats about the worst thing a shooter can do.
                                No, the worst thing a shooter can do is palm the ball in the act of shooting, second worst is roll it off the pinky, third worst is let your thumb prevent a fluid release (guys with big hands), fourth is have a flat release, fifth is not having your legs underneath you.

Perfect release has your middle finger and the r e t a r d e d one last touching the ball.

Jordan had a beautiful jump shot toward the middle to back end of his career. In fact he was a fantastic jump shooter from about 30 on.

Just let this one go.
                                Last edited by robert_in_bigd; 09-02-2007, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information