Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DMN blog is reporting Tank is coming in for a workout.

    http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/

    Comment


    • The Cowboys weren't without Nate Jones for too long.

      One day after cutting the fourth-year cornerback to make room for Tank Johnson, the Cowboys re-signed Jones after he cleared waivers.

      Jones, the team's leading tackler on special teams so far with four stops, goes back to the 53-man roster in place of Johnson, who was moved to the reserve/suspended list. League rules state Johnson had to spend 24 hours on the 53-man roster before moving to reserve/suspended.

      Jones, a restricted free agent last off-season who signed a one-year, $850,000 tender, was re-signed for the league minimum of $510,000, the same base salary as Johnson, whose salary will be prorated.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by thule View Post
        The Cowboys weren't without Nate Jones for too long.

        One day after cutting the fourth-year cornerback to make room for Tank Johnson, the Cowboys re-signed Jones after he cleared waivers.

        Jones, the team's leading tackler on special teams so far with four stops, goes back to the 53-man roster in place of Johnson, who was moved to the reserve/suspended list. League rules state Johnson had to spend 24 hours on the 53-man roster before moving to reserve/suspended.

        Jones, a restricted free agent last off-season who signed a one-year, $850,000 tender, was re-signed for the league minimum of $510,000, the same base salary as Johnson, whose salary will be prorated.
        Well, I don't know what the fuss was about losing him in the first place. I can say with confidence that I'm not a fan and that I hope he's replaced with someone we draft high next year or by FA or trade. Or heck, maybe even Alan Ball can take his place. Nate Jones is garbage.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          Well, I don't know what the fuss was about losing him in the first place. I can say with confidence that I'm not a fan and that I hope he's replaced with someone we draft high next year or by FA or trade. Or heck, maybe even Alan Ball can take his place. Nate Jones is garbage.
          So is Reeves...so, happy Newman is playing on Sunday. One step closer.

          Thanks BoneKrusher^

          http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

          Comment


          • is T New gonna be close to 100% at all? id like to think so with him missing 2 games





            Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

            Comment


            • Is Newman going to be starting or playing NB ?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by dc4life View Post
                Is Newman going to be starting or playing NB ?
                He's playing nickel according to John Clayton.

                Oh how i wish we kept Joey Thomas...Reeves cannot play man to save his life.

                Thanks BoneKrusher^

                http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

                Comment


                • Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                  is T New gonna be close to 100% at all? id like to think so with him missing 2 games
                  He's been making strides but, still not 100%. He may not be 100% all season long. He is in good enough shape to play though, just gonna have to wait and see what level he can play at.

                  Thanks BoneKrusher^

                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

                  Comment


                  • What do you think of your defense this week? Not sure if I'm gonna start them or Denver vs JAX in fantasy this week. I'm really wondering about Newman, why would he play nickel...not healthy enough to play a full game so they will just use him when they need him?

                    Thanks to BK for the sig

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                      What do you think of your defense this week? Not sure if I'm gonna start them or Denver vs JAX in fantasy this week. I'm really wondering about Newman, why would he play nickel...not healthy enough to play a full game so they will just use him when they need him?
                      Newman will play nickel because he isn't healthy enough to play 60 plus snaps on defense. But he is going to play because newman on one leg > than Nate Jones.

                      Comment


                      • Dont really like to look too far ahead but, after tonight we have back to back winless teams in the next two weeks...good stuff. Def. not gimmes but, I'm not complaining.

                        Thanks BoneKrusher^

                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

                        Comment


                        • And the Giants do us a solid and take out the Redskins.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by BX View Post
                            And the Giants do us a solid and take out the Redskins.
                            Yup, and the Browns lost...good stuff.

                            Thanks BoneKrusher^

                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

                            Comment


                            • Witten should go ahead and book himself a ticket to Honolulu. He's having a great year, and if these past three games are any indication, he's a sho-in for the Pro Bowl.

                              Comment


                              • To call that a fun game to watch would be an understatement. :)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information