Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great game, got to be excited afterwards, went into NY and beat a very good team for the 2nd time this year...i cant say we will just win out every game except for Green Bay because there are always let downs, teams will start giving us their best effort week in and out, and we have to take every game seriously...

anyone know what strahan and roy were getting into it about at the end of the game?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Some interesting stuff from dmn blog
      Isn't it amazing how much better the Dallas defense played the second time around against the Giants? New York had 438 yards and 35 points in the opener, compared to 300 yards and 20 points today.

Of course, it's no coincidence that Terence Newman and Greg Ellis sat out the opener and played today.

"They made a big difference," LB Bradie James said.

Give Newman credit for Plaxico Burress being a four-catch, 24-yard non-factor. Newman covered Burress one-on-one a lot. When he didn't, he took Amani Toomer by himself, allowing the Cowboys to double cover Burress.

Ellis was a major reason the Cowboys were able to put a lot of pressure on Eli Manning. The Cowboys had five sacks, including one by Ellis, against a Giants team that allowed nine in the first eight games. Ellis also got in Manning's face and tipped the pass on Ken Hamlin's pick.
      I've mentioned before a defensive package that puts DeMarcus Ware, Anthony Spencer and Greg Ellis on the field together. The Cowboys used that package -- featuring Ellis at left DE in a three-man front, with Ware and Spencer as the OLBs -- more today than any other game.

Ellis said that was a significant part of the Cowboys' game plan. Give Wade Phillips credit. It worked wonders.

Ellis beat a one-on-one block to get to Eli Manning and tip a pass that ended up in Ken Hamlin's hands. He got the one-on-one look because Ware was lined up on his outside hip. That pick set up a field goal.

Spencer beat a one-on-one block -- no way will any team slide protection to him with Ware and Ellis on the opposite side -- to get his sack in the second quarter. That forced a punt, giving the Cowboys good field position for their final drive of the half, which resulted in a TD.

"You try to create one-on-ones where you can," Ellis said. "It worked in our favor tonight."

Not sure why we didn't see more of this package against the Patriots. I'd expect to see a lot more of it when the Packers come to town in a few weeks.
      Once again another game where our pressure was outstanding...we dominate teams on the los that don't get dominated on the LOS...this is something we do better than any team in the league and is the main reason we are the only logical team to have a shot against the pats.

Comment

• Who here doesnt have NFL Network? The upcoming Green Bay and Carolina games are on NFLN only.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          Who here doesnt have NFL Network? The upcoming Green Bay and Carolina games are on NFLN only.
          i just got the nfln and am disappointed. yeah the games are nice, but the rest is just junk. you can get the same stuff on nfl.com through the video section.

i was expecting the espn matchup show, but eh.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
            Who here doesnt have NFL Network? The upcoming Green Bay and Carolina games are on NFLN only.
            In Dallas they will show the games on the local channels, the My Network affiliates I believe. So if you're not in the Dallas area or don't have NFLN, you're pretty much out of luck unless you can find a way online or a local bar that might have it.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboyz View Post
              i just got the nfln and am disappointed. yeah the games are nice, but the rest is just junk. you can get the same stuff on nfl.com through the video section.

i was expecting the espn matchup show, but eh.
              Yah, i've had it since it first came out...the best thing about it, is the combine...everything else is just filler. Atleast, they have live games now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                ...we dominate teams on the los that don't get dominated on the LOS
                Yup, agree. Similar points made prior to the Pats game.

Originally posted by thule View Post
                this is something we do better than any team in the league and is the main reason we are the only logical team to have a shot against the pats.
                Pats are not as physical a team anymore. Pass Blocking very good, Run Blocking OK. Pass Defense very dood. Run Defense ok. They are Air Coryell and better hope for good weather in the Playoffs. I think Colts can beat them if healthy.

Cowboys need to tighten up their Pass D to play with the Pats. If they do, they have a great chance for the reasons mentioned.

Comment

• I think I'll need to visit my parents for Thanksgiving. They've got the NFL Network... :)

Comment

• I use Yahoo NFL Game Pass so...no problem :P

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Did you see Jimmy at halftime yesterday? Its a good thing Keith Davis didnt have him for a coach because he would have been cut at halftime lol.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• I heard Sean Taylors out for this weeks game.

We should have no problem against the skins with him out

Comment

• Im surprised to see how much Roy is getting ripped for the game against the Giants... Yeah he couldn't cover Shockey, but we knew that. Im am one of roys biggest critics on here and I actually think it was his best game of the season. He was constantly getting into the backfield or putting hits on the RB's right at the LOS and he didn't get beat deep. Roy showed me the type of run support that actually justifies him being on the field.

I wish he was a complete safety, but he is what he is and if he plays like this for the rest of the season I would be happy to say the least. I just hope we can tighten up the secondary just a bit more. We're still not quite where we need to be. Eli is average and doesn't show up in big games -- Favre will be a great test

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                            Im surprised to see how much Roy is getting ripped for the game against the Giants... Yeah he couldn't cover Shockey, but we knew that. Im am one of roys biggest critics on here and I actually think it was his best game of the season. He was constantly getting into the backfield or putting hits on the RB's right at the LOS and he didn't get beat deep. Roy showed me the type of run support that actually justifies him being on the field.

I wish he was a complete safety, but he is what he is and if he plays like this for the rest of the season I would be happy to say the least. I just hope we can tighten up the secondary just a bit more. We're still not quite where we need to be. Eli is average and doesn't show up in big games -- Favre will be a great test
                            Same here. He made all of his tackles, even laid a good lick on Jacobs on one play driving him back 2 yards.

Comment

• congrats on the win. Our D just isn't were it needs to be to stop you guys when you guys are on and our O stops itself. I can't wait to see you guys in the playoffs, it'll be one hell of a game again.

Comment

• redskins.com reports that hes out for atleast two weeks, im so mad cause my favorite part of the skins boys games lately is watching taylor light up TO

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                                12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information