Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    Vanderbilt's Chris Williams looks really REALLY good right now at our second round pick. Tony Hills might fall too now that he's out for the year...
    Forum Q:

    Guard or Tackle in the 3rd / 4th?

    Comment


    • I don't think there is any way in the world we take a Tackle on the first day...I'm even boarder line taking one at all in the draft.

      We drafted a guy with our second pick in the draft...now call me stupid but I think its safe to say he has a spot on the roster. Than we picked up a guy with our 4th pick who outplayed everyone at OT this offseason. I just find it so hard to believe that we are going to bring in yet another guy to try to outplay these too...maybe a project or something in the end rounds...or maybe even a OT earlier with the intentions of moving him inside...but no way we select a guy to come in an just compete. If there was a top guy on the left side...like Joe Thomas...than I would be all for that...after all he was as good of a prospect as any to come out. But there isn't....top LT at this point is probably Clady...and he may not even come out...if he does I'm not sold on him as a worth player to come in and start right away anyways...which basically makes his selection moot.


      On the Flozell contract talks...I think it is pretty interesting. I just say give him a 3-4 year deal...give him all his money upfront...so that if his play declines we can take the rest of his cap and cut him for basically nothing. I would split his bonus up over 2 years or something...just to give us basically two years to stay with him...and then make him cutable in his 3rd year.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by thule View Post
        I don't think there is any way in the world we take a Tackle on the first day...I'm even boarder line taking one at all in the draft.

        We drafted a guy with our second pick in the draft...now call me stupid but I think its safe to say he has a spot on the roster. Than we picked up a guy with our 4th pick who outplayed everyone at OT this offseason. I just find it so hard to believe that we are going to bring in yet another guy to try to outplay these too...maybe a project or something in the end rounds...or maybe even a OT earlier with the intentions of moving him inside...but no way we select a guy to come in an just compete. If there was a top guy on the left side...like Joe Thomas...than I would be all for that...after all he was as good of a prospect as any to come out. But there isn't....top LT at this point is probably Clady...and he may not even come out...if he does I'm not sold on him as a worth player to come in and start right away anyways...which basically makes his selection moot.


        On the Flozell contract talks...I think it is pretty interesting. I just say give him a 3-4 year deal...give him all his money upfront...so that if his play declines we can take the rest of his cap and cut him for basically nothing. I would split his bonus up over 2 years or something...just to give us basically two years to stay with him...and then make him cutable in his 3rd year.
        No one is writing off Marten. I like his potential at RT though. He's not an NFL LT.

        Free was the second of two 4th rounders. We've typically hit on our 4th rounders and Free was doing good until he got injured. Then again... we've heard that before. The kid is extremely injury prone. It's why he dropped in the draft. Reliable? No. Nice potential? Slipping with each and every injury. Hope? Plenty of it.

        I don't care what we invested in in the past. If Flozell leaves, we have a huge hole to fill. Just because we've spent a 3rd and 4th rounder last year, doesn't mean we have a solution. There are Tackles in this draft that I like a lot more than Free and McQuistan. It'd be wise to double cover our tails especially when we don't have many other glaring needs. This would shoot up to our #1 NEED. Whereas a 3rd corner, complimentary RB, speed at WR, upgrade for Kosier... they are all luxury wants.

        I don't think it's any coincidence that we are playing well this year and our OL is at it's best since the 90s.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by thule View Post
          I don't think there is any way in the world we take a Tackle on the first day...I'm even boarder line taking one at all in the draft.

          We drafted a guy with our second pick in the draft...now call me stupid but I think its safe to say he has a spot on the roster. Than we picked up a guy with our 4th pick who outplayed everyone at OT this offseason. I just find it so hard to believe that we are going to bring in yet another guy to try to outplay these too...maybe a project or something in the end rounds...or maybe even a OT earlier with the intentions of moving him inside...but no way we select a guy to come in an just compete. If there was a top guy on the left side...like Joe Thomas...than I would be all for that...after all he was as good of a prospect as any to come out. But there isn't....top LT at this point is probably Clady...and he may not even come out...if he does I'm not sold on him as a worth player to come in and start right away anyways...which basically makes his selection moot.


          On the Flozell contract talks...I think it is pretty interesting. I just say give him a 3-4 year deal...give him all his money upfront...so that if his play declines we can take the rest of his cap and cut him for basically nothing. I would split his bonus up over 2 years or something...just to give us basically two years to stay with him...and then make him cutable in his 3rd year.
          A fallback option on Flo's contract could be to franchise him. Now he's probably not quite one of the top 5 tackles in the league, but he is certainly in the top 10, and a franchise tag might actually be a better deal than playing the inflated market. Furthermore, the tag gives you the option of letting him go easily after a year if he struggles, or giving him another contract if his solid play continues.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JJJ888 View Post
            A fallback option on Flo's contract could be to franchise him. Now he's probably not quite one of the top 5 tackles in the league, but he is certainly in the top 10, and a franchise tag might actually be a better deal than playing the inflated market. Furthermore, the tag gives you the option of letting him go easily after a year if he struggles, or giving him another contract if his solid play continues.
            Can a brotha get a "HEEEEELL NAW!!!!!!!!!"???

            Comment


            • Why would we want to fallback on Davis at LT?? he has played so well since he moved over to guard and id hate to see him go back to tackle and start to struggle


              and i guess letting Flozell isnt so bad, we cant sign everyone back, but being how important he is, id almost rather lock him up then start young elsewhere





              Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

              Comment


              • Are you guys worried at all about the Texas trainer that admitted to serving steroids to current and past Cowboys?
                Originally posted by Paul
                Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                  Are you guys worried at all about the Texas trainer that admitted to serving steroids to current and past Cowboys?
                  Not sure if he admitted it so much as he said it to save his own ass. I believe there is likely steroid use on every team in the NFL, but I think it's wise to always take the statements of cornered defendants lightly. I'll be concerned if/when they uncover some kind of tangible evidence.

                  Comment


                  • http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/303753.html

                    Leonard Davis was hurt in practice yesterday

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by FinChase View Post
                      http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/303753.html

                      Leonard Davis was hurt in practice yesterday
                      Doesn't sound too bad.

                      Comment


                      • IRVING, Texas - If the fans had complete say over who makes it to the Pro Bowl, the Cowboys likely would have several representatives going to Hawaii after this season.

                        Not only is quarterback Tony Romo fifth (319,959) in the fan voting, but he received the highest number of votes through Sprint wireless.

                        While Romo was behind Green Bay quarterback Brett Favre among the NFC quarterbacks, 10 other Cowboys were leading their respective positions from the fans votes.

                        Wide receiver Terrell Owens was ninth in total fan votes with 255,490 and leading all NFC receivers. Other Cowboys leading at their respective positions include...

                        Center Andre Gurode
                        Guard Leonard Davis
                        Tackle Flozell Adams
                        Tight end Jason Witten
                        Linebacker DeMarcus Ware
                        Safety Roy Williams
                        Punter Mat McBriar
                        Kicker Nick Folk
                        Special teams captain Keith Davis.

                        The rest of the article: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cf...2E537758C90C9A

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BX View Post
                          Safety Roy Williams
                          What a joke.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                            What a joke.

                            One of the perks for playing on AMERICAS TEAM:D :D




                            The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                              One of the perks for playing on AMERICAS TEAM:D :D
                              Goes to show you what fans know.

                              I think Cal Ripken is still an All Star too.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                Doesn't sound too bad.
                                http://blog.dallascowboys.com/blogs/...15/874107.aspx

                                Maybe not, but he's not practicing today.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information