Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If looking at WR I want to trhow in a new name... Devin Thomas at Mich State.

Won't got as high as the brand names but looks as good as Bowman, etc..... in that same 6-3,6-4 league with great speed and size. Fluid too. A bigger Donte Stallworth.

Comment

• Originally posted by SweatThePipe View Post
      How you figure that?

Hamlin is 26 and Roy is 27

so next year Hamlin will be 27 (in January) and Roy will be 28 (in August)
      I meant corners.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
        I would like Jammer on this team. I wouldn't call him a shutdown or big play CB, but he is a guy who knows the system and from what I've seen a very solid tackler, most notably in the open field. I expect Wade to give him a look for sure if he does go into FA.

But with the depth and talent at CB in this year's draft, I wouldn't mind adding a young guy also.

To anyone who wants jammer... He sucks. I really don't think wade would bring him in knowing what he is.

I live In SD and watch every charger games and both of their corners would drive everyone here insane.

I know last year they were said to have had "break out season's" but like I said before it was mostly because of San Diego's front 7 creating so much chaos that the secondary didn't have to be that good.

Jammer plays very physical and in constantly picking up illegal contact/Pass Interference penalties. He is a sure tackler, but that is about it. Good thing too because he gets thrown on all day. If you ask any charger fan about him, almost all of them will tell you they hate him and dont understand why Cromartie is still playing nickle back. Jammer is a #2 at best.

With florence, you get a guy who doesn't get as many Pass Interference calls but manages to get a 15 yard personal foul or 15 yard face mask or 15 yard taunting/unsportsmanlike penalty every game. He is an average #2 at best.

In regards to Vasher and Tillman, they are both tampa-2 guys and Im not sure if their skills would translate well into our system. I'm pretty sure Chicago rarely mans them up 1 on 1 which is something that we need to be able to do with WP scheme.

Dre Bly -- Too expensive.

Foxworth would be ok I guess but it would have to be for the right price. I would hate to see us overpay a guy who isn't going to start and might not even give us a whole lot more than Reeves can already.

Comment

• what would everyone think about signing Donte Stallworth. I've heard it mentioned a few times by others but Im not a fan of the idea myself.

Pluses -- Great RAC. Great Speed. Can stretch the field opposite of T.O. and open up alot more for Crayton/Witten Underneath. Good Hands. And most of all, you know what you are getting with the guy.

Minuses -- Expensive and get's injured every year.

Questions? Could we even bring in a guy like him and still afford to pay guys like Crayton and make sure we keep important pieces of this team together? Does our offense really need a guy like this? -- Sure we dont have our "speed" guy this year, but is it even a problem? We are ranked #2 and haven't had problems scoring on anyone -- not even New England.

I still don't see why people think WR is such an issue on this team. The whole speed thing is overrated IMO. We are fine this year without Glenn, and we've got Stanback to develop anyway.

Im still in favor of building our defense and getting a few more pieces to make it better over putting more money and high draft picks into the offense.

Comment

• I dont get the speed wr thing either, its nice but not necessary...we havent had any problems this year with Crayton as our #2 so I dont get why people think we have 2 have one to make our offense click better

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
              what would everyone think about signing Donte Stallworth. I've heard it mentioned a few times by others but Im not a fan of the idea myself.

Pluses -- Great RAC. Great Speed. Can stretch the field opposite of T.O. and open up alot more for Crayton/Witten Underneath. Good Hands. And most of all, you know what you are getting with the guy.

Minuses -- Expensive and get's injured every year.

Questions? Could we even bring in a guy like him and still afford to pay guys like Crayton and make sure we keep important pieces of this team together? Does our offense really need a guy like this? -- Sure we dont have our "speed" guy this year, but is it even a problem? We are ranked #2 and haven't had problems scoring on anyone -- not even New England.

I still don't see why people think WR is such an issue on this team. The whole speed thing is overrated IMO. We are fine this year without Glenn, and we've got Stanback to develop anyway.

Im still in favor of building our defense and getting a few more pieces to make it better over putting more money and high draft picks into the offense.
              I sure wouldn't want to invest in Stallworth. As you stated, he gets hurt too much and will want the money. Moss is a FA next year but the Pats would be insane to let him go. I think our best bet is to draft.. unless those Fitzgerald/Roy Williams (detriot) rumors are true, which i doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                I dont get the speed wr thing either, its nice but not necessary...we havent had any problems this year with Crayton as our #2 so I dont get why people think we have 2 have one to make our offense click better
                A speed WR forces defense to keep a safety deep and takes them out of the running game/underneath passing routes. Just the threat of getting beat deep can open up all kinds of things for an offense.

Desings by D-Unit

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdallas View Post
                  A speed WR forces defense to keep a safety deep and takes them out of the running game/underneath passing routes. Just the threat of getting beat deep can open up all kinds of things for an offense.
                  I understand its a nice commodity to have, but we have no touble moving the ball with Crayton as our #2 so I dont understand why its so important to some people, id much rather throw big bucks around on the defensive line or secondary somewhere..Crayton is really emerging, he isnt the fastest guy but I dont think anyone can doubt the level of play he is at right now, he beat a Washington defender deep for a PI in this game, and breaks those short catches into long gains, id be fine with him as our #2 as long as we have TO or another wr who can take all the attention away

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• I think today against the Skin's has just proved my point. T.O. has speed and is a deep threat himself? He stretches the field just as well as anyone in the league.

Our big problems are on defense. We have a good core and are getting better, but we are still missing a few pieces. We cant continue to keep forcing our offense to win a majority of the games, the defense needs to show that it can hold its own against a competent offense.

Comment

I think today against the Skin's has just proved my point. T.O. has speed and is a deep threat himself? He stretches the field just as well as anyone in the league.

Our big problems are on defense. We have a good core and are getting better, but we are still missing a few pieces. We cant continue to keep forcing our offense to win a majority of the games, the defense needs to show that it can hold its own against a competent offense.
                      Or maybe we could learn to run the ball on first and second down...so we could have a more balanced attack...it is pretty sad when you just run the ball to maintain balance...not because you actually want to wear a team down and win the TOP.

Comment

• Yeah thats New Englands problem too....

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                          Or maybe we could learn to run the ball on first and second down...so we could have a more balanced attack...it is pretty sad when you just run the ball to maintain balance...not because you actually want to wear a team down and win the TOP.
                          This is true, but what does it have to do with our defense being the major weakness of the team? Even when they are fresh they give up scores. Us using more time on offense would definitely help out the defense but it still wouldn't make a difference with Roy or Jacque.

Roy is a fat pig by the way. He needs to lose about 15 more pounds.

Comment

This is true, but what does it have to do with our defense being the major weakness of the team? Even when they are fresh they give up scores. Us using more time on offense would definitely help out the defense but it still wouldn't make a difference with Roy or Jacque.

Roy is a fat pig by the way. He needs to lose about 15 more pounds.
                            Well a lot of our problems today had to do with our zone recognition.

Like I said in another thread...why is Newman playing man on the slot WR...while the outside corner(reeves) is playing a zone in the hitch flat zone.

If this is the case....when the TE on the strongside goes out...Burnett is now covering him or playing strongside zone in the middle. Newman is suppose to play the other side in the middle zone...which really puts the pressure on Roy because he has the whole intermediate middle zone...Watkins has deep...and Hamlin is on the strong side giving help .

I just think we are having scheme problems. I am all for bringing in a rookie CB to bring up...but I'm not even sold that they would start over Reeves at this point.

I really don't see another position on the first day that needs to be addressed with that type of player. Obviously there are some positions that could use a bit of youth and talent upgrade...but none of them could do as much as a top player in the draft...if we have a chance to get him think about this. We have MB3 for another year...and if it costs us 4 picks to get him I think we can get away with it....I don't think it's right to forfeit your future...but we don't have 5 or 6 positions on this team for rookies to make the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                              Yeah thats New Englands problem too....
                              New England has the injury excuse at least.

Our OL needs to do a much better job of moving DL off their spots -- especially the Tackles.

OH, an Cleveland maybe the luckiest NFL team. Jeez marie what fing luck. They are winning games with miracles.

Comment

• I don't think that our OL is making great holes...but as i stated earlier...I really think this scheme requires the RB to win his one on one battles.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information