This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BX View Post
    I refuse to count out the Lions. Just remember, in order for the Lions to in 10 games this year (like Kitna said), they'll need to win out the rest of the season..

And I believed they could do it earlier this season. So this is NOT the team to sleep on.
    Agreed. We almost always seem to have problems with the Lions, for some reason.

Let's also not forget that Kitna went on a Seattle radio show the week after last year's game and made some really derogatory remarks about the defense. The Dallas/FW papers are reporting that the defense is still fuming about those remarks. Kitna could be in for a really long day. I wonder if he would have opened his mouth if he had known they'd be scheduled to play the Cowboys again the next season?

Comment

• Ok, I've almost finished with the Giants game too, I was very busy these days.
      Before watching the Redskins game, I remember someone saying that Tank was in for only six plays. Do someone remember this?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Cowboys owner-general manger Jerry Jones said he would like to lock up free safety Ken Hamlin to a long-term deal. Hamlin, who signed a one-year, $1.75 million contract in March, is tied for fourth in the NFL with five interceptions. That's tied for the team lead with cornerback Anthony Henry. "He has a lot of savvy," Jones said of Hamlin. "He understands what's going on, and the more he understands, it's all going to make Hamlin a better player." -- Dallas Morning News

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          Cowboys owner-general manger Jerry Jones said he would like to lock up free safety Ken Hamlin to a long-term deal. Hamlin, who signed a one-year, $1.75 million contract in March, is tied for fourth in the NFL with five interceptions. That's tied for the team lead with cornerback Anthony Henry. "He has a lot of savvy," Jones said of Hamlin. "He understands what's going on, and the more he understands, it's all going to make Hamlin a better player." -- Dallas Morning News
          Lovin' that news!!!

*crossing FS off my draft list* :D

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
            Cowboys owner-general manger Jerry Jones said he would like to lock up free safety Ken Hamlin to a long-term deal. Hamlin, who signed a one-year, $1.75 million contract in March, is tied for fourth in the NFL with five interceptions. That's tied for the team lead with cornerback Anthony Henry. "He has a lot of savvy," Jones said of Hamlin. "He understands what's going on, and the more he understands, it's all going to make Hamlin a better player." -- Dallas Morning News
            While I like Hamlin at SS over Roy --- "long term deal" and Ken Hamlin seems like another reach for an average player.

Jerry is too close to his players, and it seems to me, over values his talent.

How many SS does one team need?

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboysforever View Post
              While I like Hamlin at SS over Roy --- "long term deal" and Ken Hamlin seems like another reach for an average player.

Yea but the difference that Hamlin has made on our team has really showed, and he has put up numbers to go along with playing well...this was a tryout period for him, and he stepped up and has played very well and been a leader on our defense, it makes sense to sign him...its not like Jerry is throwing money around and not seeing what they can do, which is the reason when he signs guys like him and Tank its a short term fix at first unless he sees they can make an impact long term

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

In all honesty, I actually like his coverage skills. His tackling skills are .....eh.

Comment

• http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cf...012228FE000B5A

Columbo could be out this week. If so, we'll be seeing McQuistan in live action.

Comment

• McQ shouldn't miss a beat

Comment

• Ill have to keep an eye on him, see what the future looks like

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                        Yea but the difference that Hamlin has made on our team has really showed, and he has put up numbers to go along with playing well...this was a tryout period for him, and he stepped up and has played very well and been a leader on our defense, it makes sense to sign him...its not like Jerry is throwing money around and not seeing what they can do, which is the reason when he signs guys like him and Tank its a short term fix at first unless he sees they can make an impact long term
                        The improved safety play has as much to do with

1) Better Pass Rush
                        2) Roy Williams being eliminated from SS play on many passing downs
                        3) Watkins being a year older and wiser

Not saying Hamlin is playing poorly. I 100% feel he is a SS upgrade over Roy. He runs well. He is physical at the LOS. But most of the plays he has made are in front of him however (similar to Roy). And he does allow guys to get behind him rather easily (Welker v Cowboys).

But we still have a FS "skills" gap IMHO. I desperately want someone who can make a play with a ball over their head and who has the hip roll and pop to cover the Post pattern in Cover 1/2. We don't have that type of athlete unless Brown gets there.
                        Last edited by cowboysforever; 12-06-2007, 07:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                          McQ shouldn't miss a beat
                          I love seeing the young guys play.

Comment

• Keep in mind, if we do sign Hamlin long term, it does allow us the freedom to try and trade Roy somewhere in the next couple of years.

Comment

• In addition to Fitzgerald hating the Desert it looks like Roy Williams in DET wants back to Texas.

Maybe the Cowboy can package some LB Depth and a Number 1 this year and solve this WR Youth issue over night.

How about Roy Williams WR and Detroit's Number 2 for Dallas's Clev Pick, Bobby Carpenter LB and Roy Williams SS/LB .. I would even throw in Burnett and move SS Roy to Nickel LB.
                              Last edited by cowboysforever; 12-06-2007, 08:22 PM.

Comment

In addition to Fitzgerald hating the Desert it looks like Roy Williams in DET wants back to Texas.

Maybe the Cowboy can package some LB Depth and a Number 1 this year and solve this WR Youth issue over night.

How about Roy Williams WR and Detroit's Number 2 for Dallas's Clev Pick, Bobby Carpenter LB and Roy Williams SS/LB .. I would even throw in Burnett and move SS Roy to Nickel LB.
                                When I first found out that Roy wanted out I thought about our team, but I never heard he wanted back in Texas, thats news to me...But im not sure how another big time wr would work with TO here, I mean I know he's changed and all now but that smells like a disaster waiting to happen the first time someone starts pouting...

But Id give up our cleveland pick, and carpenter for roy and their 2nd or 3rd whichever is fine...Id almost be willing to take him for no draft picks in return because I know how sick he would be in our offense, but he would have to let someone like Crayton or Adams walk...thats alot of money on that side of the ball, Roy is a top 10 pick also...I left out the part about Roy Williams because he wont get traded, especially not for the guy with the same name lol...it might take a few fans a long time before they knew what was going on with that

Im definately not into giving up Burnett, carpenter and our 1st should be enough...I think we pass enough to have two big time wrs like cincy or the cardinals

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information