Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romo is just the man. Plain and simple. Witten was just huge for us.

This has to be the worst our defense has looked this season. Burnt constantly with run plays, absolutely no pressure, and some piss poor tackling. But they did get the stop when we really needed it.

But it's truly a great day, 12-1!! and Clinch the division! Awesome game.

Comment

• What an awful game by our defense... I think we didn't expect them to run at all and they caught us out of balance... But getting only 1 sack was pretty bad.. Their O-Line won the battle, I didn't expect that... We weren't getting pressure and we were pushed around on running plays.. I expected a 7 sacks game out of our defense today but they played a very bad game...

By the way, were are the NFC East Champions!

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Pathetic. If we want to truly be the class of the NFC, we can't play this bad against a mediocre team.I'm just glad we won the game. If it weren't for Romo, we'd be below .500, so praise God that we have the NFL's Chuck Norris on our side.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
          Pathetic. If we want to truly be the class of the NFC, we can't play this bad against a mediocre team.I'm just glad we won the game. If it weren't for Romo, we'd be below .500, so praise God that we have the NFL's Chuck Norris on our side.

I bet thats the same thing Pats fans were saying Monday night against the Ravens. IF we didnt have Brady....

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• James definitely took a step back today. He doesn't deserve to be mentioned among the top ILB in the league, much less the conference, and even less within our division. He is solid at best. He's been in the league long enough where this is just unacceptable. Ayodele Blows and Burnett should have got more playing time. He didn't see as much action as in weeks past and it showed. Roy and ayodele both took some pathetic angles. Hamlin had a ****** day as far as tackling goes. Really a piss poor game on the defensive side with almost no pressure. That is not good at all. Detroit has given up the most sacks in the league and we got 1 in garbage-bomb time. Our defense relies on pressure and we proved again today that inadequate players such as ayodele, spears, roy, and james (to an extent) will be the reason we do not win the superbowl this year if we dont. and if we do, I would say its going to be because our offense carries us. Pathetic day.

Comment

• Ill explain more in detail...We basically sucked from top to bottom on defense, but when it came down to that 3rd and 9 for Detroit to run out the clock we finally found a way to cause some pressure, which was so hard for us to do prior to that...Turned around and marched downfield for the go ahead td

I know im not the only one who noticed how well we play when were in that high paced, shotgon no huddle offense, put barber in at rb, and we score on almost every seriers we run that type of offense

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• I have joined the "Destroy Roy Williams" bandwagon as a result of the game today. He looked both lost and about 10 steps slower than anyone out there.

On a more positive note, Tony Romo is my hero and I wanna see some more no huddle offense next week.

Comment

• Anyone find it funny on Duckets TD run...how painfully slow Roy was....I've been in the middle of the road on him..and still am. I don't want him playing for the cowboys...however I can realize that he is a cowboys for probably another two years so I don't speculate on where or what we can do about it. But Wade has taken him away from what he does best. Now I thought it would be the complete opposite...but every time I see Roy he looks hesitant. Now I just have a feeling he is pressing and trying not to be caught out of position..but you can tell that he isn't just reacting he is thinking. This is a problem for Roy.

DeMarcus Where?

I love ware...because lets face it he is our front 7 playmaker...and we have no one else who makes dynamic plays it seems. Ellis is nice...but he doesn't seem double teams so I'm not going to sing his praises alot. But really I've never seen a more streaky player in my life....he disappears at he worst times...and when we need a play he can't just take over. I mean he makes big plays that change games...but guys like Reggie White and Lawence Taylor could bail there team out of trouble when there team needed it...Ware just can't do this....watch him in the 4th quarter it is painful.

Comment

• Well the 'Boys are 12-1. I don't really care about anything else that happens in the regular season (as a side note this is exactly why I don't want a playoff system in College, because I'd be so disinterested in the regular season). I really don't care if they go 0-3 for the remaining games or 3-0.

They could play lights out and lose the first game of the playoffs or play like dawg $hit the rest of the way and go to the super bowl. It just doesn't matter. The only thing that matters at this point is the first game of the playoffs.

Who cares about the defense or the offense from here on out? It doesn't matter at this point.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                    I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
                      Well the 'Boys are 12-1. I don't really care about anything else that happens in the regular season (as a side note this is exactly why I don't want a playoff system in College, because I'd be so disinterested in the regular season). I really don't care if they go 0-3 for the remaining games or 3-0.

They could play lights out and lose the first game of the playoffs or play like dawg $hit the rest of the way and go to the super bowl. It just doesn't matter. The only thing that matters at this point is the first game of the playoffs.

Who cares about the defense or the offense from here on out? It doesn't matter at this point.
                      Well you should. If that happens you'll lose your home field advantage.

Comment

• So what about home field advantage? The bottom line is that you have to play games in cold weather in January. I don't really feel that Lambeau or any other stadium is that much of an advantage in today's NFL anymore.

It is no coincidence that teams with good records win at home. But the question is whether they win at home because it's home or because they are good teams. You see, bad teams lose at home and good teams win at home. I think winning has to do with whether the team is good and very little to do with whether they are at home or not.

Also, much is made about the 'home field advantage' of the AFC or NFC championships. Has anyone actually thought about this? Of course the team with the home field wins more often, it's because they were the better team for the season (hence the home field). So, are they winning more often because they played the game at home or because they were the better team anyway?

My point is that 'home field advantage' is most a side affect of having the better team anyway and whether the cowboys have it or not I do not feel affects their ability to win.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                        I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                          Anyone find it funny on Duckets TD run...how painfully slow Roy was....I've been in the middle of the road on him..and still am. I don't want him playing for the cowboys...however I can realize that he is a cowboys for probably another two years so I don't speculate on where or what we can do about it. But Wade has taken him away from what he does best. Now I thought it would be the complete opposite...but every time I see Roy he looks hesitant. Now I just have a feeling he is pressing and trying not to be caught out of position..but you can tell that he isn't just reacting he is thinking. This is a problem for Roy.

DeMarcus Where?

I love ware...because lets face it he is our front 7 playmaker...and we have no one else who makes dynamic plays it seems. Ellis is nice...but he doesn't seem double teams so I'm not going to sing his praises alot. But really I've never seen a more streaky player in my life....he disappears at he worst times...and when we need a play he can't just take over. I mean he makes big plays that change games...but guys like Reggie White and Lawence Taylor could bail there team out of trouble when there team needed it...Ware just can't do this....watch him in the 4th quarter it is painful.
                          Roy looked extremely slow today. He kinda looked fat too IMO.

It's weird, but, teams have run well on us and then just given up on the run all year. I was scared to death of Ryan Grant last week and Kevin Jones tore us to shreds in this game. Tank needs to come on for 3rd and long only from now on.

Today, though, the feud between Kitna and Bradie James really hurt our defense. I think Bradie was out to make plays more than stay in his gaps. I don't know if film backs this up, so it's just my opinion right now.

I think our defense is missing a Polamalu/Bob Sanders type playmaker in the box on run downs and in passing situations. Roy Williams isn't that guy.

I seriously thought that Witten's forward progression was stopped on the fumble, although it kinda reminded me of the Seattle game where he was one yard short before the Romo bobbled snap happened.

Comment

• Surprised to see no mention of his yet.

How about my man Sammy Hurd. Once again....another HUGE catch from him...that out route he ran won us the game.

Comment

• I love me some Sammy Hurd. I love that he and T.O. are so close...Sam wants to be great in this league and T.O. can help him acheive that goal.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                                I love me some Sammy Hurd. I love that he and T.O. are so close...Sam wants to be great in this league and T.O. can help him acheive that goal.
                                Sam looks really lanky...but outside of that I love him....a much better downfield blocker than Crayton...plus he contributes on every special teams unit..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information