Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by thule View Post
    Sam looks really lanky...but outside of that I love him....a much better downfield blocker than Crayton...plus he contributes on every special teams unit..
    His body has changed a lot from last year, though...and if he keeps working out w/ T.O. who knows? Maybe we'll have a mini T.O. on our hands. haha. He was a fantastic find. Like you said, he's a solid contributor on ST, he is improving every week as a receiver, and he just seems like a great guy, that wants to get better and loves to play the game. One of my favorites.

    Thanks BoneKrusher^

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

    Comment


    • I really hope that Crayton is let go...although Crayton is worth a mid of the line contract...I have the feeling he goes for the big dollars this offseason...but this would do a lot for Hurd and Co.

      Comment


      • There's no reason Burnett or Carpenter can't win Ayodele's job next season.

        Comment


        • I get real connected to our players. I figure we could be just as successful, w/ out Crayton and it would obviously help in the development of the younger guys but, like i said...I always get connected. I really would hate to see him go. He's another one of those hidden gems, that we managed to find, and he has really stepped up this year. If i had to make a guess as to where he was playing next season...I'd say Dallas. We may be just as successful w/ out him but, that is not a certainty. JJ seems to want to keep our boys intact for the most part it seems and Crayton is a big reason why we have one such a fantastic offensive unit. Crayton seems like a loyal guy and the boys did give him his shot...I would be surprised to see us get a bit of a discount here.

          Thanks BoneKrusher^

          http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

          Comment


          • Ware had his worst game of the season. He had like one or two pressures but facing the Lions line he should have had at least a sack. But our entire defense played horrible, so let's take it as down game, we have faced better opponent with much better success. As Aikman said during the game, the Lions played very bad after their 10 days rest, so maybe it was the case for the Cowboys too...


            In Bob We Trust

            John Madden's wedding video business

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BX View Post
              There's no reason Burnett or Carpenter can't win Ayodele's job next season.
              I dont think Akin's job is in jeopardy...and depending upon the opponent...Burnett already sees a lot of action. As for Mr. Carpenter, I don't even see how he factors into our plans. It seems as though, the guy needs to do an awful lot of improving still...he has obviously not shown the coaches enough to get some more PT. There is no guarantee that he will even be a Cowboy next year, imo.
              Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 12-10-2007, 01:10 AM.

              Thanks BoneKrusher^

              http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

              Comment


              • Really, everyone is trashing James for a bad performance after a stellar year, calling him just "adeguate" when he has been great for us so far, but no one is even mentioning Ware.
                I love Ware, he's one my favorites, I think he's having a stellar season but he was as bad as James yesteray. He was facing an horrid line (and sometimes an horrid RT in his second career start) and still he wasn't able to put up the pressure he usually does. And he wasn't so effective in the running game too.
                So if James becomes a JAG after just one bad game, why doesn't the same happen to Ware?
                Everyone played bad on our defense, including Newman, Ware and, for the most part, Ellis. These three guys are playing an all-pro season, this year they are the class of their position, and a game doesn't change their status.


                In Bob We Trust

                John Madden's wedding video business

                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Modano View Post
                  What an awful game by our defense... I think we didn't expect them to run at all and they caught us out of balance... But getting only 1 sack was pretty bad.. Their O-Line won the battle, I didn't expect that... We weren't getting pressure and we were pushed around on running plays.. I expected a 7 sacks game out of our defense today but they played a very bad game...

                  By the way, were are the NFC East Champions!
                  We'd better learn to prepare for it, because I'll bet we see very similar game plans for the next few weeks--until we prove we can stop it.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Modano View Post
                    Really, everyone is trashing James for a bad performance after a stellar year, calling him just "adeguate" when he has been great for us so far, but no one is even mentioning Ware.
                    I love Ware, he's one my favorites, I think he's having a stellar season but he was as bad as James yesteray. He was facing an horrid line (and sometimes an horrid RT in his second career start) and still he wasn't able to put up the pressure he usually does. And he wasn't so effective in the running game too.
                    So if James becomes a JAG after just one bad game, why doesn't the same happen to Ware?
                    Everyone played bad on our defense, including Newman, Ware and, for the most part, Ellis. These three guys are playing an all-pro season, this year they are the class of their position, and a game doesn't change their status.
                    Ware didn't get pressure but he made sure tackles and kept contain which is his job if he can't make it to the QB. He still has a ways to go. Merriman has already caught up to him (passed him?) in sacks this year and just 2 weeks ago Ware had a 4.5 sack lead on him. I think part of the problem is that ware tries to take blockers on head up every play. I watch Merriman and he run around guys, cuts under their outside shoulder, and gets to the QB. Ware tries to take LT's on straight up and bullrush them which is basically impossible. He's got the speed, he needs to utilize it.

                    Newman played bad? he gave up 3 or 4 catches underneath but what do you expect. He can't cover someone forever and with no pressure from our line, that is what he was forced to do.

                    James is overrated by cowboy fans. Face it. There are guys who are unappreciated by the media such as Newman, but they get love on these boards from fans of all teams because their skills shine through to true football fans. The reason james doesnt get love from anyone other than cowboy fans is because he doesnt deserve it. His agility sucks, once he gets moving in a certain direction its over. He doesn't know how to put the brakes on and change direction. He constantly overruns plays. He is praised for his lateral movement which I dont really understand. The guy makes most of his tackles head on because that is all he can do. He cant cover a lick. Must I go on?

                    I will come out right now and say that it is clear to me that Kevin Burnett is the best and most complete ILB on this team. Agility, speed, Lateral movement, coverage skills, sure tackling, and QBing the front in the nickel... what more could you ask for in a guy?

                    I agreed with Thule that Burnett was fine in the spot he was in when he was seeing over 50% of the snaps, but if he isnt going to see the field as often he definitely needs to be moved into the base defense.

                    I wish carpenter was good enough to see the field so he could play some nickel and allow Burnett to play more often but whatever, I guess we're stuck with this.

                    We're trying to force guys like Bradie, spears, ayodele and roy to be good when they're not. We need to use the talent we have and stop trying to create talent out of media fav's.

                    Comment


                    • I thought both Ratliff and Tank did well yesterday.

                      ILBs received a failing grade.

                      Miles Austin did his job well, but if he would've juked out Hansen, his performance would've been outstanding.

                      Julius Jones time is up. He continues to get touches, but his performance doesn't supersede that of an average NFL RB.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                        Merriman has already caught up to him (passed him?) in sacks this year and just 2 weeks ago Ware had a 4.5 sack lead on him. I think part of the problem is that ware tries to take blockers on head up every play. I watch Merriman and he run around guys, cuts under their outside shoulder, and gets to the QB. Ware tries to take LT's on straight up and bullrush them which is basically impossible. He's got the speed, he needs to utilize it.
                        Merriman got 5.5 sacks of his total in two games, against Oakland and Kansas City... Ware, except for the game against the Lions, is having costant pressure on the QB registering a sack in almost every game...


                        In Bob We Trust

                        John Madden's wedding video business

                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

                        Comment


                        • I can't believe I'm hearing guys complain about Ware. Unbelievable.

                          Comment


                          • I just really wanted to say DeMarcus Where

                            Because I really didn't notice him once in the lions games.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by thule View Post
                              I just really wanted to say DeMarcus Where

                              Because I really didn't notice him once in the lions games.
                              I noticed him body drive Kitna into the ground for a 15 yard penalty.

                              That was GRRRRRRRRRRREAT!!! :D

                              I love seeing that bad boy in him.
                              Last edited by D-Unit; 12-10-2007, 02:43 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                I noticed him body drive Kitna into the ground for a 15 yard penalty.

                                That was GRRRRRRRRRRREAT!!! :D

                                I love seeing that bad boy in him.
                                ya that was crazy...I couldn't believe ware did that...truly taking out some aggression for what happened last year.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information