• Show
Clear All

• im out dude peace

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
    12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• A day after defeat, Greg Ellis has started crying again. He said he doesn't want to be a backup or situational guy and wont stay here if that is how we intend to use him.

IMO, we should cut him anyway. He is old and slow. He benefited greatly from having Ware play opposite of him. Anthony Spencer is our future. He is more physically gifted and should provide a serious threat opposite of Ware.

After another year of training camp and getting in shape, I believe that Spencer should be ready to take on the starting role. He'll go through some struggles like most do, but I think he can be a real force.

Thoughts on this? I am sure I am in the minority on this one, but I dont want to leave Spencer on the bench for another season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
        A day after defeat, Greg Ellis has started crying again. He said he doesn't want to be a backup or situational guy and wont stay here if that is how we intend to use him.

IMO, we should cut him anyway. He is old and slow. He benefited greatly from having Ware play opposite of him. Anthony Spencer is our future. He is more physically gifted and should provide a serious threat opposite of Ware.

After another year of training camp and getting in shape, I believe that Spencer should be ready to take on the starting role. He'll go through some struggles like most do, but I think he can be a real force.

Thoughts on this? I am sure I am in the minority on this one, but I dont want to leave Spencer on the bench for another season.
        I can't see us letting Ellis go untill he retires, then agian I thought that about Emmitt and Larry Allen too.....

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

• I agree. Don't what Spencer to turn into Carpenter.

I really think we need to adress CB. We NEED, absolutely NEED a good veteran CB, not a rookie. We need to either sign trufant or Samuel if they get free, or trade for D-Hall. If we go into the season with a rookie starting or Henry still starting opposite Newman, we won't win the SB, bottom line. If we have one of the 3 previously stated, I think we should be one of the front runners for it.

Newman wasn't thrown at ONCE yestderday. It just shows Henry shouldn't be anything more than a nickelback now, and that Reeves should be a back-up in the CFL. Until we get a respectable CB opposite Newman, our defense will always be suseptable to the pass, and all of us fans will still cringe when the ball is going deep and Newman is in the flat on the other side of the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by Achilles33 View Post
            I agree. Don't what Spencer to turn into Carpenter.

I really think we need to adress CB. We NEED, absolutely NEED a good veteran CB, not a rookie. We need to either sign trufant or Samuel if they get free, or trade for D-Hall. If we go into the season with a rookie starting or Henry still starting opposite Newman, we won't win the SB, bottom line. If we have one of the 3 previously stated, I think we should be one of the front runners for it.

Newman wasn't thrown at ONCE yestderday. It just shows Henry shouldn't be anything more than a nickelback now, and that Reeves should be a back-up in the CFL. Until we get a respectable CB opposite Newman, our defense will always be suseptable to the pass, and all of us fans will still cringe when the ball is going deep and Newman is in the flat on the other side of the field.
            I disagree with this. Henry is ok for another year or two, his biggest problem is fighting injuries.

I think we should get a CB in the draft because the price tag on a good FA CB is going to be outrageous this year.

Henry really wasn't the problem yesterday, it was Roy Boy and Reeves. I think rookie cb's can be good enough to step in and provide an upgrade to this team.

If we had Revis or Ross playing nickel for us this year, or filling in when others got injured it would have been much better than Reeves. A rookie cb is ok for us. I just think we may need to pick up an average player in FA in case we sustain injuries.

As long as reeves isn't in the plans for next year I would consider us headed in the right direction.

Comment

• I'm still so sick about yesterday loss. It's not only the fact that we lost, it's the way we lost :(

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                I disagree with this. Henry is ok for another year or two, his biggest problem is fighting injuries.

I think we should get a CB in the draft because the price tag on a good FA CB is going to be outrageous this year.

Henry really wasn't the problem yesterday, it was Roy Boy and Reeves. I think rookie cb's can be good enough to step in and provide an upgrade to this team.

If we had Revis or Ross playing nickel for us this year, or filling in when others got injured it would have been much better than Reeves. A rookie cb is ok for us. I just think we may need to pick up an average player in FA in case we sustain injuries.

As long as reeves isn't in the plans for next year I would consider us headed in the right direction.
                Did you watch the whole season? Or did you just watch a few plays?
                Reeves is thrown at all the time because of 2 things, Henry and Newman. Who here would want to throw at them all day? If you look back he does a very nice job in games, he gives up more plays because he is thrown at more often than anyone on the team. So they liklihood of him giving up a 1st down or a TD is more likely than Henry or Newman. Actually at the beginning of the year when Henry and Newman were struggling and we gave Hamlin some help up top.
                As far as Williams. when did he cost us during the game? Most of the passes they had were those same dump downs that Tom Brady had the night earlier? The biggest problem I saw last night in our secondary was the poor tackling by everyone. I don't remember seeing more than a few plays that a receiver or TE was brought down one-on-one with a DB on the first contact. That is a case of not teaching it and reviewing it in practice. (It is taken for grantted by many that they were taught in middle school how to tackle, but the only way to stay good at it is to continue practicing it.) In fact all this negativity at Reeves and he is the only one with a one-on-one tackle in our secondary that I can remember off the top of my head. On Steve Smith

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

• Henry got picked on a ton yesterday. If we have hall, trufant, or samuel and henry is our 3rd CB we will be in great shape for next season.

Comment

• I didnt even feel like posting yesterday...what a waste. To say they were outplayed is insane...they beat themselves and that's that.

Penalties, multiple Crayton drops, Romo not knowing when to throw the ball away, Williams and Reeves pathetic asses...ha, tired O-Line, and even playcalling. Garrett's playcalling has been awful over the last few weeks of the season...now he runs Barber into the ground and inturn ends up tiring out our O-Line. We didnt take chances when we should have...granted the Giants coverage was good but, w/ all those injuries, you have to take more shots. Garrett is a big reason why our offense has sputtered recently...and oh, how freaking obvious is it when Austin comes in. You know we're just running him on a fly...so, the Giants know to blitz the house and they stopped it everytime.

With that being said...I really dont know how far we would have gone...Reeves and Williams ruin anything we have going on the defensive side. Favre probably would have had a field day. I wouldnt say Eli was overly impressive but, he was obviously smart enough to attack those two all day...and that's all you really need to do, to beat this team.

I'm just really disappointed...can't say I'm surprised but, this def. hurts considering we were on the fast track to the super bowl a few weeks ago.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Achilles33 View Post
                      Henry got picked on a ton yesterday. If we have hall, trufant, or samuel and henry is our 3rd CB we will be in great shape for next season.
                      They wont get any of those guys...and a healthy Henry is a fine starter. We just need to select a high quality corner in the draft and ax Reeves.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                        I didnt even feel like posting yesterday...what a waste. To say they were outplayed is insane...they beat themselves and that's that.

Penalties, multiple Crayton drops, Romo not knowing when to throw the ball away, Williams and Reeves pathetic asses...ha, tired O-Line, and even playcalling. Garrett's playcalling has been awful over the last few weeks of the season...now he runs Barber into the ground and inturn ends up tiring out our O-Line. We didnt take chances when we should have...granted the Giants coverage was good but, w/ all those injuries, you have to take more shots. Garrett is a big reason why our offense has sputtered recently...and oh, how freaking obvious is it when Austin comes in. You know we're just running him on a fly...so, the Giants know to blitz the house and they stopped it everytime.
                        This is what I don't get. You guys keep saying the Cowboys beat themselves with all the reasons you listed there. However the Giants didn't commit penalties, didn't drop balls (actually Webster dropped a TD on defense but Cowboys fans just focus on Crayton), Eli didn't make mental mistakes like Romo, our DBs who were on the bench all year played better than Reeves and your "Pro Bowl" safety, our defense was more conditioned than your offense, and our playcalling was better than yours. That sounds like a team that played better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                          This is what I don't get. You guys keep saying the Cowboys beat themselves with all the reasons you listed there. However the Giants didn't commit penalties, didn't drop balls (actually Webster dropped a TD on defense but Cowboys fans just focus on Crayton), Eli didn't make mental mistakes like Romo, our DBs who were on the bench all year played better than Reeves and your "Pro Bowl" safety, our defense was more conditioned than your offense, and our playcalling was better than yours. That sounds like a team that played better.
                          GASP! How could the lowly Giants outplay the 47,365 Pro Bowlers the Cowboys had?

I too think it was the Giants who outplayed the Cowboys, not the Cowboys who beat themselves.

Comment

• Outplayed...

Well, the idea of one team beating themselves versus the other team out playing them is really a case of splitting hairs.

In reality, if you beat yourself then the other team outplayed you by not making mistakes.

Is it better to make great plays sometimes and throw in the occaisional mistake or is it better to never make mistakes but never make the spectacular play either? Depends on the results I suppose.

The bottom line is that the Giants didn't do the things that cause you to lose games. They didn't commit turnovers, they didn't commit penalties and they didn't give up large chunks of yardage. That was a well played game by the Giants.

The Cowboys, conversely, did commit penalties, did commit a turnover (granted it didn't matter as it was 4th down anyway) and did give up big plays.

I do think the Cowboys have more talent and were the healthier team playing at home. There was no reason for them to lose on paper. Alas, you don't play the game on paper. The Giants succeeded in doing what they had to do.

In the immortal words of Bill Parcells, you are what you are. The Giants won.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                            I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• Coaching OL

Does anybody have any info on who would replace the coaches that might leave if both Sparano and Garrett leave?

I was wondering if Hudson Houck would come back since he does have a history with Jones and Phillips in SD.

The season is over.......I am sad, but hey.........we are fans forever.

NFL DRAFT.....

ROUND 1
                              FELIX JONES AND A CB......... WE CAN ALWAYS GET A FA WR NEXT YEAR WHEN GLENN IS GONE AND SOME OTHER PLAYERS COME OFF THE BOOKS

Comment

• Originally posted by Go Cowboys View Post
                                Did you watch the whole season? Or did you just watch a few plays?
                                Reeves is thrown at all the time because of 2 things, Henry and Newman. Who here would want to throw at them all day? If you look back he does a very nice job in games, he gives up more plays because he is thrown at more often than anyone on the team. So they liklihood of him giving up a 1st down or a TD is more likely than Henry or Newman. Actually at the beginning of the year when Henry and Newman were struggling and we gave Hamlin some help up top.
                                As far as Williams. when did he cost us during the game? Most of the passes they had were those same dump downs that Tom Brady had the night earlier? The biggest problem I saw last night in our secondary was the poor tackling by everyone. I don't remember seeing more than a few plays that a receiver or TE was brought down one-on-one with a DB on the first contact. That is a case of not teaching it and reviewing it in practice. (It is taken for grantted by many that they were taught in middle school how to tackle, but the only way to stay good at it is to continue practicing it.) In fact all this negativity at Reeves and he is the only one with a one-on-one tackle in our secondary that I can remember off the top of my head. On Steve Smith
                                I watched every snap of every game and I can tell you the reason reeves gets thrown on is not because of henry and newman.

First off, how many games did Henry and Newman even play with eachother? and how many did both start?

Are you telling me Reeves is so bad that he gets picked on even when our corners are fighting through torn planta fascitis and high ankle sprains?

He gives 8 yard cushions dude. He isn't NFL caliber. and Roy doesn't belong here either. look no further than the end of the first half against the giants. That whole drive was Reeves and Roy getting thrown on even though we had the perfect defense called. That is how pathetic they are. Throw in the facemask to boot, too bad roy didn't horsecollar and get ejected...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information