This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3197523

Looks like Garrett has an offer in Baltimore.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• 2008-009

Unrestricted free agents
      Players can negotiate with any other team without limitation.

50/50 Would be a luxury.....I have mixed feelings...
      LT Flozell Adams How high of a price should the Cowboys pay to keep him?

60/40 Played good, but to much money in the secondary. Not sold yet
      S Ken Hamlin Earned a big-time deal as quarterback of the secondary.

100% Gone BYE Welcome Felix Jones or any other top RB College
      RB Julius Jones Wants to be elsewhere in 2008 and will not be back.

50/50 He deserves to start. I am sure Parcells or Payton take him.. Good Player ever team needs a player like him
      S Keith Davis Would like to be more than just a special teamer.

Replaceable
      CB Nate Jones Would be inexpensive to keep, but upgrades are out there.
      Replaceable
      CB Jacques Reeves Might another team make a bigger offer?

Restricted free agents
      Players can negotiate with another team. Their current team has seven days to match any offer. If the current team refuses to match an offer, draft picks will be given as compensation.

Not going anywhere
      RB Marion Barber If he doesn't sign long-term, Cowboys will match any offer.
      Not going anywhere
      DE Chris Canty Developed into a disruptive player against both the run and the pass.
      Not going anywhere
      Long snapper L.P. Ladouceur His consistency helps Mat McBriar and Nick Folk excel.

Replaceable
      RB Tyson Thompson Lost his kick return role but is likely to get a one-year tender.
      Exclusive rights free agents
      Players must accept what their current club offers or not play in the NFL at all.
      All staying might some might be cut in training camp
      OL Joe Berger Can play guard and center if necessary.

DE Stephen Bowen Has developed into a nice role as a backup.

OL Cory Procter Started two games and can play all three inside positions.
      Cut
      CB Evan Oglesby Waiver pickup from Baltimore had little opportunity.

TE Tony Curtis All three of his catches went for touchdowns.

I think we go RB and CB in Round 1 with a WR in round 2....

Comment

• If Garrett leaves, who do you think is gonna replace him?
        And do you think he's leaving?
        I hope he doesn't. He is in a great situation in Dallas, he's not ready for an HC job yet but if he stays with the team he's gonna get the job in the recent future.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by chrlopez1 View Post
          Unrestricted free agents

TE Tony Curtis All three of his catches went for touchdowns.
          I can't find the source now, but I've red he signed a 1 year deal...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
            If Garrett leaves, who do you think is gonna replace him?
            And do you think he's leaving?
            I hope he doesn't. He is in a great situation in Dallas, he's not ready for an HC job yet but if he stays with the team he's gonna get the job in the recent future.
            Probably Wade's old buddy from SD Cam Cameron. That's my guess.

Comment

• Cam Cameron would be a good addition as OC if Garrett leaves. At least you know he's not going to bolt for another HC job...since he's not going to get an offer.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
              I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• Guys, I have to vent a minute. Two days after the game and I am more mad now than I was after the game. I just wanted to get this off my chest, and then I will leave it alone. I am sure most would like to move on.

I dont think it is fair to blame the defense for losing the game. I think the blame goes strictly on the offense, whether its coaches or players. Here is my logic:

We have a pro bowl wo, rb, qb, te and 60% of the offensive line went. That means 7 of 11 starters on offense went to the pro bowl. And we couldnt score more that 21 points? That is bs. I am sorry some of you want to blame roy williams, or say how Reeves sucked (which I would agree with). But our offense is the one that let us down.

Also, I like having Romo as the qb, and dont want him to go anywhere. However, He had somewhere around a minute and twenty seconds left to go with less than 50 yards to go, and was down only 4 pts. That is the stuff that people remember 15 years from now. He did not get it done, and thats is. As bad as we might want to blame the defense, they left the offense in a position to win the game.

I cant blame Reeves, Roy, Eliis or any of those guys. Include the field position the defense was dealt due to special teams, and I would say they did their job.

If heads roll on offense around here, I wont be mad. I dont want to blow the team up or anything, but hearing the comments of the players and the coaches really irritates me.

Sorry for bringing it up again. I couldnt help it.
                I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• On Garrett leaving:

If I were Jerry Jones, I would just tell him to stay, and in two more seasons you will be the HC of the Dallas Cowboys, wih a fatter contract than any of the teams now would give you. Plus we have a team that canw in tghe SB for the next 5-7 years if we re-sign the players we need to re-sign.

I don't see why he would leave.

Anyway, one more thing about the did the cowboys lose it or the giants win it thing:

The Cowboys had 7 plays that they didn't make which could have won them the game:

1. Crayton not dropping the 3rd down pass.

2. Fasano not dropping the TD pass off his chest.

3. Romo not throwing a duck to T.O. on the corssing route with a walk in to the endzone.

4. Crayton not stopping on the 2nd to last play of the game which would have resulted in a TD.

5. The intentional grounding call.

6. Romo underthrowing T.O. when he got behind the secondary for an easy TD.

7. Reeves facemask which would have got the giants only a FG attempt.

Oh and don't use the Webster dropped INT as a mistake by the giants, because terry glenn actually beat him for a 1st down, and he fell because of his knee, so that is another mistake byt he cowboys. That being said, if the cowboys made any one of those plays, while committing 5 and a half times as many penalties as the giants and losing the field position battle, we would have won. The cowboys are definitly the superior team, they just weren't playing their best ball, and thats the bottom line. We have the 4th youngest team in the NFL, so I think we will be in the SB hunt for atleast another 5 years. It is New England's year anyway, and even if we beat the giants, favre would have ripped reeves and roy apart, and if we somehow beat them again, Brady would have ripped us to shreds.
                  Last edited by Achilles33; 01-15-2008, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
                    Cam Cameron would be a good addition as OC if Garrett leaves. At least you know he's not going to bolt for another HC job...since he's not going to get an offer.
                    I agree. ...and we also know he's not going to abandon the run game like Garrett did every time we were trailing from behind. Garrett played scared. Cameron is not HC material. His offense works. It's high powered and balanced. I like that.

Comment

• D-UNIT-

I want to hear your opinion on post 7282. Then I will drop it.
                      I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• Originally posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
                        D-UNIT-

I want to hear your opinion on post 7282. Then I will drop it.
                        Not sure Tom Brady would've had success behind the play of our offensive line. Romo was running for his life. Giants defensive pressure, their strength all year, completely dominated our overrated OL. Oh... and let's not forget Mr. Crayton who should've not even been in the game. His mind was still on his Honeymoon. Romo threw a perfect pass to him in the endzone that would've been caught if he didn't give up on his route and then try to catch up when he saw the ball coming his way.

Fix the OL, give Romo time to take a nap back there, like Brady does... and you'll get what you want to see.

Comment

• The o-line is fine besides kosier, assuming we re-sign adams. They just weren't conditioned.

And looks like Garrett is leaning towards leaving:

Garrett's plan
                          1:08 PM Tue, Jan 15, 2008 | Permalink
                          Albert Breer E-mail News tips
                          According to ESPN's John Clayton, the plan Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett has presented the Ravens has former Dolphins assistants Cam Cameron and Dom Capers going with him to Baltimore as offensive and defensive coordinators, respectively.

This is a mixed bag for Dallas. On one end, it means that a staff that figures to be tattered when the smoke clears will not be raided too extensively by the new Baltimore regime. But another side to it is that if Garrett does go to Baltimore, and Tony Sparano to Miami, Cameron likely would've been a prime candidate to become OC in Dallas.

Cameron was the Chargers' offensive coordinator, while Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips served as DC in San Diego from 2004-06. Cameron's connection to Garrett is through Norv Turner. Cameron was the Redskins quarterbacks coach from 1994-96 under Turner and, as such, runs a similar offensive system to Garrett.

That would probably leave receivers coach Ray Sherman as the top candidate for the offensive coordinator position. Sherman was the Steelers offensive coordinator in 1998, taking over for Chan Gailey there, and the Vikings OC in 1999, where he took the reins from Brian Billick. Sherman resigned after being replaced by Sherman Lewis in Minnesota, and offered a position as receivers coach, after the '99 season.

Quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson could be another candidate. He brings eight years of experience as a position coach, four in Dallas (2000-02, 2007) and three in Chicago (2004-06.)

And taking cam cameron with him. ****

Comment

• meh who needs Cameron?

Give the job to Ray Sherman. He's a great coach and it would be an easier transition.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              meh who needs Cameron?

Give the job to Ray Sherman. He's a great coach and it would be an easier transition.
                              Cameron would've been great. I don't like his personality, but his schemes are excellent.

Time to go after Norm Chow!!!! Get'r done Jerruh Jones!!!

Comment

• Potentially, a 3rd different offensive coord. in consecutive years for Tony...it will be interesting to see how he performs. I think Sherman would be the most logical considering he's worked under Garrett and would surely use a lot of what we saw this season.

I'm still not completely sold that Garrett is leaving...I'm fine ether way...near the end of the year, I started growing a bit sour of his play-calling.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information