Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still think Vince Hall is a mere perfect fit for WILB in our scheme.

Comment

• The last time our defense was good was when we had a good MLB, which was Ken Norton... wow.

Forget the fact that the best Cowboys LB in recent memory, Dat Nguyen, was the MLB on our defense Parcells' 1st year with the team when it was #1 in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
        The last time our defense was good was when we had a good MLB, which was Ken Norton... wow.

Forget the fact that the best Cowboys LB in recent memory, Dat Nguyen, was the MLB on our defense Parcells' 1st year with the team when it was #1 in the league.
        I agree with you. Dat was a great player, I think he could be amazing in Wade's scheme... Too bad his season ended too early.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          I'm totally on the same wavelength with ya.

Here's my opinion.

DT > DE
          ILB > OLB
          S > CB

We haven't had a really good MLB since Ken Norton Jr. Ironically, that's the last time our D was really good too. Look at Urlacher, Ray Lewis, Teddy Bruschi... heck even Jeremiah Trotter and Zach Thomas were main catalysts for their teams. I haven't been shy about my lack of love for Bradie James despite the guys that love to chew me up everytime he has a good game. ...and Akin.... well, I don't know if he's ever had a fan here since his first season. I admit, I was excited about signing him when we did, but he's disappointed majorly.

Their run stuffing is what makes them ok with keeping, but they are in the same boat as Marcus Spears for me.

Problem is... I don't see a real standout ILB in this draft class. If I could pick one, it's Beau Bell. He's a stud. In later rounds, I like J Leman, Spencer Larsen and Ben Moffitt

Dansby would solve this problem!
          In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            Oh that's even better news!

What made you think I didn't like Asante. That guy is amazing! I've never said anything bad about him.

Heck, I even like Pacman Jones... I'd put up with the drama if he performs on the field and his teammates like him.

You said something about prefering Randall ***, so I thought you wern't a big fan. If we get either Asante or Trufant we will be heading in the right direction.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
              You said something about prefering Randall ***, so I thought you wern't a big fan. If we get either Asante or Trufant we will be heading in the right direction.
              That's a heck of a lot of money invested in the corner position, especially with Newman's contract coming up in a year.

Comment

• I don't think this has been mentioned yet...but Sparano is officially gone:

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/.

Comment

• I'm the only one who thinks people are overblowing the possible losses in the coaches staff?
                  I like Sparano (even if, imo, he isn't that special), but if we lose Bowles, Rodgers and Pasqualoni....who cares?!
                  Our D-Line has been our weak link, so I don't think Rodgers has done that great of a job. Pasqualoni is just another guy. And... Todd Bowles?! When was the last time we had a good secondary?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• im not too worried, either. I think coaching is a little overrated, and as long as there is talent we will be a good team.

Comment

• I agree. Coaching isn't that big of a deal. We are keeping Garrett anyway.

As for ILB, is sucks that we can't do anything because of the money and players we have there, but I a star ILB could put this D over the top, as long as we add a CB.

If you think about it, we are kind of to talented. Carpenter nevers sees the field, once ellis came back spencer didn't see to much action, and burnett sees limited action.
                      Last edited by Achilles33; 01-16-2008, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
                        I'm the only one who thinks people are overblowing the possible losses in the coaches staff?
                        I like Sparano (even if, imo, he isn't that special), but if we lose Bowles, Rodgers and Pasqualoni....who cares?!
                        Our D-Line has been our weak link, so I don't think Rodgers has done that great of a job. Pasqualoni is just another guy. And... Todd Bowles?! When was the last time we had a good secondary?
                        I think you're right about the talent level of all the coaches potentially leaving (with the exception of Sparano, who I think is quite good). What I'm worried about is the continuity of our coaching staff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
                          The last time our defense was good was when we had a good MLB, which was Ken Norton... wow.

Dat fought valiantly... and I admire his heart and hustle... but let's not kid ourselves. We weren't as good as that ranking indicated. It was simply based off yards allowed. According to the Aikman rankings which were/are a more realistic measure, we weren't #1.

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                            Oh I remember that conversation. It was based off the fact that RandallGay was a name in FA and I didn't think Asante would hit FA (not knowing that it was in his contract that NE couldn't tag him again).

Out of the CB names in FA, I do think he is a mildly attractive target.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJJ888 View Post
                              That's a heck of a lot of money invested in the corner position, especially with Newman's contract coming up in a year.
                              Good point. I can see that being a stickling point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
                                I'm the only one who thinks people are overblowing the possible losses in the coaches staff?
                                I'm ok with them leaving. I just want them properly replaced.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information