Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyway, I was looking over at BTB and a bunch of the guys there are looking at Asomugha from Oakland as a guy to pursue. What do you think? Personally, I'm looking at a guy in the draft, but Henry's reliability is a big question as it is... And if he's available, then a shutdown corner is hard to pass up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gribble View Post
      Anyway, I was looking over at BTB and a bunch of the guys there are looking at Asomugha from Oakland as a guy to pursue. What do you think? Personally, I'm looking at a guy in the draft, but Henry's reliability is a big question as it is... And if he's available, then a shutdown corner is hard to pass up.
      Sorry guys but he wont be available. One of the Raiders main priorities this offseason is to either get him locked up long-term with the fall back option being to give him the franchise tag.

Comment

• Originally posted by 619 View Post
        Sorry guys but he wont be available. One of the Raiders main priorities this offseason is to either get him locked up long-term with the fall back option being to give him the franchise tag.
        Oh well. (10 char)

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          I'm ok with them leaving. I just want them properly replaced.
          I think Dat is gonna replace Pasqualoni. And I think the new DB coach will be Stewart's choiche. He has been a DB coach so I trust him in finding someone who can do a good job.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Its funny to listen to Ellis complaining again, so soon after the season finished...he was mad when we drafted Spencer at his position, as if he was 24 years old and not coming off an injury, and now he's talking about having a fresh and new start somewhere else, this was just really funny out of his comments

"You'd have to be dumb and blind or crazy not to realize you can't draft first-rounders and leave them on the bench," Ellis said. "I'm not na´ve to that. If you know anything about the NFL you can't draft first-rounders and leave them on the bench for two or three years."

Sooo im guessing he never heard of Bobby Carpenter? If he wants to stay he would probably start, and Spencers playing time would just increase over this past year...But I dont get why he's always acting as if he is the Cowboys franchise player and we dont need to go out and get anyone to play behind him because we should just trust him to play 16 games a year for the next 5 years

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Well Ed Werder just reported that Jason Garrett is staying.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3200822

Comment

• Originally posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
                im not too worried, either. I think coaching is a little overrated, and as long as there is talent we will be a good team.
                Coaching is very important on all teams. And correct me if I am wrong, but plenty of Cowboy folks where killing BP over how the XOXO of the Offense and Defense were before he left.

How is it possible to kill Parcells on XOXO and blame him for the collapse then say Coaching is over-rated??? How do you explain the Pats? Other than Brady (important but not everything) -- that was by design.

Past is past, so really it is about attracting and retaining quality staff to keep the ship going in the right direction. This is what JJ and WP need to do. Players row the boat, coaches guide it. No matter how good each one can row -- you need the coach.

(Good board, lots of stuff going on here for a junkie)

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                  Well Ed Werder just reported that Jason Garrett is staying.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3200822
                  Well, good for him and C'Boys. Looks like JJ gets to remake the organization with Garrett and without the BP guys. Aikman and Sanders will love it.

Comment

• Although Garrett's playcalling in the latter part of the season and against the giants pissed me off, I am glad he is staying. I think he will be a great head coach for us in the next year or two (depending on if wade wins us the SB next season). I also want a HC to be with this organzization for the long haul, like bill cowher was with the steelers, A nice, young, genius coach like Garrett to coach us for 10-15 years. I want stability at the HCing position. Also, he has a great bond with Romo, and I didn't want that to go to waste. Thank god it isn't.

Comment

• I think Witten said it best....

His knowledge and just his charisma and his attitude, he's a great listener, a great communicator. ...

I've always admired that from afar... seeing Garrett's relationship on the field with the players... It's refreshing.

Comment

• I think Garrett staying saved next years season.

We were 13-3 because of our offense, not our defense (Wade and Stewart)

Sure, Barber could of used more touches, but he is a first year OC and went through the first 3 quarters of the season PASSING all over people.... and if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

With the confidence he has in Romo and the playmakers on the team, I can see how he would fall in love with the passing game. Next year he'll only be better.

Comment

• Coaching Changes

I think it is important to keep coaches, but every team hires and fires asst. coaches every year. It sucks that B.P took our coaches, but what did we expect. It was like when Norv and Dave left slowly they took our asst and make them in coordinators. I do think we will be ok....we are the cowboys and as much as people don't like the boys....coaches would jump at the chance to be a coach with the cowboys. We have Wade and we have Brian Stewart as our D-Cord. I think this will make our D...even better next year ast they give imput as to what the defense needs. We lost our Ol coach..but come on he deserves the chance. Hudson Houck..might replace him...and he is a good one. Our DL and Secondary coach....I am sure we can get somebody.......coaches are a fraternity and they all like working with people they know...just like every other job.

Coaches don't stay with a team just because they geet a superbowl ring...they also want to advance and moving from one team to another is part of the game.

I am sure we will see in the next few days...who is gone and who comes on board.

I remember so many years ago when Norv and Dave left and Jimmy Johnson left..........Everybody was saying how many superbowls they were going to win...well they have won 0.

BP...a good coach....but think about it....it just wanted to be a GM and now he is...let see what happens in a few years...Miami is at least 3-4 years away from making the playoffs.......they need a QB and eventually they will need a stud defensive player.

What do we need.........just a little tweaking here and there.

Comment

• How long is Garrett's contract for?

Comment

• Contract

No infor on that yet that I can find. Let's all agree that no playoffs next year...Wade is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrlopez1 View Post
                                No infor on that yet that I can find. Let's all agree that no playoffs next year...Wade is gone.
                                Wait. I like Wade. I like his Defense. Are you trying to say we need a reason to push him out to let Garrett in? No, no, no, no, no.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information