This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    Wait. I like Wade. I like his Defense. Are you trying to say we need a reason to push him out to let Garrett in? No, no, no, no, no.

I'm kinda in the same boat. I'm really interested in this offseason because Wade now has a full year to see this defense and now give feedback to JJ on what he needs this offseason to make even bigger strides. We've got the resources to go and get a couple of players. If we made a couple of upgrades, this defense could be really really good next year.
    In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Wade

Not a reason, but if we don't get to the conference finals next year or at least the superbowl...i think Jerry will let him go in favor of Garrett. Stewart would stay and we would only be losing Phillips. That all i am saying. I like Phillips............good coach has our team playing good, but JJ wants results and a loss in the first round again would not be accepted. I am not saying we have to go 13-3 or better, but we have to make it to the conference final at least.........................

Comment

• Miami Cowboys

Watch next year...

I predict around 2-4 maybe 5 cowboys who were on the roster this year will be in Miami. 1-2 OT if we cut them or they are FA....Keith Adams...maybe,
        Miles Austin next year when we cut him......becasue if we draft a WR..we will have to many..

I like Sam Hurd myself..................

You heard it here first...............

Comment

• I really cant see us bringing in another receiver...I mean, Hurd and Austin have greatly imrpoved since they first arrived and our coaches now have 2 years invested in their development. W/ Terry we have 6 WR's, I would be shocked if we drafted/signed another. I just dont see it happening at all.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
            I really cant see us bringing in another receiver...I mean, Hurd and Austin have greatly imrpoved since they first arrived and our coaches now have 2 years invested in their development. W/ Terry we have 6 WR's, I would be shocked if we drafted/signed another. I just dont see it happening at all.
            Hurd showed me alot of improvement all year, but Austin hasnt really impressed me outside of the fact of being fast and a solid KR...he had plenty chances vs Washington in week 17 and he dropped a few passes that could of been tds, and I was really looking for his chance to seperate himself from the pack and he didnt...

I dont see whats worth keeping with him, he hasnt shown me he has the ability to be a productive starter if given the chance, Sammy Hurd has

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
              I really cant see us bringing in another receiver...I mean, Hurd and Austin have greatly imrpoved since they first arrived and our coaches now have 2 years invested in their development. W/ Terry we have 6 WR's, I would be shocked if we drafted/signed another. I just dont see it happening at all.
              I don't see it as a major need right now, but if the right guy comes along and some others are off the board, I can see us taking a guy like Desean or Devin Thomas.

Glenn is pretty much done, barring nothing short of a miracle. Crayton, Hurd and Austin are not #1 WRs.

Comment

• does anyone know anything about this guy, or why we signed him so quickly

Cowboys signed DB Justin Phinisee to a reserve/future contract.

The versatile Phinisee can return kicks, play safety, and line up at corner, but does none of the above particularly well. He'll push for a spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                  does anyone know anything about this guy, or why we signed him so quickly
                  Well I know he was a solid corner for us at Oregon, but haven't really followed him since he left.

There's a bit of info in his Ducks profile. He's a pretty versatile player. Hopefully he earns a spot with us. Not sure I'll be able to dig up any footage of him though.

Comment

• See, I dont believe Glenn is done. The week leading up to the playoff game he was noted as looking like the player of old. Of course, in the game he struggled coming out of his breaks but, that is to be expected, early on. I've said it before, people thought Galloway was done, look at him now. Terry has already said he'll be back in 08...there could be some unforeseen set backs but, I def. believe we'll see him back.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

does anyone know anything about this guy, or why we signed him so quickly
                      Wow it looks like he's been bounced around to several teams since he was drafted in the '06 7th by Tampa Bay. Kansas City, New England and St Louis have all had their hands on him at one point or another. Looks like we're his 5th team in less than two years. Appears as though he's yet to make an active roster though.

Comment

• Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                        Wow it looks like he's been bounced around to several teams since he was drafted in the '06 7th by Tampa Bay. Kansas City, New England and St Louis have all had their hands on him at one point or another. Looks like we're his 5th team in less than two years. Appears as though he's yet to make an active roster though.
                        thanks for that, good info in his profile as well...sounds like a big physical guy who is pretty athletic as well...obviously we see db is an area of concern being how quickly we signed him...

id have to see some film of him or preseason action to get a feel for if he will be used more then a ST guys, but there must of been something about him the coaches saw that they felt he could be of use

Comment

thanks for that, good info in his profile as well...sounds like a big physical guy who is pretty athletic as well...obviously we see db is an area of concern being how quickly we signed him...

id have to see some film of him or preseason action to get a feel for if he will be used more then a ST guys, but there must of been something about him the coaches saw that they felt he could be of use
                          I wonder if the whole Ireland to Miami thing has anything to do with it. Maybe Tom Ciskowski was high on Phinisee in '06, but was overruled by Ireland and Parcells. Pure speculation, but the timing makes sense.

Comment

• Our offense gets a lot worse without TO. I don't think we have a guy at roster who can replace TO (considering he's 33). I think we miss a future #1 receiver, and we should draft one if we have the chance, like the Colts did with Gonzalez to replace Harrison in the future.
                            Last edited by Modano; 01-18-2008, 02:52 AM.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Hudson Houck comes back to Dallas to replace Sparano

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives...k_returns.html

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
                                Our offense gets a lot worse without TO. I don't think we have a guy at roster who can replace TO (considering he's 33). I think we miss a future #1 receiver, and we should draft one if we have the chance, like the Colts did with Gonzalez to replace Harrison in the future.
                                I really dont think there is any room and no rush really. I mean this past year was only Crayton's first as a starter...he is still growing as a player. T.O. may be 33 but, he is coming off arguablly his best season and will surely be signing an extension. The guy plays like he's in his 20's still and w/ his conditioning it'll be a while before we see a big drop off in play. Then you have the young guys...Hurd, Austin, and Stanbeck...there is a lot of potential in there. Hurd has taken a huge leap forward and imo will def. develop into a fine starter in this league. I am def. in the minority but, Hurd has some big potential...T.O.'s protege can become a big time player in this league. As for Miles, still very, very raw but, no one can deny his abilities. By the end of the year we were trying to get him the ball on many deep routes, he can stretch the field...he burns everyone that opposes him, he needs some refining but, he is another player with fantastic potential. Then finally, we have Stanbeck who the coaches and JJ seem to rave about whenever mentioning him. None of us really no what we have in him but, the coaches seem to love the guy. I really cant see us bringing in another receiver because, that all but, means one of these guys is gone...and there is just no reason to let one get away. We have 6 WR's and on any given Sunday, only 5 will be active...even if say, Glenn is cut or cant return...someone would still have to be inactive if we bring in another guy. I really do not see the point in it...T.O. and Crayton can be our starters for another 3+ years, there is no rush. We should just stand packed and see what we have in our younger guys.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information