This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I couldn't disagree more.

I think the fact that when TO was out the offense was anemic shows just how little talent we really have at WR.

I think Austin's hands are terrible. I am very low on him. I wouldn't mind replacing him entirely on the roster.

Hurd is a decent #3 WR but won't be anything more than a #2 in this league at best.

Crayton is a good #3 but not a good #2, just an average #2 and would be a terrible #1.

Terry Glenn is just about done and I think the odds of him on the team in 2008 are 25-30% currently.

Stanback will be a project next year and won't catch more than 30 passes all season, year 3 is the year he may get significant action (if at all).

I feel that a good WR is probably our most important off season need next to CB.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
    I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
      I couldn't disagree more.

I think the fact that when TO was out the offense was anemic shows just how little talent we really have at WR.

I think Austin's hands are terrible. I am very low on him. I wouldn't mind replacing him entirely on the roster.

Hurd is a decent #3 WR but won't be anything more than a #2 in this league at best.

Crayton is a good #3 but not a good #2, just an average #2 and would be a terrible #1.

Terry Glenn is just about done and I think the odds of him on the team in 2008 are 25-30% currently.

Stanback will be a project next year and won't catch more than 30 passes all season, year 3 is the year he may get significant action (if at all).

I feel that a good WR is probably our most important off season need next to CB.
      I'm with you, LSU.

I think everyone is being a bit too optimistic on our young WR's. Crayton is a good #3, but a very mediocre #2. Austin has some chances to make plays this year and didn't. Hurd appears to be a "nice" WR, but not a game breaker. I think we reup TO also, but we must get some insurance due to his age. Stainback is an interesting prospect, but are you willing to roll the dice on that? We are in dire need of a TG type to stretch the field with his speed & quickness....D. Jackson comes to mind.
      In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
        I couldn't disagree more.

I agree with you. But I think that our biggest need other than CB is RB. That's why I hope we'll draft Jamaal Charles in the second. I just see him as a perfect fit.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• I don't know if anyone posted it but Pacman wants to be a Cowboy:

Pacman wants to be a Cowboy
          1:36 PM Fri, Jan 18, 2008 | Permalink
          Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips
          The Cowboys could use a shutdown cornerback and big-play return man, right? Well, Pacman Jones fits the description.

Great news: Pacman wants to play for the Cowboys!! He says so on this video that ProFootballTalk.com found.

“Hopefully I can get out of Tennessee. I want to go up to Dallas,’’ Jones says. “So we’ll see how it goes and I am just going to keep my head up.”
          There is the minor issue of Pacman being suspended, but that didn't stop Jerry from signing Tank Johnson, who created a bunch of buzz but didn't make much impact this season. Of course, Pacman makes Tank look like an Eagle Scout.

There are no signs from Valley Ranch that rain is in the forecast, but that shouldn't stop us from debating whether Pacman would be a good fit for the Cowboys. What do you folks think?
          I don't know...

Comment

• I'll pass on Pac-Man. Alot more headaches then I would like.

Comment

• I don't know. Think about it. If he kept his head on straight, this team could go over the top.

Comment

• Originally posted by Achilles33 View Post
                If he kept his head on straight
                Haha funny. NEVER gonna happen.

If Goodell is smart, he'll never let him back in the league,

Comment

I don't know. Think about it. If he kept his head on straight, this team could go over the top.
                  He speaks the truth. So in order for the cowboys not to go over the top please ignore him

Comment

I don't know if anyone posted it but Pacman wants to be a Cowboy:

Pacman wants to be a Cowboy

I don't know...
                    Good. I've been thinking about the possibilities of him being a Cowboy recently. This is positive news to me to hear that he wants to join the team.

Why? We need that guy who can cover opposing slot receivers. I said that before and I still believe it. Pac Man is a talent player no doubt. He's got that quick twitch / fast recovery stuff I'm going goo-goo ga-ga over. ...ala Asante Samuel.

We can do without him, but having him is not a problem in my opinion. His teammates always spoke highly of him. He may be a distraction off the field, but Goddell will suspend him anyways, so no harm. I say grab him cheap. BUT, still address CB in the draft as you would without him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                      I'm with you, LSU.

I think everyone is being a bit too optimistic on our young WR's. Crayton is a good #3, but a very mediocre #2. Austin has some chances to make plays this year and didn't. Hurd appears to be a "nice" WR, but not a game breaker. I think we reup TO also, but we must get some insurance due to his age. Stainback is an interesting prospect, but are you willing to roll the dice on that? We are in dire need of a TG type to stretch the field with his speed & quickness....D. Jackson comes to mind.
                      ...and I'm with you guys as well. However, I think the best way to address WR need is either through FA or trade. I very much dislike having to address it in the draft unless it's a really great player, which means it would cost a first rounder. Which I don't prefer to do if avoidable. This year there are some WRs with good potential even in Round 2, so if one is available there, I'd be for that.

Long term, we will need to find a true #1 receiver. Long term doesn't necessarily mean we need to address that now. We could and put him on the 3 year progression plan. Or we could address it when the problem is bigger in FA or trade down the line. Or we could do that now and trade for a guy like Detroit's Roy Williams or Denver's Javon Walker.

Short term, we need a deep threat guy who can stretch the field vertically and actually catch the ball. Austin can run deep, but we've never seen him catch anything.

Comment

• And...I'll stick w/ what I said...I dont see it as a need at all. We'll see but, like i said, i would be very surprised if we take one.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                          And...I'll stick w/ what I said...I dont see it as a need at all. We'll see but, like i said, i would be very surprised if we take one.
                          ...and like I said.. I won't be surprised either way. FA and Trade are preferable options... but it is a position we'll have to address.

If TO is gone or misses any games for a significant amount of time, I don't like our chances for the playoffs as much.
                          Last edited by D-Unit; 01-18-2008, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            ...and like I said.. I won't be surprised either way. FA and Trade are preferable options... but it is a position we'll have to address.

If TO is gone or misses any games for a significant amount of time, I don't like our chances for the playoffs as much.

You're dead on. With our cap space and number of high picks, we should not be in a position next year that an injury totally derails our season (other than QB). At this point, WR is that position. If TO goes down, our playmaking ability at WR goes way way down.
                            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Pacman want's to come to Dallas.

Per. PFT

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                                Pacman want's to come to Dallas.

Per. PFT
                                Yup, it was posted in the draft thread earlier I believe. Still, don't like him, don't want him. The kid just doesn't learn.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information