Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My bad, I didn't check there. I would love to bring him in with some crap contract that could be cut easily. As long as we're not relying on him.

Comment

• With a contract like we gave Tank, I might, and that's big might, come around to the idea. If anything with him and Tank, we could become the NFL's version of a halfway house.

Comment

• Pacman will probably be lucky to get reinstated...w/ these recent allegations and how he reacted at the past meetings w/ Goodell. Guy is a punk...Tank is one thing, Pacman is a whole different kind of animal. I'll pass.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          ...and I'm with you guys as well. However, I think the best way to address WR need is either through FA or trade. I very much dislike having to address it in the draft unless it's a really great player, which means it would cost a first rounder. Which I don't prefer to do if avoidable. This year there are some WRs with good potential even in Round 2, so if one is available there, I'd be for that.

Long term, we will need to find a true #1 receiver. Long term doesn't necessarily mean we need to address that now. We could and put him on the 3 year progression plan. Or we could address it when the problem is bigger in FA or trade down the line. Or we could do that now and trade for a guy like Detroit's Roy Williams or Denver's Javon Walker.

Short term, we need a deep threat guy who can stretch the field vertically and actually catch the ball. Austin can run deep, but we've never seen him catch anything.
          What would we be willing to give up for Roy Williams?
          I think we could get Walker for a 3rd round pick.

If we don't go for one of those guys, I'd love to see us go after Berrian.

Comment

• We dont need to draft another wr unless someone like Malcolm Kelly slips to #22, it be pointless to draft a guy who looks like he will be another #2 guy, for instance as much as I like Desean Jackson, we have other needs and he doesnt strike me as someone who could be a #1 wr...

I also like Adarius Bowman, alot, and wouldnt be against looking at him late in the 1st, or if we got Miami's 2nd rd pick like D said because he seems like a guy who could learn from TO and take over right away in that #1 dominant wr role...but seeing how we need a db badly, and a rb more so then a wr, hard to see where we have a chance, if we wait past rd 1 to go wr then we need to just sign somebody, if its a rd 1 wr he better be somebody we thought we had no chance to get in the first place...

I dont know why everyone is so excited with Austin on the team, where does he have a place? He is just fast, thats it...Crayton is a slot guy, Hurd is probably the same, at both they are decent #2 options, Stanback needs a chance but like someone said it probably wont be until his 3rd year that he is looked at to make much of a difference, and being that he's already our project guy we are waiting on, so where does that leave Austin? He's clearly not a #1, and thats what we will need when TO is gone, and when Glenn leaves its not as if Austin is going to step into the role, he's probably the odd man out, he had his shot this year and didnt make anything of it and when you are buried on the bench you might only get one chance to make something happen...Hurd showed me flashes when he was in games this year, I didnt see anything from Austin except a big fast guy that can run past safeties and open up things underneath, thats not hard to find

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Trying to get Roy Williams or Fitzgerald wuld make perfect sense. I think we can grab them with one of our first round pick. Considering they're both young (IIRC, Fitzgerald is 24) and they're better than anyone we can pick with our first pick I think we should pull the trigger.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Also, just heard that Sparano was quoted back in mini camp as saying that he felt Doug Free was a primiere LT and was the future at that position...thats saying something coming from him, and obviously he speaks high of him, so does that mean we dont need to address the Lt position anymore? Either resign Flozell or let Free take over, I mean I guess its no point in taking another guy if Free really has never been given a shot to get out there yet

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                  Also, just heard that Sparano was quoted back in mini camp as saying that he felt Doug Free was a primiere LT and was the future at that position...thats saying something coming from him, and obviously he speaks high of him, so does that mean we dont need to address the Lt position anymore? Either resign Flozell or let Free take over, I mean I guess its no point in taking another guy if Free really has never been given a shot to get out there yet
                  Was this before or after his preseason injury. Pre-injury he was playing fairly well against NFL backups and getting reviews as such.

What would Sparano be willing to give up for Free? That's the real question.

Coach talk aside... I hope Free ends up being a great player... I just don't believe it full heartedly.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    Was this before or after his preseason injury. Pre-injury he was playing fairly well against NFL backups and getting reviews as such.

What would Sparano be willing to give up for Free? That's the real question.

Coach talk aside... I hope Free ends up being a great player... I just don't believe it full heartedly.
                    it was before, so that may change some things...how serious was the injury?

But he's an interesting trade piece none the less, especially if he still feels the same way about him...There are alot of guys we dont use, that have a place in Miami, hopefully something gets worked out...

Comment

• D-Unit, what is with you and Free's injury? It was a sprained MCL suffered in training camp. He has been 100% since like week 2 of the regular season. Jeez.

Comment

• http://youtube.com/watch?v=a1twt01EoDE

What happened??? :(

Comment

• Originally posted by Achilles33 View Post
                          Signed a big contract and got fat and satisfied it seems.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by Achilles33 View Post
                            D-Unit, what is with you and Free's injury? It was a sprained MCL suffered in training camp. He has been 100% since like week 2 of the regular season. Jeez.
                            I'm seeing a trend of injuries here and I don't trust him.

But the bottom line is I don't know if he can hack it. Unless he proves otherwise, I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt. If he's in the game, I'll cheer for him no doubt. I don't want him to fail.
                            Last edited by D-Unit; 01-19-2008, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• Oh, ok. I thought that you thought his career was in jeopardy or something, my bad.

Comment

• So who do I talk to about getting a good Cowboys sig? Modano?

I want something with a classic Cowboy in it...
                                Last edited by BX; 01-19-2008, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information