X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB

D-Unit

Do you think we take CB with first pick? What are the pros and cons or differences between Aquib and Leodis?

Comment

• The first pick better be CB, we should get our highest rated DB at that point

Our 2nd 1st rd pick is kind of a free pick, we got it from Cleveland while we still got the guy we would of taken in our original spot, so I wouldnt mind if we took bpa no matter what there...Felix Jones, a wr if we like one, D lineman, its pretty much a free pick so I wont be as upset with who we take, just hope the pick is on a guy who pans out

Only reason I dont wanna take Jones so much in the 1st is because somewhere will be there in the 2nd and even the 3rd, guys who can step in as the speed back, with that earlier pick we could go with a lineman, somebody who could make an immediate impact

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrlopez1 View Post
        D-Unit

Do you think we take CB with first pick? What are the pros and cons or differences between Aquib and Leodis?
        I think it's a possibility, but we have no idea how things will pan out leading up to the draft nor how the draft will unfold.

I would like to use a first round pick on CB if things are the same as they are now. I don't think we should feel forced to take a CB with the first pick. Not at all. I like Leodis, but can only go off reports I read on him. I've seen Talib and he's got a lot of fans, but I am not one of them. I think he'll be fine in the NFL, but I don't think he's worth a first rounder. If he's there in the 3rd round, I think that's fair value for him.

I love what I'm hearing of McKelvin. Quick twitch, pure cover corner... that's what I'm talkin' about.

Comment

• I agree with D-Unit. I love Mckelvin, and no thanks on Talib, or even Cason. We need a quick twitch player, not a another anthony henry. Cason and Talib both remind me of henry, maybe even slower. I want speed on this defense. As scott says in his scouting report on Mckelvin "excellent speed and quickness, and also a dynamic rerurn man". Thats what I want. For our needs, I like Mckelvin the best in this draft, over Jenkins.

As for RB, I would much rather have Chris Johnson than Felix Jones. I am in love with chris johnson. He will turn into what reggie bush was supposed to be. Mark it down.

Comment

• I was just looking at the DMN blog and came across some interesting things:

I'm referring to the Roy Williams who plays receiver in Detroit. As noted by some of you folks in the comments, word out of Motown is that the Texas-ex might be on the trading block.

I believe Williams is going to be used as trade bait leading up to the draft because he'll likely bolt when he becomes a free agent in 2009.
            Williams sure would be a great fit at Valley Ranch, considering the Cowboys are in the market for a big-play receiver to complement (and eventually replace) T.O. In fact, odds are the Cowboys will try to find one in the first round.

I'd have no problem with the Cowboys shipping one of their first-round picks to Detroit for Williams. Of course, since Matt Millen is running the show up there, I'd advise Jerry to start with a ridiculous low-ball offer and work his way up only if necessary.
            The Cowboys are all here at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Alabama.
            Jerry Jones is expected to watch the two practices today between the North and the South.

Dallas will lose three coaches, we believe in Kacy Rodgers, Todd Bowles and Paul Pasqualoni. Wade Phillips said Monday night he will conduct some interviews here in Mobile if he loses all three coaches.

Some other notes:
            The Cowboys held some personnel meetings on Monday night. There are some hard decisions that need to be made such as Terrell Owens' contract. Does he get an extension or not? My guess is that he will. Does the team cut Terry Glenn? Probably. What about Bobby Carpenter? Do you put him on the market?
            http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/

So Roy Williams isn't only a dream.....:)

Comment

• Terry Glenn

I think if we can get Roy Williams for a 2nd you do it.
              CB and RB and Roy Williams the Wr........

That is a A on Draft Day.................

than we go DL LB or OL..........after that

98 days to go.......

Comment

• Am I crazy for thinking we need OL above DB's ? I understand a need for depth at the secondary but I feel like our defense actually did fairly well with what many people viewed as sub par replacements. There's a lot of o-line prospects at the top end of the draft and I personally think we could get some good value from those guys. I wouldn't be mad if we did draft a DB with one our 2 first rounders though.
                Originally posted by Patriots-Lions
                Dave is right
                Originally posted by duckseason
                Brady is 'just' the Queen on Belichick's chess board.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave View Post
                  Am I crazy for thinking we need OL above DB's ? I understand a need for depth at the secondary but I feel like our defense actually did fairly well with what many people viewed as sub par replacements. There's a lot of o-line prospects at the top end of the draft and I personally think we could get some good value from those guys. I wouldn't be mad if we did draft a DB with one our 2 first rounders though.
                  No, you aren't crazy... I'm all for picking up an OT and OG in this draft.

Keep an eye out for OG Donald Thomas.

Comment

• More inriguing things from DMN:

Getcha popcorn ready for 2008
                    12:12 PM Tue, Jan 22, 2008 | Permalink
                    Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips
                    Jerry Jones said he will definitely pay T.O.'s $3 million roster bonus due in March, Calvin "Lucky" Watkins reports from the Senior Bowl.

It was certainly expected that T.O. would be back next season, considering that he was a model teammate and All-Pro in 2007. Now there's no doubt he'll be here for the last year of his contract.

Now the question becomes: Will the Cowboys work out an extension with T.O.? Jerry said he is open to getting that done.

Terry Glenn's future with the Cowboys is in doubt, however. Jerry said Glenn will need microfracture surgery on his knee, which could signal the end of the veteran receiver's career. Jerry said he will discuss Glenn's future with him soon and left it at that.
                    Trade rumors swirling about Carpenter, Spears
                    12:59 PM Tue, Jan 22, 2008 | Permalink
                    Rumor has it that the Cowboys are shopping former first-round picks DE Marcus Spears and LB Bobby Carpenter at the Senior Bowl.

Carpenter simply isn't a fit in a 3-4 defense, which makes Bill Parcells' decision to pick him pretty puzzling. Carpenter couldn't get on the field in any of the Cowboys' defensive packages this season but was a solid special teams player. He wasn't considered a reach when the Cowboys drafted him 19th overall two years ago, so some 4-3 teams might be interested.

Spears isn't a bad player, but he hasn't lived up to his first-round billing. To use a Tuna term, he's J.A.G. If the Cowboys get rid of Spears, Jay Ratliff could take his job, with Jason Ferguson and Tank Johnson forming a good NT tandem.

Time to give Jerry some advice: What would you want for Spears or Carpenter? I'm not sure the return for either would be more than a second-day pick, so try to be realistic.
                    Bye-bye, Bowles
                    1:24 PM Tue, Jan 22, 2008 | Permalink
                    Calvin Watkins reports that, according to a source, secondary coach Todd Bowles has accepted a job with the Dolphins. He is expected to be named Miami's defensive coordinator.
                    Cowboys preparing for assistants to leave
                    12:39 PM Tue, Jan 22, 2008 | Permalink
                    Jerry confirmed that the Cowboys are preparing as if the three assistant coaches whose contracts expired won't be back.

At this point, it'd be surprising if Todd Bowles (secondary), Paul Pasqualoni (linebackers) and Kacy Rodgers (defensive line) don't join Tony Sparano and Bill Parcells in Miami. The Cowboys are interviewing candidates to replace those assistants at the Senior Bowl this week.

We'll get you names of candidates as soon as possible. Ex-Cowboy LB Dat Nguyen, the Cowboys' defensive quality control assistant/assistant LB coach, could replace Pasqualoni.
                    Thoughts?

Comment

• I bet we could get decent value for Carpenter if we traded him but I also think he would do just fine if we actually played him. If we put him on the field he will find a way to produce in my opinion.

Spears has little to no value, just find a replacement and let that fool go. He's not cut out for the 3-4

As far as the coaching stuff goes, Jerry wouldn't let all three of them go. I would expect Jerry to keep Pasqualoni at least out of the three.
                      Dave is right

Comment

• Great news! Thanks for posting it.

It's all basically in line with what I've been thinking and hoping would happen (Carp/Spears). Except for the bringing back of Ferguson. I still think he'll get cut. Been saying Glenn's career is over barring a miracle. MOTH thinks Glenn will return though and has been arguing the point that we don't need a WR. So I wonder if he changes his mind now.

Comment

• I dont think we need a WR, our younger receivers are not too shabby, they just need some more playing experience and they'll be decent enough. I wouldn't be mad if we drafted or picked up a WR though.
                          Dave is right

Comment

• No Dave, I think Wade and Jerry want the staff to leave, as wierd as it sounds. Jerry said on his radio show last week that for Wade to make the defense the way he wants it, he needs people who believe and coach in his philosiphy, not Bill's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave View Post
                              I dont think we need a WR, our younger receivers are not too shabby, they just need some more playing experience and they'll be decent enough. I wouldn't be mad if we drafted or picked up a WR though.
                              We need Roy Williams. That's who we need.

Comment

• The Dallas Morning News relays a rumor that the Cowboys are shopping DE Marcus Spears and LB Bobby Carpenter in trade talks.

Spears is a solid defensive end, but has never lived up to his first-round draft position. The Cowboys could move Jay Ratliff outside to take his job, with Jason Ferguson and Tank Johnson rotating inside. Carpenter, another first-round pick, just isn't a good fit in a 3-4 defense. He'd be a nice addition for 4-3 team looking to add depth at OLB.

thank god!!! if we can come away with Miami's 2nd rd pick, or some players from detroit im all for it, that miami pick is basically a late 1st, and maybe we could get rogers and roy in some type of a package...

good thing is we are trying to trade them, that just made my day

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information