• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit
    Originally posted by Poet3334
    Originally posted by D-Unit
    Originally posted by dpl85
    What do yall think of the Levi Brown pick in the new mock? I don't think RT is really that big of a need anymore with Colombo playin well. I also don't think RT is a critically important position. Our track record of drafting o-lineman high is just so incredibly poor I'd rather see us address that in FA.
    I like Levi Brown, but I don't like Scott's analysis. Is Columbo really as bad as Scott makes him out to be? I really haven't been paying attention to Columbo... but only because Romo hasn't been sacked 50 million times... I think that means he's playing alright.

I think Brown could be a good fit for us, but I'd want him to replace Flo. I haven't seen much of Brown so I don't know if he's projected better at LT or RT in the NFL... or even Guard. Maybe I'll do some research. What do you guys think? I have a hunch though that Brown is not a good candidate for Guard... If he's even willing to play it, knowing the money is at Tackle.
    Columbo has played very well this year with a few exceptions here and there. The one that comes to mind for me was the missed assignment of the field goal try against the Skins. That still burns me because we would be on a 5 game winning streak... but I digress. I don't like Scotts analysis at all.
    I thought it was Witten who missed the block... I guess I'm probably wrong. The one game that stuck out for me was Columbo's game against Peppers. It was like a coming of age game for him.
    Yeah it was Columbo. I believe he did it twice in that game. I think he's been really good this year. I agree D-Unit, that Panthers game was outstanding, not just because of his performance, but because everyone was so sure he would be destroyed.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
    Albert Camus

Comment

• They initially thought it was Witten, but it was Colombo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10
        How about NT? I know they are extremely hard to find and realisticly you might not be able to get one in the draft, but wouldn't that be the Cowboys biggest need over O-line?
        I was actually thinking about either Tank Tyler or Amobi Okoye with the first round pick. If we can finish off our D-Line with a solid, young NT then why the hell not?

Comment

• No matter how we slice the pie....if you haven't realized columbo's play...then chances are hes played well.

I actually fought with scott about this...he just replied that scouts were surprised he was starting...I'm no scout....but he has played great almost all year. Sure he gave up some sacks earlier...but not many 3 i believe all year. He shut down the hottest DE in the game. He didn't even get alot of help...Flo had more help in the game. This has been the way it is all year...

Columbo has really only sucked at engaging the DE on a run play...he seems to be slow off the ball. But when him and witten are asked to seal the outside its golden. Not only that...but when Columbo gets upfield to the 2nd level he is a great blocker. He has sprung a couple of plays for us this year. Another important thing is....how many times have you heard his number called for a penalty...not alot which is another great thing.

I on the other hand do think Brown could play inside. Personally if we are picking at 20 I think thats damn early for a guy who isn't a real deal. I would rather have McCauley over him actually.

My Big Board
          1. Tedd Ginn
          2. Justin Blalock
          3. Jake Long/Sam Baker
          4. Reggie Nelson
          5. Tank Tyler
          6. Marcus McCauley

Any of the players above I would be happy with in the first round. If we are after pick 25 we really don't have a shot at the top 3. But 4/5/6 all have a chance at being around till the end of the first round.

Anyone else have a big board?

Anyone else believe in what scott says about Long being more of a RT in NFL then LT. I personally think he has everything you look for in a powerful LT....just needs a little footwork help which is coachable.

Comment

• According to Parcells in a recent press conference Colombo hasn't given up a sack all year, I don't think he would just make that up or anything. Parcells put the Giants game sacks on Bledsoe for holding on too long and not reading where to throw to properly.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmac076
              Originally posted by Jughead10
              How about NT? I know they are extremely hard to find and realisticly you might not be able to get one in the draft, but wouldn't that be the Cowboys biggest need over O-line?
              I was actually thinking about either Tank Tyler or Amobi Okoye with the first round pick. If we can finish off our D-Line with a solid, young NT then why the hell not?
              I'm on the side that I think NT is a huge need, but I'm not completely sold on either of those guys. It's not Vince Wilfork we're talking about here...

Comment

• Dang this may be the most hyped Cowboys-Giants game in quite some time. NY media, and national media isn't getting off this one.
                Originally posted by Paul
                Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• Originally posted by Number 10
                  Dang this may be the most hyped Cowboys-Giants game in quite some time. NY media, and national media isn't getting off this one.
                  It's only going to make it all the worse when you lose.

Desings by D-Unit

Comment

Dang this may be the most hyped Cowboys-Giants game in quite some time. NY media, and national media isn't getting off this one.
                    Last years game in Giants Stadium was pretty hyped. Tickets were expensive. I had to cough up 200 a piece.

Comment

What's scary for the Cowboys is...

As bad as you guys have been playing, if you win this game, you're right back in great shape!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10
                        Originally posted by Number 10
                        Last years game in Giants Stadium was pretty hyped. Tickets were expensive. I had to cough up 200 a piece.
                        I wonder if we whip out the red jerseys again
                        Originally posted by Paul
                        Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                        Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                        These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                        MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

I hope not. Despite winning last year, we don't play well in them. Last year was an ugly victory that was one basically by Antonio Pierce telling Clancy what to do and taking the handoff from Bledsoe. Conditions were terrible that game. It had snowed that morning and it was terrible cold and very windy. I'm hoping for similar conditions.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
                            What's scary for the Cowboys is...

As bad as you guys have been playing, if you win this game, you're right back in great shape!

Too true. For all the turmoil and sloppy play, it only takes one big victory to turn it around.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                            Albert Camus

Comment

• If LaRon Landry is there do we take him or should we wait and hope Watkins develops into a solid player? Landy doesn't seem to be as hyped as last year, has he not played as well this year? I haven't really paid too much attention to LSU.

Comment

Im pretty sure we do. We always whip em out during our most important home game of the season. Eli's first year, it was during his first home game. Last year, it was the game vs the Cowboys which ultimately determined who would win the division. This year, its most likely this game.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information