This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thule View Post
    latest rumors going around scout is who we may be targeting in FA...well D I'm not sure how you'll feel about this one...but a big picture of Max Starks is on there...knowing he could pinch in on the left side has to make it a little easier on our thoughts for depth purposes at LT...wonder if he would be looked at LG.
    I think it's more likely that we resign Flozell than sign Max Starks. I'm not a fan of Starks. Not even at Guard.

Keep your peripherals on Jordan Gross. ;)

Comment

Huge news just came out.

MB3 could have his new deal announced as soon as tomorrow...finalizing details...on the ticket...this would probably shut up the McFadden rumors going around MB3.
      Goodness gracious, that would TRUELY make my day! :D

Giterdone Jerruh!

Comment

Kinda weird talking to myself..but so much good info is out there and not getting touched on.

More on the capers situation...say it's about 80-20 in favor of the consultant job according to reports.
        Capers mulling offers from Dallas Cowboys
        Ex-Texans coach can choose consultant role or defensive coordinator
        Consultant role... I can see it. It's looking like Capers is a lock to come to Dallas. His expertise would be invaluable and it seems like a natural fit coaching chemistry wise, being that he's familiar with a lot of them.

I'm excited about the news!

Comment

Huge news just came out.

MB3 could have his new deal announced as soon as tomorrow...finalizing details...on the ticket...this would probably shut up the McFadden rumors going around MB3.

good, depending on the details that could shut down alot of these rumors...so if he is locked up long term he shouldnt be getting traded

And id like Hamlin back, but Canty is more important, I guess we have to put Henry back there but if Hamlin leaves I really want to take Marcus Griffin, and im going to hope that Phillips slides to our first pick

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/446673.html

Has he had any contact with Big Bill in Miami in discussing a trade up to obtain the Dolphins' first overall draft pick in April?

Speculation swirled this week on that topic, even including the name Marion Barber going to Miami.

In response, Jones said, "No," then added, "let me be very clear. No."

He said that rumor "came totally out of left field. I read it and laughed. Marion at running back, we feel, is one of our strengths, and we want to keep it that way."

Thank you Jerry, regardless of how some people felt here he showed me he is not an idiot and willing to break up the foundation for some hype...I wasnt against mcfadden just against trading your proven rb for mcfadden and letting him carry the load himself...

if it happens, it will be both first, a 2nd next year, and some players is what its looking like

Comment

• Hell yeah for the barbarian!! Time for a new video!

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/446673.html

Thank you Jerry, regardless of how some people felt here he showed me he is not an idiot and willing to break up the foundation for some hype...I wasnt against mcfadden just against trading your proven rb for mcfadden and letting him carry the load himself...

if it happens, it will be both first, a 2nd next year, and some players is what its looking like
                LL, Modano and D-Unit... the Barbarian Clan :D

The rest of you haters can weep now that he's being resigned and not getting traded.

Comment

• no hate towards MB3 but DMac>MB3....both now and in the future. But who can be mad about MB3 spliting carries....I'm not sure if any cowboys fan really dislikes MB3

Comment

no hate towards MB3 but DMac>MB3....both now and in the future. But who can be mad about MB3 spliting carries....I'm not sure if any cowboys fan really dislikes MB3
                    But DMAC > MB3 has never been the real debate.

It's DMAC > MB3 + 2 firsts + possibly extra picks/player... That's the real debate.

...and I wouldn't necessarily say they hate MB3, but there are many here who continue to underrate him (not being a top 10 back, etc) and make him out to be a guy who can't survive a 5 year contract because of his running style. ...JJJ, LSU, Moth, Achilles.... you? not sure... amongst others.

Comment

• Good news about Barber. About time.

Edit: NVM
                      Last edited by Paul; 02-01-2008, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• My view is don't give him a deal until bye week 2008.

If someone meets his tender let him go for a 1st and a 3rd.

Why give him money when he has a chance to prove himself for us...we didn't give Romo a big deal before the season last year...no reason to do it for MB3 imo.

Comment

no hate towards MB3 but DMac>MB3....both now and in the future. But who can be mad about MB3 spliting carries....I'm not sure if any cowboys fan really dislikes MB3
                          How can you say that McFadden is better than Barber w/o him stepping foot on a pro football field? A few years ago I had agrued the same point about Michael Huff. I was pushing hard for us to sign Chris Hope that year and I believe it was D-Unit that argued that Huff was better than Hope. I personally just feel you cannot make that argument until they step foot on an nfl field.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post

It's DMAC > MB3 + 2 firsts + possibly extra picks/player... That's the real debate.

...and I wouldn't necessarily say they hate MB3, but there are many here who continue to underrate him (not being a top 10 back, etc) and make him out to be a guy who can't survive a 5 year contract because of his running style. ...JJJ, LSU, Moth, Achilles.... you? not sure... amongst others.

all you have to do is go to other team boards to get honest opinions on Barber...miami fans were calling him a top 5 back and wanted him even though they were deep at rb, and there probably isnt a team that wouldnt love to have him on their own team....everyone else is really high, and some are unrealistically too low like JJJ who said Jones would be just as good as Barber back there next year

and your right, Dmac>Barber has never been the argument, its been everything else thats included in it...had cleveland tanked this was the ideal situation but it didnt, and I still feel were not a rb away from the super bowl...

Its time for a new Barber sig :)

Comment

• Well.....I want both...lol. I've said it before...I love Marion but, you really do have to question how long he'll last. First few years, he should be great but, as for the long run...I dont know...that doesnt look too good.

Might not sound wise to some but, I agree with Thule...right now, DMAC over Barber. Sight unseen in the pros...he is that good.

Anyway...I'm happy either way but, would have loved to see Mcfadden w/ a star on his helmet.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post

Marion is an excellent back and a huge asset for the team, but he can't perform at the same level all season unless he keeps a light load. He should never have more than 20 carries in a game.

Desings by D-Unit

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information