Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redskins had interviews with Mariucci and Fassel...if Spags doesnt want it...Fassel is probably the back up plan.

If Spags goes...I doubt Capers would go to NY...doesnt make that much sense. They would probably stay in house.
    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 02-05-2008, 03:00 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      Redskins had interviews with Mariucci and Fassel...if Spags doesnt want it...Fassel is probably the back up plan.

If Spags goes...I doubt Capers would go to NY...doesnt make that much sense. They would probably stay in house.
      .. or stay within the division again for a replacement

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
        So its about a 99% sure thing spag's goes to the Skins? There is no other good explanation as to why they haven't made a hire or done anymore interviews.

But does Capers in NY make sense? Would he stick with the 4-3? A switch to the 3-4 would be hard for them with no NT and no place for Osi or Strahan. I'm pretty sure Kiwanuka already showed that he cannot play OLB.

Tuck and Alford could be 3-4 DE's, but how effective they would be is uncertain.

I still hope we get capers in here in some capacity and Im not sure if the NY DC vacancy has any play on that at all.
        Having watched ESPN all day, the impression I get is that Spagnuolo won't take the Skins job because he won't get to choose his own coaches and feels like he needs more "seasoning" (that's according to John Clayton). He may be the best candidate, but it's no certain thing that he'll take the job.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJJ888 View Post
          Having watched ESPN all day, the impression I get is that Spagnuolo won't take the Skins job because he won't get to choose his own coaches and feels like he needs more "seasoning" (that's according to John Clayton). He may be the best candidate, but it's no certain thing that he'll take the job.
          A bit risky, that. He'll probably never be a hotter prospect than now. And one report I read said he was 48, so he's not that young anymore.

Of course, I want him to leave the Giants so that hopefully that D of theirs will fall apart. :)

Comment

• Interesting, I assumed he wanted the job and it was just up to the 'skins to sign him. I wasn't aware of him wanting more time.

Comment

• Originally posted by FinChase View Post
              A bit risky, that. He'll probably never be a hotter prospect than now. And one report I read said he was 48, so he's not that young anymore.

Of course, I want him to leave the Giants so that hopefully that D of theirs will fall apart. :)
              You could almost say the same thing about Garrett...but you're right about the age. On the other hand, I'd have to think that working for Daniel Snyder is the second worst head-coaching job in the league. He won't be able to pick his own coaches, his team will be 20 million over the salary cap, and he'll have to deal with Snyder's poor personnel choices and sketchy tactics. If he stays in New York, he'll have a great defense for a while, a group of guys who love him, and he'll get another chance to be a head coach later.

Comment

• I wanted Spags to get the Falcons job, that way he is out of the NFC east, if he takes the Skins job we still see him twice a year so no difference, hope he waits till next year then leaves out of the division

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• This is neither here or there, but I had a nightmare the other night where the Cowboys resigned Antonio Bryant.

Comment

• Hell of a talent just a loser. He could have been great.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

Hell of a talent just a loser. He could have been great.
                      yea Bryant was sick, won the biletnikoff award, and had all the talent in the world he was just ignorant and didnt like to listen...That really wasnt a bad draft pick, once he got his act together for like a half a season in san fran he showed how dominant he could be

What happened when he was here didnt he throw a jersey in Parcells face or something lol

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                        yea Bryant was sick, won the biletnikoff award, and had all the talent in the world he was just ignorant and didnt like to listen...That really wasnt a bad draft pick, once he got his act together for like a half a season in san fran he showed how dominant he could be

What happened when he was here didnt he throw a jersey in Parcells face or something lol
                        Yeah, sweaty jersey in the face.

Bryant reminds me of the movie, "Bull Durham", where Kevin Costner's character says of Tim Robbins' character: "Meat, you have a million dollar arm, and a five cent head."

Comment

Hell of a talent just a loser. He could have been great.
                          i remember his rookie year, we were down 13-0 w/ 4 mins left in the game, we scored a quick TD, then we were running out of time. We got the ball back w/ little time and Antonio Bryant made a sick game winning catch and landed on his head after jumping about 40 inches to catch it and we won. I thought he was gonna be the next great Cowboys wideout....man do i feel stupid in retrospect.

Comment

• Hey guys, Im back. :)

But seriously, I was just thinking about something that made me like as our starter the Barbarian even more:

You know how we were a slow starting team for most of the season right? And we were considered a second half team, correct? Maybe that's because of julius jones and Marion Barber. It seems like when Marion is in there (never the first quarter until the playoff game) he injects our offense with life. When julius was in there, it was like "ok julius, take the ball, run into colombo's back for a 1 yard gain, if lucky, ready break", LOL. I was thinking about that and I think it makes sense. I am really looking forward to MBIII going berserk as the starter next year. (and watching a few more trucks in the Pro-Bowl)

What do you guys think?

Comment

• Any news on Ellis? I heard he wants out? I know youre fine with Spencer (probably better with him starting), but it wouldnt be a bad idea to have 3 pass rushers on your team.

I really liked the package where Ellis played DE and Ware and Spencer OLB on passing downs. Very effective blitz package. Maybe tell Carp to gain weight again and try OLB out?

He's not a ILB, at 255 he shouldve gained 10 more lbs of muscle and stayed at OLB, instead he went down to 240, and lost any ability to pass rush, and wasn't strong enough to play ILB. He needs to get back up to 260ish and play OLB.

Or trade him to a 4-3 team the way his body type is now.

Comment

• I want Spencer to start. He is much more athletic than ellis. I wouldn't mine keeping ellis for another pass rusher and incase of injury to Ware/Spencer (god forbid). I do want spencer to be starting with the first team coming mini-camp though.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information