X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good sign Hamlin's sticking with Cowboys
    2:02 PM Fri, Feb 08, 2008 | Permalink
    Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips
    The USA Today's Pro Bowl notebook leads with an item on the cornerbacks chilling in Hawaii who are about to hit the open market. Ken Hamlin apparently doesn't agree with Albert "Einstein" Breer's take that the Cowboys shouldn't sign one of those guys.

"Ken Hamlin, the Cowboys safety, sent me and my girl a couple of mai tais to butter me up," Samuel said.

Speaking of girlfriends, you folks will be relieved to know that Jessica Simpson has been spotted poolside with Tony Romo in Hawaii.
    Nice. I really think after the PB we will get our guys locked up. All three of the guys we want to re-sign are at the PB, so once they get back I think the signings could come rather quickly. We still have almost 4 weeks after the pro-bowl before FA starts, so I'm not worried at all.

Comment

• I was never in the crowd who was worried about Hamlin coming back...everyone wont get signed the day the super bowl ends...Under the stipulations he was brought here, this season gave us no reason to believe he shouldnt be back, and deservedly soy, I cringe to think about how bad our safety play would have been without him this year

What if...Javon Walker gets released or traded?
      There have been conflicting reports regarding the 29 year old's future with the Denver Broncos. He injured his knee in Week 3 and didn't really return to the field fully until Week 15. Walker can still flat out play and has a lot to offer to a squad in 2008. He'll either start across from young phenom Brandon Marshall and be a solid fantasy WR2 if healthy, or the Broncos will release him due to a $3.5 million roster bonus he's due. Word on the street is that Jerry Jones would swoop up Walker in a second and add him to the arsenal in Dallas, should Denver cut ties with him. Make no mistake about it, if this happens, Walker could regain fantasy WR1 status with Tony Romo tossing him the rock in Jason Garrett's offense. Most people don't realize it, but Terrell Owens is going on 34, and will slow down sooner or later. Walker, T.O., Patrick Crayton and Jason Witten would give the Cowboys the most powerful passing attack in the league.
      http://www.nooffseason.com/IGsArchive172cont2.html

just a little tidbit on some javon walker speculation, nothing serious...but I dont think we want 2 guys with knee problems, walker provides alot of upside with his age and potential but he hasnt been right all season and it sure did take alot of time for him to rehab that knee

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• The Broncos haven't spoken to Javon Walker's agent since the end of the season. The Denver Post expects him to be cut or traded within a month.

Walker isn't going to to take a paycut to stay in Denver. Considering the health of his knee, we seriously doubt that any other team will trade for him. Look for Walker to hit the open market. Feb. 8 - 10:52 am et

ok, so now it looks like we dont have to give anything up, how would you guys feel about making an offer to him?? Its no idea what size contract he wants as of now, and he would have to show me he is at least healthy right now

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• well he is an oft-hurt 30 year old WR. eh maybe for a bargain. seems like a complainer.

Comment

• What does that blurb about Ken Hamlin have to do with him being a cowboy.

It's just BS spit out by Tim McMahon who is an idiot.

Wow, he bought asante samuel a mai tai -- Therefore, he wants to take a pay cut to stay in Dallas...

Sorry, but I just don't see the connection there at all. I still think he's a goner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
              What does that blurb about Ken Hamlin have to do with him being a cowboy.

It's just BS spit out by Tim McMahon who is an idiot.

Wow, he bought asante samuel a mai tai -- Therefore, he wants to take a pay cut to stay in Dallas...

Sorry, but I just don't see the connection there at all. I still think he's a goner.
              FWIW, Jones seems to like resigning his guys so I expect Newman to get a big deal. Not saying good or bad. I think this limits the Cowboys in the Trufant/Samuels game.

For FA, Drayton Florence seems to be a common name and would fit nicely into the Cap I guess. Pacman Jones would also fit if the Commish lets him back. Nothing new here but say waht maybe even both guys if cheap enough. Newman, Pacman, Florence with a good CAP number .... Henry and Hamlin .... Williams, Watkins, Reeves on the bench. That would be a nice DB rotation IMHO.

As far a WR, Javon Walker would also seem like a nice pick up. Personally, I think he has been somewhat over looked and under-loved in both GB and Denver. If his knee is fine, that is a fine pick up and kudos to Jerry. Remeber Jones, took the flyer on Colombo and no one thought he would ever play.
              Last edited by kingjames; 02-08-2008, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                I was never in the crowd who was worried about Hamlin coming back...everyone wont get signed the day the super bowl ends...Under the stipulations he was brought here, this season gave us no reason to believe he shouldnt be back, and deservedly soy, I cringe to think about how bad our safety play would have been without him this year

http://www.nooffseason.com/IGsArchive172cont2.html

just a little tidbit on some javon walker speculation, nothing serious...but I dont think we want 2 guys with knee problems, walker provides alot of upside with his age and potential but he hasnt been right all season and it sure did take alot of time for him to rehab that knee
                I would love Javon Walker. Obviously, the Cowboys would require a physical and if the doctors are okay with it, bring him on!
                In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• I would give Walker a 2-3 year deal with a bunch of performance incentives. maybe a million or so signing bonus

Comment

• I saw Romo and Jessica today. They're together for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      I saw Romo and Jessica today. They're together for sure.
                      How is she? As hot as she looks on TV? :P

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Everyone does realize that both Roy Williams and Javon Walker have serious injury concerns, right?

Williams has only stayed healthy throughout the course of the season once in his career.

Javon Walker has had consistent injury problems.

Walker is a different story because he may be a FA, but I'm def. not the biggest Roy Williams fan, especially for a first.

Comment

• February 8, 2008
                          Cowboys getting new LB coach
                          10:43 PM Fri, Feb 08, 2008 | Permalink
                          Todd Archer E-mail News tips
                          Reggie Herring will replace Paul Pasqualoni as the Cowboys' linebackers coach, according to a source, a little more than a month he was named the defensive coordinator at Texas A&M.

Before joining the Aggies, Herring served as Arkansas' interim coach for the Cotton Bowl, taking over for Houston Nutt.

Herring, 48, has spent two years in the NFL, serving as Houston’s linebackers coach in 2002-03 where he worked with Cowboys defensive coordinator Brian Stewart. Herring broke into coaching in 1981 with Jimmy Johnson at Oklahoma State after his playing career at Florida State ended.

The Cowboys had talked with Gregg Williams about the position before he joined Jacksonville this week as its defensive coordinator. The Cowboys have had discussions with Dom Capers about a job on Phillips’ staff.
                          http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/

What does this mean for capers? I think he might come in as an consultant, which I would love.

Comment

• Guys, watch this pro-bowl interview:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80696539

Does it sound like there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with roy. It sounds like, well, he is ***....

Comment

• Originally posted by Achilles33 View Post
                              Guys, watch this pro-bowl interview:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80696539

Does it sound like there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with roy. It sounds like, well, he is ***....
                              ya there is a problem! hows someone who covers that bad make it to 5 straight pro bowls! maybe he should join bowles in miami for a 2nd or what not. ;)

Comment

• i still think theres a chance for him to be DC.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information