Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I firmly believe Free is the future at LT. Marten is the RT.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Check out what Bills fans are STILL talking about lol http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=41331

Seems they cant get over their loss to us.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Flozell Adams, the left tackle, is an unrestricted free agent and the Cowboys are waiting to see what he gets on the open market before extending a deal. Colombo wants Adams, who is considered one of the top left tackles in the league, to return. If the price for Adams is too high for the Cowboys, Pat McQuistan starts at left tackle. -- Dallas Morning News

Things are getting a little scary when it comes to Flo now, it may be a little more difficult than I thought it would be, to re-sign him...but, it does seem as though, we are content w/ Free and McQ battling it out. Yesterday on ESPN News they were talking about how Jerry saw the Tackle situation. He (Jerry) was reported as saying, they have been gearing up the last couple of years just in case they lose Flo and that they are still great shape at the position.

Then they preceded in going into a couple of scenarios.

1. McQ/Free gets the job
        2. Leonard Davis moves to T and we draft/sign a RG (NOOOOOOOOO)
        3. Colombo slides over to LT and Marten or McQ start at RT
        Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 02-19-2008, 11:26 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• I was just reading up about this, im sure Flozell is going to get an offer more then what we want to pay him, alot of teams need a LT right now and have nobody, atl is a thought if they draft a qb...Im fine with it, im guessing our faith in who we have dictates if we address it during the draft.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Couple of things:

1. We were all kicking this around and I mentioned that how they handle Flo will tell us a lot about how they feel about the young guys. I think this is a clear signal that they would like to have Flo, but if he's too expensive, they feel comfortable with the kids.

2. I think Free wins this job outright in camp. And I think he's the LT for 10 years. BTW, Columbo can NOT play LT.

3. Davis needs to stay at G, and I would love to grab Albert the G out of Virginia in the draft. That would give us Free, Albert, Geroud, Davis and Columbo/Marten with McQ as the swing man for the next 5 years. That would be very solid, IMO.
            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• I really liked our mammoth O-line (with the exception of Kosier) -- They just won't look as dominating without flo :(

I hope we still manage to bring him back, although It looks like the only way that happens is if Flo want's to remain and Dallas and is willing to take a pay cut.

On the plus side, this makes Ken Hamlin's situation a lot better.

Comment

• Flo has seen his last days in Dallas. He is old and may only have a year or two left. Some team will pay him well enough for him to leave.

Comment

• Free will win the job IMO.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• I heard you guys are looking at Zach Thomas. Great idea imo. You guys desperately need leadership, particularly on defense. Don't underestimate how important that is. I didn't realize how huge it is until this year.

I always knew it was important, but i didn't realize how important it really was. Its huge.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      I heard you guys are looking at Zach Thomas. Great idea imo. You guys desperately need leadership, particularly on defense. Don't underestimate how important that is. I didn't realize how huge it is until this year.

I always knew it was important, but i didn't realize how important it really was. Its huge.
                      An old midget linebacker, injury prone, with his best days behind him. just clogging up playing time that's not there to be taken anyway.
                      how is this anything but a horrible idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                        An old midget linebacker, injury prone, with his best days behind him. just clogging up playing time that's not there to be taken anyway.
                        well he has 1643 tackles and 19.5 sacks, so i think he might know a little about playing linebacker, and while helping younger players, he could also play a little, just maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                          well he has 1643 tackles and 19.5 sacks, so i think he might know a little about playing linebacker, and while helping younger players, he could also play a little, just maybe.
                          So we should pick him up because he used to be a great player? Again, Eddie George. Remember how splendid that went?

BoneKrusher

Comment

• im telling you replace zach with roy they have about the same coverage abilities...... ok maybe im being a litte far fetched!

Comment

• Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
                              So we should pick him up because he used to be a great player? Again, Eddie George. Remember how splendid that went?
                              there is a big difference between a 30+ year old RB and a 30+ year old LB though. Leadership qualities would help. If he's cheap and wants to be here why not.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17
                                We seen what Hamlin did for the DB's this year. He brought leadership qualities that havent been there since Woodson still had run of the shop... I like the pick up of Zach if its cheap and his expectations arent extremely high. Now if he was replacing Akin Ayodele. I could understand bringing him in. It will mean Zach and Burnett will be swapping playing time and unlike Akin. I cant see Zach being pissed at having Burnett spot him a little more often.

We all see how much of a sponge Bradie is(based on his learning from Dat) another teacher with an even bigger resume couldnt hurt his development as not just a Dallas player. But as a Dallas LEADER~!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information