This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    I want this to happen VERY badly! I'll be the happiest man here!

I feel like an idiot, it took me way too long to figure out what you were talking about. haha.

Pacman is an ass...but, but, but, teaming up a Pacman addition w/ a 1st/2nd round CB pick would be pretty good, imo. That way if, or maybe i should say when, he messes up we'll have someone ready to step in.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      It never hurts to have another Pass Rusher...Justin Rogers pretty much offers nothing but a ST body. Adding a Marcus Howard or a Curtis Johnson could do wonders for our defense.
      And where would they play?
      Bobby Carpenter, Anthony Spencer and Kevin Burnett are very
      talented LB's that have a lot of money invested in them
      to have another guy come in and bother their progression

Comment

• If we drafted one it would probably replace Rogers on the roster. Except whoever we draft can spell Ware and play special teams, while not taking anything away from the others

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
          And where would they play?
          Bobby Carpenter, Anthony Spencer and Kevin Burnett are very
          talented LB's that have a lot of money invested in them
          to have another guy come in and bother their progression
          Trust me, I know all about the money aspect of the game. Anyway, Justin Rogers is considered to be Ware's backup. He showed he can play a little ST but, he's not the best option to be relieving Ware and getting some real PT w/ the defense. This really should be addressed...Demarcus is almost useless at the end of damn near, every game. We did have a visit w/ Curtis Johnson a while back...I would love the pick. Once again, we are a team of little need...we have the picks to use one on an OLB and we have been looking at some. Also, Ellis isnt going to be here forever.

edit...also, two of the guys you listed are playing ILB...and one of them, Carp, will most likely have a hard time seeing the field this season, again. Unless that is, they plan on him being the man to relieve Ware a bit. Bringing in another OLB will not effect the progession of any of the three you mentioned.
          Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 03-20-2008, 09:20 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
            I'm 100% against Ware playing every snap. He was completely useless to us by the end of games last season. He was gassed and took a lot of plays off. He needs someone to relieve him, here and there. Another OLB should be added in the later rounds, imo.
            Agreed that Ware looked gassed, but I blame that on the D-line. If he wasn't constantly double teamed he wouldn't be as gassed, but when you only have one side of the defense bringing pressure -- it happens.

Greg Ellis was a huge benefactor of Ware. Ill be able to tell you guys how much in a few days when my KC Joyner book arrives. Apparently he breaks down guys sacks into categories that show if the guy got the sack himself, if it was a coverage sack, or if it was a garbage sack.

I have a feeling that the majority of Ellis' will be garbage.

Throw Spencer into the mix a bit more and add another player to the D-line rotation and we may see a fresher Ware in the 4th quarter.

Comment

• More on Chad Johnson...

Cutting Glenn saves us 2.7 million about this year...

Akin is still aboard and he accounts for about 3 million.

As far as bringing Chad Johnson in....it's not going to be a cap problem.

We are reported at about 3.9 million now....Johnson coming in would garuntee Glenn getting his ticket out of here....which basically accounts for 2.7 of Chad's deal...then we only have to account for what is on top.

Chad shouldn't be a huge money problem...if bringing him aboard causes Glenn to be cut.

Comment

• Guys, I'm getting a little concerned about getting Ware and Newman locked up. Can someone give me the cap situation beyond this year and how that's going to affect getting Ware and Newman extended?
                In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                  Guys, I'm getting a little concerned about getting Ware and Newman locked up. Can someone give me the cap situation beyond this year and how that's going to affect getting Ware and Newman extended?
                  If you get Pacman, I suggest TNew be let go unless we can unload Roy and Henry and replace them cheaply. Roy and Henry are like what 13MM?

How Jones approaches this draft and if we get Pacman will probably drive the TNew thing. But I can see in 2010 a secondary with Pacman, C Brown, Hamlin, Watkins plus a few fresh CB draftees.

Ware is a lock to get signed IMHO.
                  Last edited by bobindallas; 03-21-2008, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• Cowboys' DeMarcus Ware set to cash in

Either this year or next, linebacker DeMarcus Ware figures to cash in on what should be the most lucrative contract Jerry Jones has ever given out in terms of guaranteed money as the Dallas Cowboys' owner and general manager. Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones acknowledged recently part of the team's lack of work in the current free-agent market was due to the fact they have to re-sign cornerback Terence Newman, who is in the final year of his contract, and Ware, whose deal runs out in 2009. Considering Indianapolis gave its pass-rushing fiend, Dwight Freeney, a six-year, $72 million deal with a $30 million signing bonus last summer, the Cowboys are probably looking at similar numbers for Ware. Probably more. Freeney, 28, has done it longer, but Ware only turns 26 in July.-- Dallas Morning News

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Welcome back Rob:p

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• I wouldnt even begin to think about letting Ware go, im 110% sure he will be a Cowboy for a long time, he's our playmaker and our new Charles Haley, we shouldnt even have to ask if he will be resigned, Jerry is going to pay him big time and there is no doubt about it...Pacman will be on a base salary of 1.29 million, how is signing him going to stop us from resigning T New? We have 3 dbs on the roster right now total, one being a guy who has yet to play with Henry and Newman, seems like everytime we sign someone everybody ask how will we play everyone else...Well we are going to need to add about 3 corners at this point regardless, pacman would be one, probably another in the 1st rd, and a late draft pick or bringing in a guy.

We lost all our depth so we knew we needed new bodies in, and were fine with the cap right now as it is.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                          Welcome back Rob:p
                          Getting to that time of the year, thank you D.

BTW, who from OK other than Smith and Kelly are junior eligible from OK? Lofton a JR? What happend to the two OL?

Is that your kid in the link?

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            I wouldnt even begin to think about letting Ware go, im 110% sure he will be a Cowboy for a long time, he's our playmaker and our new Charles Haley, we shouldnt even have to ask if he will be resigned, Jerry is going to pay him big time and there is no doubt about it...Pacman will be on a base salary of 1.29 million, how is signing him going to stop us from resigning T New? We have 3 dbs on the roster right now total, one being a guy who has yet to play with Henry and Newman, seems like everytime we sign someone everybody ask how will we play everyone else...Well we are going to need to add about 3 corners at this point regardless, pacman would be one, probably another in the 1st rd, and a late draft pick or bringing in a guy.

We lost all our depth so we knew we needed new bodies in, and were fine with the cap right now as it is.
                            Well FWIW, I am all down with letting a few of the higher priced D Vets go and keeping TNew till he is 34/5. Not sayin it will happin. Also think Canty and Hatcher are on the horizon along with Ware.

TO ME, Akin, Roy, Spears and Bradie are just JAGs. Funny we are in a situation we will LIKELY need some good vets move on like other talented teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by bobindallas View Post
                              Getting to that time of the year, thank you D.

BTW, who from OK other than Smith and Kelly are junior eligible from OK? Lofton a JR? What happend to the two OL?

Is that your kid in the link?
                              Yeah thats my son, hes a freshman. Lofton is a JR, the two linemen returned to school.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                                Yeah thats my son, hes a freshman. Lofton is a JR, the two linemen returned to school.
                                Wow, good luck with that. What are his "measurables?"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information