This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thule View Post
    anyone else buying into Akin Ayodele is included into this pacman deal? Makes sense from our side I guess.
    Well it would make sense to throw something in to sweeten the pot for them.
    I don't think we'll be missing much from Akin if he was to leave, but then again, he would probably be a very good LB for them in Tennessee. I just hope we don't give up any defensive linemen or the Carpster.

Comment

• Just a rumor that is floating around...rototimes have reported the deal is done...obv this is speculation because no details have been announced...I have a feeling it's a 6th and akin

Comment

Just a rumor that is floating around...rototimes have reported the deal is done...obv this is speculation because no details have been announced...I have a feeling it's a 6th and akin
        that sounds good for a guy with pro bowl potential.
        kinda reminds me of when we gave a 6th rounder
        to the packers for terry glenn..

Comment

Just a rumor that is floating around...rototimes have reported the deal is done...obv this is speculation because no details have been announced...I have a feeling it's a 6th and akin
          Ive honestly thinking something will be reported as soon as Monday morning, Akin sounds right though, I obviously knew he was the odd man out with ZT coming in, and Burnett is still here to get some more snaps as he should spell ZT alot more then Akin...Besides that Akin was a bum in our system, granted he could become a great player for them, but he was horrible as a 3-4 ILB and terribly out of position...I say make it happen.

Granted ive read at least 3 seperate reports, not just rototimes who says the deal is done already, which wouldnt surprise me because I think Jerry wants this done.
          Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 03-31-2008, 02:14 AM.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
            Ive honestly thinking something will be reported as soon as Monday morning, Akin sounds right though, I obviously knew he was the odd man out with ZT coming in, and Burnett is still here to get some more snaps as he should spell ZT alot more then Akin...Besides that Akin was a bum in our system, granted he could become a great player for them, but he was horrible as a 3-4 ILB and terribly out of position...I say make it happen.

Granted ive read at least 3 seperate reports, not just rototimes who says the deal is done already, which wouldnt surprise me because I think Jerry wants this done.
            Bum is just to far for me....JAG is the word that comes to mind....and I don't exactly buy he will become great for them either...played SLB in Jacksonville...and had the same knock there...JAG. Don't see a big difference in schemes between Jack and Tenn....so I'm just going to assume his loss will fill a need in Tenn...and open some cap room in Dallas.

Comment

• Bum may be a strong word, but what has he essentially done for us since we signed him? He seemed like an extra body, he never made any plays and just looked uncomfortable out there...Granted he was out of position so thats not a knock on his ability, but I think in the system Tenn runs he could be a solid guy, much more so then here...I just think trading him is a win/win, ZT was essentially his replacement and Burnett needs to get more snaps, id trade away Akin before I did Spears because he was good for one thing at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                Bum may be a strong word, but what has he essentially done for us since we signed him? He seemed like an extra body, he never made any plays and just looked uncomfortable out there...Granted he was out of position so thats not a knock on his ability, but I think in the system Tenn runs he could be a solid guy, much more so then here...I just think trading him is a win/win, ZT was essentially his replacement and Burnett needs to get more snaps, id trade away Akin before I did Spears because he was good for one thing at least.
                No doubt I agree with you....I just don't buy that he was a "bum" here and can be "great" there....I remember me and D talking back in the golden age....about bringing Akin here...I was the first to call it if i remember right and D was the one to call him playing inside...we had these big expectations...how he was a better fit to be on the inside and how he would be more of a factor in the 3-4....but he wasn't any more productive/noticable here than he was in Jacksonville...just going off the knowledge I'm going to say he's not going to be a big player in Tenn....just is a solid player who fills a hole.

Comment

• I dont know if it will be Akin. The Titans surely have the cap room but, I'm just not so sure. When Dallas made their initial offer, they didnt have intentions of trading a player for Pacman. Granted, Akin may not have a home here anymore but, he still holds some value. I figured it would be a lesser named player...more of an unproven guy. Like a Miles Austin or a Tony Curtis. Some said we were close w/ just a 7th rounder right off the bat...it doesnt seem like it would take giving up Akin for the deal to get done. We'll see. I mean it could be but, I'm not completely sold that Akin will be that other guy thrown in the deal.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

• I've actually stumbled across 2 sources that said...it's pacman for a 5th and there will be a press conference on monday morning.

Comment

I've actually stumbled across 2 sources that said...it's pacman for a 5th and there will be a press conference on monday morning.
                      It's still not bad and I'd rather not give up any player...we're not going to find a Pacman caliber player in the 5th, obviously. Hopefully, it turns into a Randy Moss situation...traded for nothing and now is indispensable as can be.
                      Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 03-31-2008, 04:46 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Good article about McFadden and his upbringing.
                        http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...de.html?page=3

On the field, there's nothing fake or dainty about McFadden. Unlike many speed backs, he craves a good collision, often using his patented stiff-arm to embarrass would-be tacklers. His position coach, Tim Horton, says 32% of McFadden's rushing yards last season (586 of 1,830) came after initial contact.

Comment

• Now their saying compensation couldnt be decided on so trade talks are off for the original 5th, not sure if we hav eto add more to the offer or what, but supposedly pacman for a 5th has some snags to it.

Comment

• Peter King is pretty sure Pacman is a cowboy at weeks end, and mentions adding in another player(roto listed stanback and carpenter as possibilities)

I think this is the latest on Pacman Jones to Dallas, straight from trolling the lobby late last night and this morning: "The next 24 hours are crucial,'' a source close to the talks told me this morning. The Cowboys are offering a late 2007 draft choice and a minor player; ESPN's Ed Werder reported last night Tennessee wants two draft choices, one in 2008 and another next year.

The problem, as I see it, is the Titans can't generate much competition for Jones because most teams wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole. Would they find one taker willing to pay more than Dallas? Probably -- maybe Oakland, which isn't a good fit right now -- but I still see Dallas upping the ante if necessary to get a player the organization is starting to see as the kind of underpriced gem who will be supremely motivated to keep his nose clean. I think that whether the deal gets done Dallas' way or not, Jones will be a Cowboy by week's end.
                            http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200.../owners/3.html

and this from roto
                            A source told King that the Cowboys are offering a late-round pick and a bit player (possibly Bobby Carpenter or Isaiah Stanback), while ESPN's Ed Werder says the Titans want two picks, one this year and one in 2009. The source called conversations between the clubs within the next day "crucial."
                            Two picks??? who would give up 2 picks for Pacman besides us and Oakland, and Oaklands out, they are trying to jack the price up because they know we are interested.

Comment

• I would be okay with a 2nd pick only if it's conditional. If he plays the entire year, and we do well, why not give up another mid-round pick. If he's as advertised, he's worth a first rounder. But we must have some protection there in case he goes postal.
                              In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                                I would be okay with a 2nd pick only if it's conditional. If he plays the entire year, and we do well, why not give up another mid-round pick. If he's as advertised, he's worth a first rounder. But we must have some protection there in case he goes postal.
                                I agree with you, I'd give up a 2009 mid round pick, but only if it's conditional.

Heck, why not give up a 2008 4th rounder and Ayodele.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information