This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not good news....

Commissioner Roger Goodell indicated at the owners' meetings Monday that he doesn't believe Pacman Jones has taken responsibility for his actions.

"When he does, I will consider him for reinstatement," Goodell said. "If he doesn’t meet that status, I don’t feel any obligation to reinstate him." Goodell says teams can try to trade for Pacman all they want, but it won't affect his decision to reinstate Jones.
    Ouch. :(

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
      Not good news....

Ouch. :(
      Ouch is agreed. Personally I think Goodell is a douchebag

Comment

• Goodell did have some encouarging things to say...he said, he liked what he heard out of Pacman in the Irvin interview. He said, Pacman was showing signs of maturity.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Ware_HITStick View Post
          Ouch is agreed. Personally I think Goodell is a douchebag
          If we can't be really sure Pacman is going to be reinstated, then I'd rather hold on to all our picks and use them on young CBs. Pacman may be more talented than all the other CBs available in the draft this year, but he'll be no help to us if he's still suspended.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
            Goodell did have some encouarging things to say...he said, he liked what he heard out of Pacman in the Irvin interview. He said, Pacman was showing signs of maturity.
            Thats a positive, but im thinking its possible he gets the Odell Thurman treatment(initially everyone thought he would be reinstated and had to miss another year) after reading some comments, which if that were the case we would still be out of picks...I want him here sooner to get into our off season conditioning program I just hope the reinstatement doesnt hit a snag...Im guessing if Jerry is confident in making a trade this soon he knows something we dont know, but if anything this news should make the Titans not drive up the price anymore.

Of course Goodell could of just been sounding like he wont take it easy on Pacman who knows, theres still a good chance a deal will be made before hand though.

Comment

• I bet he comes...I am planning for no cb drafted early, cause Pacman will be wearing #21.
              I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• Schefter said, the contract is already worked out but, the Titans still want a 4th and we dont want to go any higher than that extra 6th of ours.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• I was reading on Sportscenter last night that they wanted TWO 4th rounders..

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                    I was reading on Sportscenter last night that they wanted TWO 4th rounders..
                    Two 4th rounders is way too high. Hell, I consider one 4th rounder too high for Pacman, considering his situation. Don't bring up the Randy Moss trade; Moss may have had a bad attitude in Oakland, but he wasn't suspended indefinitely, like Pacman. The Titans should consider themselves lucky to get a 5th rounder.

Comment

• Originally posted by FinChase View Post
                      Two 4th rounders is way too high. Hell, I consider one 4th rounder too high for Pacman, considering his situation. Don't bring up the Randy Moss trade; Moss may have had a bad attitude in Oakland, but he wasn't suspended indefinitely, like Pacman. The Titans should consider themselves lucky to get a 5th rounder.
                      yeah i know, i was thinking the exact same thing.
                      they're drunk if they think ANY team will give them two 4th rounders
                      for him. we would be doing them a favor by trading for pac man
                      and they wanna shaft us in the process. nah.

Comment

• Chad Johnson will be moved

per roto

Chuck Ludwig of the Dayton Daily News believes Chad Johnson will be traded on or before draft day.

In an opinion blog piece, Ludwig writes that he doesn't know how Chad could possibly be welcomed back in the locker room after demanding trades all offseason. Coach Marvin Lewis has recommended Chad treat the situation like Kobe Bryant did; put it all behind him and just come out and dominate.

Interesting to say the least, Im pretty sure Jerry will weigh his options on this move, it would rule out a trade up, but I could easily see Philly give up their 1st so who knows...just something to think about.

Comment

• No way CJ is moved before the draft...draft day will be mighty tempting for the bengals...but if they choose not to...I still think training camp becomes logical time for him to move.

Comment

• I heard Bradie James did an interview on Sirius radio today and sounded like he was against the Pacman trade. From what I read he was also "baffled" by the Zach Thomas signing.

I don't know why he thinks this way? Our secondary is in dire need of help and Zach Thomas is 10X the player James will ever be.

Sounds like someone is a bit of a cry baby because he is no longer "The leader" of the defense. ha, leader...

Maybe James is finally feeling a little pressure. IMO this is a good thing, he isn't nearly as good as everything thinks or tries to make him out to be.

Comment

• oh please...Pacman is a punk. There are going to be some guys that dont want him in Dallas, that's a given. Bradie is not in the wrong here.

As for the Thomas signing...who wasnt baffled? We all had our questions when we signed him.

Bradie doesnt deserve so much flack. He's a guy who made strides this past season and played at a near pro bowl level for the majority of the season. I think it's time to lay off him a bit.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                                oh please...Pacman is a punk. There are going to be some guys that dont want him in Dallas, that's a given. Bradie is not in the wrong here.

As for the Thomas signing...who wasnt baffled? We all had our questions when we signed him.

Bradie doesnt deserve so much flack. He's a guy who made strides this past season and played at a near pro bowl level for the majority of the season. I think it's time to lay off him a bit.
                                We will agree to disagree moth :)

I am still not a huge James fan. To me he is solid, but isn't a play maker.

I also don't agree with him in regards to Thomas. Sure, call Pacman a punk, but don't act as if Thomas coming here is baffling.

To me it comes off as uninviting and seems like he is against bringing Thomas in. IMO he should be doing cartwheels because he might learn a thing or two about reading plays instead of overrunning them.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information