This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/

Originally posted by If you’re Akin Ayodele, this can’t be what you want to hear from the owner.
    "Anybody we have who’s in our preseason program and who we played with last year and who we’ve got back and who is on our roster right now, certainly they have a good chance to be involved [next season]," Jones said. "But that doesn’t in any way imply that we won’t be working our roster and doing some things different on the roster, which gives rise to, ‘Well, can you say for sure that Akin is going to be your starter next year,’ and I can’t." (ed - emphasis added)

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
      We will agree to disagree moth :)

I am still not a huge James fan. To me he is solid, but isn't a play maker.

I also don't agree with him in regards to Thomas. Sure, call Pacman a punk, but don't act as if Thomas coming here is baffling.

To me it comes off as uninviting and seems like he is against bringing Thomas in. IMO he should be doing cartwheels because he might learn a thing or two about reading plays instead of overrunning them.

I heard an interview with Terence Newman last week, and he also sounded like he had mixed feelings about Pacman. I can't remember his words, but his sentiments were something along the line that you can be a great player if your actions off the field are keeping you off the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by FinChase View Post
        I heard an interview with Terence Newman last week, and he also sounded like he had mixed feelings about Pacman. I can't remember his words, but his sentiments were something along the line that you can be a great player if your actions off the field are keeping you off the field.
        Agian from BTB.com

Originally posted by Terrence Newman
        "I’m sure it will be mixed emotions," said Newman, who was working out at the team’s Valley Ranch headquarters Thursday. "I’m sure there are people in the locker room that don’t want him here, and I’m positive there are guys that do want him here."

"I sat out a month and it took me a while to get back,"’ Newman said. "He sat out a year. It’s not like he’s just going to come in and even be the third corner. He’s going to have to earn it. To me, it’s still going to be tough. With (second-year cornerback) Alan Ball, he’s coming around. He’s going to be a player.
        And a little more about Ball. Apparently he has really beefed up from that 179lb stick he was last year. Coaches and now Newman has had some good words about him. Interesting stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
          Agian from BTB.com

And a little more about Ball. Apparently he has really beefed up from that 179lb stick he was last year. Coaches and now Newman has had some good words about him. Interesting stuff.
          If Mike Jenkins is on the board when the cowboys pick, i still believe you have to take him. If you can trade up for McKelvin, all the better.

I don't think we can wait for PacMan or Alan Ball to develop, we're
          ready to win right now, and the Top collegiate CB's can help us do that

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
            If Mike Jenkins is on the board when the cowboys pick, i still believe you have to take him. If you can trade up for McKelvin, all the better.

I don't think we can wait for PacMan or Alan Ball to develop, we're
            ready to win right now, and the Top collegiate CB's can help us do that
            Well of course I still believe we should draft CB early. I didn't say I'm soley relying on Bal's development alone did I? It was just good to hear that he is was progressing and working hard to be a part of this team.

Comment

• Here's the full Newman article where he talks about Pacman, and entering his final year of his contract, which he does want to get paid...Not sure he'd be really happy about being Franchised next year.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Just in case anyone is hoping or wishing for a trade up for DRC, Denver is reportedly tryin to move down
                If the Broncos make a move on draft day, it will most likely be down the board, not up.

And the Broncos are trying to trade out of their No. 12 overall pick, according to three NFL sources. The Broncos could receive a late first-round pick as well as a third-round pick based on the NFL draft value chart.

Trading down won't be easy, primarily because other teams want to make the same move. Conversely, there likely aren't many partners willing to move up and take on the extra money required to sign the No. 12 pick, which is expected to command a guarantee of about $11 million.

A logical trading partner for the Broncos would be the Dallas Cowboys, who have the Nos. 22 and 28 picks. The Broncos also have made deals in the past with the Detroit Lions, who have the No. 15 pick, Houston (No. 18), Tampa Bay (20) and Washington (21).

One reason the Broncos prefer to trade down is there

Depends on in Jerry wants to pay that type of money to another corner on top of Pacman, but the price isnt that bad and DRC would probably be there at that point.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                  No way CJ is moved before the draft...draft day will be mighty tempting for the bengals...but if they choose not to...I still think training camp becomes logical time for him to move.
                  Doesn't draft day seem like the most logical time to trade him. If you trade him at training camp for a draft pick you have to wait until next year to get a player. If you trade him on draft day you get a player on your team this year.

Desings by D-Unit

Comment

• I still cant see how or why the Bengals would want to take such an enormous cap hit. I'd be surprised if he gets traded. It's not like we could really afford him anyway, he's going to command $20 million in guaranteed money.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdallas View Post
                      Doesn't draft day seem like the most logical time to trade him. If you trade him at training camp for a draft pick you have to wait until next year to get a player. If you trade him on draft day you get a player on your team this year.
                      For some reason Kings article just made sense to me. I agree that it makes sense to trade him on draft day...I just don't see the Bengals doing it. I don't know maybe they don't think he'll sit out or what..but come time to start the season maybe the realization will start coming into mind and they'll try to get a player for the year before he decides to sit however long.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                        I still cant see how or why the Bengals would want to take such an enormous cap hit. I'd be surprised if he gets traded. It's not like we could really afford him anyway, he's going to command $20 million in guaranteed money.
                        The thing that we as fans don't know...is the guidelines in that contract....does he have to play a certain amount of games....blah blah blah...if this is the case trading him isn't a big issue....but if he can just sit and get paid...whats keeping him from doing it?

Comment

• Im im the Bengals, id rather take the cap hit and the extra 1st to build up the defense, vs letting him sit and being worse...Marvin Lewis is probably the next coach to get fired, its put up or shut up for him, if he sits Chad all year thats his job out the window.

Comment

• I was just thinking...

If we trade for Packman (which I think will happen), and can pull one of the established WR's in a trade on draft day, whoa....that is the WOW factor.

And we would still probably have a second and third round pick left. The running backs will be there in the second...

Possible Starting lineup, skill position wise.
                            WR-TO
                            TE-Jason Witten
                            RB-Marions Barber (w/bakcup Johnson, Felix Jones, ect.)
                            WR-Roy Williams (with Crayton in the slot, where he is one of the best in the league)

plus we now have Packman at 3rd cornerback/returner.

That is CRAZY... I maybe dreaming.
                            I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• Hey guys, I know it's been a long time since I actually posted but I thought i'd give my 2 cents on the draft. I really don't think we should use a first round pick on what would essentially be a backup rb. I know we like a 2 back system but we can probably get a good change of pace rb in the 2nd round. I'd really like us to use the 2 1s to get the top rated cb and wr available.

Comment

• That seems to be a fairly popular opinion lately.
                                I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information