X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Round
    Michael Griffin : Safety | Senior | Texas
    (Height: 6-0 | Weight: 205 | 40-Time: 4.45)

2nd Round
    Ben Grubbs : Offensive Guard | Senior | Auburn
    (Height: 6-3 | Weight: 318 | 40-Time: 5.15)

3rd Round
    Chris Leak : Quarterback | Senior | Florida
    (Height: 6-0 | Weight: 207 | 40-Time: 4.75)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdallas
      Here's a situation.

Say we're picking at 26 and we think someone at 19 is going to pick Blalock. Would you guys be in favor of trading up to get him?

Last week I probably would have said no because I really don't like trading up, but if we don't really have any needs and we decide he's the player we want I think we should do it.
      It all depends... I wouldn't be upset trading up for Blalock, because we know what we're getting and we need someone like him. But at the same time, I don't think it would be worth losing picks for. If it was a leftover player like Ellis then I could deal with that... the FA crop has a bunch of "good enough" OGs available and OG can be addressed outside of round 1. As much as possible I want to keep our picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
        Originally posted by Jdallas
        Here's a situation.

Say we're picking at 26 and we think someone at 19 is going to pick Blalock. Would you guys be in favor of trading up to get him?

Last week I probably would have said no because I really don't like trading up, but if we don't really have any needs and we decide he's the player we want I think we should do it.
        It all depends... I wouldn't be upset trading up for Blalock, because we know what we're getting and we need someone like him. But at the same time, I don't think it would be worth losing picks for. If it was a leftover player like Ellis then I could deal with that... the FA crop has a bunch of "good enough" OGs available and OG can be addressed outside of round 1. As much as possible I want to keep our picks.
        If we don't address RG in FA...my question become who will be the leader on the ol....Koiser...sounds scary.

Comment

• It does always seem that best guards in the NFL tend to go in the late 1st round to mid 2nd round area. You can get servicable starters later but the true top tier guys seem to go in that area. Here is a consideration? Was Eric Steinbech resigned by the Bengals? He could be an extremely nice addition to your team.

Comment

• Why do we need this "pure cover" guy at FS? Certainly you guys remember Darren Woodson, the converted linebacker? You don't need to be a converted corner to play free safety in the league, you need to be smart and make good decisions which is how Woodson made it work for himself. Landry is the better prospect in every way over Nelson, but maybe he'll run a slower 40. Don't be fooled. Landry has a body of work, whereas I've only heard of Nelson starting in the 2nd half of THIS SEASON. Buyer beware.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
              DMW I agree that we have a good young core at WR. But my question to you is what happens if Glenn goes down. He has been injured alot in his career...and this other problem that just popped up could take him out for his career...depending on how long. We have to look at it. Who in the hell is our speed guy. Our ability to stretch the defense deep would go down alot. I mean Crayton at the 2 spot with TO in the slot with Hurd as the number 1 on three wr sets probabally wouldn't scare anyone. Sure we have a great chance at making the catch...but the would likely bring the safety's up and now not only is there more people in the 10 yard span...it also becomes harder to run. We need a speed guy who can contribute on special teams right away...and be our insurance plan behiind glenn. If we land a guy like lee higgins in the second so be it. But Ginn's potential is about as high as you can get in this draft...to have him in our future would be very nice. It also wouldn't hurt ot have a guy like Glenn/TO tutoring him. Glenn came from osu..so there are some ties there beside the way they play.

You have watched every game. Well then I'm sure you would agree if there was one OLman that got pushed into the backfield 5-10 times it would be rivera. He is still ok when pulling although he whiffs from time to time...but when asked to attack one on one he is not as powerful as he once was. He is our biggest liability on the OL. I'm not saying he is the worst RG in the league...but if there was one positon to upgrade it would be RG. Not only that he is up there in years...do you really see proctor as his replacement?

I meantion GB...not sure what we would have to give up to move up that far...but I was actually talking about picking up a 2nd rounder for JJ...but I suppose he could be good bait for moving up.

My ideal trade would be JJ a 2nd and one of our young WR...a hurd/crayton/austin for there top 10 pick. I think everyone here knows who I would select. But I think if there is one guy in this draft that we love....we have to trade up....we have above average depth at many spots. Pick out a late round gem and we're set.

Only thing that would worry me is give up a 2nd and then already having spent our 3rd on Brown
              Trade talk is borderline insanity. If we start drawing up trades in our imaginations then we'll all go crazy by draft day.

Unlike Blalock, Ginn is someone worth giving up picks to get. The FA crop is crap... and there really isn't anyone else like him out there. He also can fill the role of kick/punt returner. ...and maybe even backup at corner! BP's gotta love that factor.

That said, I do think you are overreacting a little bit thule about filling Glenn's shoes. If you remember at the time Glenn was down, Crayton was also down. So our weakness was even more exploited. Crayton has shown the speed to get deep and there were even times last year when we were like "We found our future #2 receiver! YAY!" Remember that? :D

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward
                Why do we need this "pure cover" guy at FS? Certainly you guys remember Darren Woodson, the converted linebacker? You don't need to be a converted corner to play free safety in the league, you need to be smart and make good decisions which is how Woodson made it work for himself. Landry is the better prospect in every way over Nelson, but maybe he'll run a slower 40. Don't be fooled. Landry has a body of work, whereas I've only heard of Nelson starting in the 2nd half of THIS SEASON. Buyer beware.
                but i dont think Landry will not be there for you guys and dont for get Michael Griffin is a very good solid tackler like roy ... how many safetys do you know that in collage can rack up 2 years in a row with 100+ tackles

Comment

• I agree with thule, we need a WR, but I'd like Blalock in the 1st, and get a WR somewhere later. I like Paul Williams or Chansi Stuckey in the 2nd. Another two guys I like that aren't as fast are Bowe and Steve Smith. Some guys in later rounds that are kind of in the middle as far as speed goes that I like are Craig Davis and Chris Davis. In late rounds, I like Ryan Moore.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by The Legend
                    Originally posted by Ward
                    Why do we need this "pure cover" guy at FS? Certainly you guys remember Darren Woodson, the converted linebacker? You don't need to be a converted corner to play free safety in the league, you need to be smart and make good decisions which is how Woodson made it work for himself. Landry is the better prospect in every way over Nelson, but maybe he'll run a slower 40. Don't be fooled. Landry has a body of work, whereas I've only heard of Nelson starting in the 2nd half of THIS SEASON. Buyer beware.
                    but i dont think Landry will not be there for you guys and dont for get Michael Griffin is a very good solid tackler like roy ... how many safetys do you know that in collage can rack up 2 years in a row with 100+ tackles
                    But we don't need a guy like Roy! We need a guy to compliment Roy.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Staubach12
                      I agree with thule, we need a WR, but I'd like Blalock in the 1st, and get a WR somewhere later. I like Paul Williams or Chansi Stuckey in the 2nd. Another two guys I like that aren't as fast are Bowe and Steve Smith. Some guys in later rounds that are kind of in the middle as far as speed goes that I like are Craig Davis and Chris Davis. In late rounds, I like Ryan Moore.
                      The only problem with that is do you see Williams or Stuckey as #1 guys in the future. We have alot of depth at the #2 and slot position. Unless you think Hurd will be a number 1 someday...we have to worry about filling that void. If you do agree we need a number one...then we might as well wait till next year because picking up a speed guy who will never be anything more then a slot guy would just add to the logjam at WR.

Comment

Originally posted by The Legend
                        He's not like Roy, look beyond the physical stats and actually watch Landry play. He can cover better than just about anyone in the college game currently. He's bigger than Nelson, so? Landry is a ballhawk wether you guys want to admit it or not.

Here's an example of Landry's speed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R211e6JdVew

Comment

Don't be mislead only because you've only heard about him this year. He's a JC transfer and he has another year of eligibilty. He's faced top notch competition and has excelled this year. You can't deny the fact that he's a gamebreaker.

Why do we need a "pure cover" guy at FS? I can't believe I'm hearing these words. haha. How many times have we gotten beat deep this year and last year and the year before that??? Let's not get confused here. Nelson is not only a pure cover safety. He's simply the best one, imo.

Sounds like his name is picking up speed and may not be there late in the first anymore... but Landry for sure will not be there. ...and Landry is not worth trading up for.

...and Woodson could play FS because like you said... he had the smarts to play it. Those smarts came after years and years of veteran experience. He was a SS before we got Roy. You don't just draft a guy and expect him to have the smarts of a Darren Woodson to help subsidize his physically inept coverage skills.

That said, hell I'd be stoked if we got Landry. I just don't see the possibility of grabbing him without trading up. ...and he's not worth trading up for.

If we talk about hoping to get Landry, we might as well begin hopes of drafting Calvin Johnson too.

Comment

I agree with thule, we need a WR, but I'd like Blalock in the 1st, and get a WR somewhere later. I like Paul Williams or Chansi Stuckey in the 2nd. Another two guys I like that aren't as fast are Bowe and Steve Smith. Some guys in later rounds that are kind of in the middle as far as speed goes that I like are Craig Davis and Chris Davis. In late rounds, I like Ryan Moore.
                            Those guys are .... blah. Serviceable at the most. I am a fan of Steve Smith though. Smart player with great hands. Always seems to find the soft zone coverage holes. Not an NFL #1 though.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
                              Originally posted by Staubach12
                              Those guys are .... blah. Serviceable at the most. I am a fan of Steve Smith though. Smart player with great hands. Always seems to find the soft zone coverage holes. Not an NFL #1 though.
                              Pretty much what I said. If we don't land Ginn...this is where the CB who can impact the special teams game will come into play. Like I said...it basically comes down to who is available when we pick...and if a team is looking to move down.

Comment

Originally posted by Staubach12
                                Originally posted by The Legend
                                He's not like Roy, look beyond the physical stats and actually watch Landry play. He can cover better than just about anyone in the college game currently. He's bigger than Nelson, so? Landry is a ballhawk wether you guys want to admit it or not.

Here's an example of Landry's speed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R211e6JdVew
                                I never said Landry wasn't a great FS. He is. He won't be there for us though. I like Michael Griffin just as much as Landry. ...and Griffin could fall to us. Coverage wise, speed wise, I'd have to say Nelson is on another level.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information