Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody else heard the rumor about Roy losing 30 lbs. ? We'll see. Heres a link.
    http://thelandryhat.com/2008/05/06/r...ost-30-pounds/

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Apparently they had talked about it on NFL Live a few days ago. But it's pretty much just the weight that he gained during the offseason. I wouldn't put too much stock in that. He needs to get down to about 220 to play bad ass.

Comment

• Well if true, it's a good sign that he is actually trying. Props to him on that at least.

Comment

• He shouldn't be a pound above 215...

Hamlin plays at like 205 and he still manages to hit like a truck.

Comment

• Roy better get his head on straight...weight loss is one thing but, according to numerous stories that just came out...Roy was playing scared last season. He was actually hoping no one would throw on him...there is no way you can be successful w/ that mentality. A player that lacks confidence is virtually useless...Hopefully, Campo can get him thinking properly again....because, his current mind state, just isnt going to fly.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Roy is going to put it together and be back....... well we hope! but true at least hes making it look like hes trying!

Comment

• Roy lost weight before last year, and looked real good moving around out there early. It didn't take long for him to put it back on though. He is a guy that really needs to stay on top of it constantly to stay in top shape.

Comment

• Here's some positive news about Stanback, shed 12 lbs he's now at 210, I really hope he improves this year the way some are expecting.

per dallas morning news...
                  In Todd's internet column, which Tim referenced earlier, his look at the team's young receivers forecasts Isaiah Stanback to be one of the "most watched" guys in the team's upcoming OTAs and veteran minicamp.

I had a chance to catch up with Stanback last month, and he reported to me that he'd cut 12 pounds, getting down to 210 after struggling with injuries last year. And he thinks that, plus some of the personal work he'll get with receivers coach Ray Sherman, will make a world of differennce in 2008.

"Most of last year, I was on scout team, learning on the go," Stanback said. "My coach, his focus was mostly on the guys that were going to play. So now, in the offseason, I get to work a lot with him one-on-one and he's been teaching me a lot. I've picked up a lot of stuff. A lot of drills I wasn't allowed to do before, I'm able to do now."

One thing that did affect his progress too were foot and shoulder injuries that shelved him for weeks at a time, and put him behind as he made the move from college quarterback to pro receiver.

"It was a very frustrating year," Stanback said. "But what was supposed to happen happened, and I learned from it. I'm still doing a lot of learning. This offseason's been real important for me, but I've had fun doing it.

"I've slimmed down a little bit, like they wanted me to. And I've been learning, and I will be during these OTAs, to become a receiver. Last year, I was learning on the go."

When Jerry tabbed him in the fourth round of the 2007 draft, he was looking at an impressive 6-foot-2 athletic specimen to be developed.

Stanback knows the tag "developmental" doesn't last long. Pretty soon, he's going to have to turn potential into production, and that's what he says he's working towards.

"That's why I'm so excited about this offseason," he said. "I'm excited about all the minicamps, all that kind of stuff. I just want to do it, so I can become the kind of player I need to be to help this team."

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Well i'm glad he has the right attitude. Some guys that get asked to change positions gripe and think they know better than coaches and scouts. Now we just gotta see some production. Wherever he can find it. KR's, slot, late in the game, or late in the season, i just wanna see something to be hopeful about.

Comment

• That's why I get excited about pre season more then the average fan, get a chance to see guys like Stanback, Hurd and Austin get majority snaps at WR, Carpenter and Burnett will play alot, as well as the rookies, granted they won't be facing starters either but for most of those guys thats the most they will play all year so its nice to see who steps up...Fact is, the guys who are out there making plays, and showing improvement, will get a chance to see the field at some point...Stanback just cannot afford to get banged up again as he needs all the reps he can get.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• I sure hope Stanback can see some action this year. I just have a good feeling about him...

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Stanbeck

I also think he is ready to make a big jump this year. I hope he can play some on 3rd downs and really make and impact on the Cowboys this year. I think him and Deon Anderson can really be solid players for the team this year.

I will be at the SD game August.....First Preseason Game.

Comment

• Interesting read from the www.blueandsilverreport.com (formerly Theboysblog.com). http://www.blueandsilverreport.com/2...y-be-in-house/

Be nice if he's correct about Todd Grantham being able to get more out of the DL than Rodgers.

Comment

• Troy Hambrick sentenced to 5 years

From the Associated Press ...
                              TAMPA, Fla. -- A Tampa judge has sentenced former NFL running back Troy Hambrick to five years in prison for selling crack cocaine. The former Dallas Cowboys and Arizona Cardinals player was sentenced Tuesday by U.S. District Judge Steven D. Merryday.
                              Hambrick pleaded guilty on Feb. 26 to one count of distributing 50 grams or more of crack cocaine.
                              Court documents show Hambrick sold the drugs in 2007 to a confidential informants near his home in Lacoochee, about 40 miles north of Tampa.
                              Hambrick's NFL career spanned five seasons. His best year was 2003 when he rushed for 972 yards and five touchdowns for Dallas
                              Hambrick joins Sherman Williams as ex-Emmitt Smith backups sentenced to prison for selling drugs.
                              Now, I may be alone here but, I was a big Hambrick fan. I still think he could have been a very good back if he didnt get fat and lazy in the biggest off-season of his career. What an idiot, he got his chance and he blew it and now look at him. ugh.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                                Now, I may be alone here but, I was a big Hambrick fan. I still think he could have been a very good back if he didnt get fat and lazy in the biggest off-season of his career. What an idiot, he got his chance and he blew it and now look at him. ugh.
                                I never liked Hambrick, but one guy I did have faith in that was a bust was Drew Henson.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information