This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
    I always liked JJ and was a huge supporter of his for most of last season. I do wish him well, but it would be nice if he'd leave the past go.
    I agree with you there...he's always been one to speak his mind though...be it predictions, taking shots at BP, or just good ole fashioned blabbering. Sometimes, he just needs to keep it shut...he should really just be focusing on the task at hand and move on.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• per dmn:
      Hamlin negotiations: The Cowboys have had recent discussions with the agent for safety Ken Hamlin, but upcoming changes to the collective bargaining agreement have made negotiations tricky.

If the sides cannot come to an agreement by July 15, Hamlin would have to play for the franchise tender worth $4.396 million. He would be unable to sign a long-term deal until the season ends.

Sounds like we are trying to get something worked out soon, at least in the process...I expect it to be done before Hamlin signs the franchise tender actually...Alot of people don't know if we sign him to a long term deal he will make less then 4.3 this year, somewhere around 2-3 million a year, that tender puts a higher hit on the cap this year...I hope we keep it moving though, were sitting pretty as far as young talent locked up.

Up in 2008:
      Tank Johnson
      Sam Hurd
      Kevin Burnett

Up in 2009:
      Marcus Spears
      Demarcus Ware
      Pat Watkins
      Anthony Henry
      Marc Columbo

Those are really the biggest names left we haven't locked up so I have no worries, Hamlin, Canty, and Ware are priority, and depending how we work some of those deals out, we might be able to bring in a few of these guys...But guys like Henry, Spears, and a few other older guys are probably gone though.

Fact is, we have the nucleus of our team together for the next 3 years.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
        per dmn:

Sounds like we are trying to get something worked out soon, at least in the process...I expect it to be done before Hamlin signs the franchise tender actually...Alot of people don't know if we sign him to a long term deal he will make less then 4.3 this year, somewhere around 2-3 million a year, that tender puts a higher hit on the cap this year...I hope we keep it moving though, were sitting pretty as far as young talent locked up.

Up in 2008:
        Tank Johnson
        Sam Hurd
        Kevin Burnett

Up in 2009:
        Marcus Spears
        Demarcus Ware
        Pat Watkins
        Anthony Henry
        Marc Columbo

Those are really the biggest names left we haven't locked up so I have no worries, Hamlin, Canty, and Ware are priority, and depending how we work some of those deals out, we might be able to bring in a few of these guys...But guys like Henry, Spears, and a few other older guys are probably gone though.

Yep, that's awesome stuff.

Comment

per dmn:

Up in 2008:
          Tank Johnson
          Sam Hurd
          Kevin Burnett

Up in 2009:
          Marcus Spears
          Demarcus Ware
          Pat Watkins
          Anthony Henry
          Marc Columbo

Columbo, Henry and Spears are gone in 2009.
          Burnett will probably stay because I don't think he will ask for big money. The same for Hurd... I don't know about Tank, it depends on how much his game progresses during this season.
          Watkins maybe... But I think Brown will take his place...
          Ware, of course, is staying and signing a HUGE contract.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

per dmn:

Up in 2008:
            Tank Johnson
            Sam Hurd
            Kevin Burnett

Up in 2009:
            Marcus Spears
            Demarcus Ware
            Pat Watkins
            Anthony Henry
            Marc Columbo

Burnett and Ware are the only one's on this list I care about.

Comment

• Henry makes first step toward Safety.

http://dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id...0918AB47E4931A

The addition of Adam "Pacman" Jones and first-round pick Mike Jenkins has the cornerback position potentially crowded alongside returning starters Terence Newman and Anthony Henry. That's why the Cowboys are working on a few defensive packages that could possibly get more corners on the field at once, maybe even four at a time.
              But to do that, one of them will be working as a safety in the nickel and dime packages. And so far in the OTA's, that player has been Henry, who actually got some experience at safety early in his career with Cleveland.

For now, Henry said he's not sure the Cowboys are thinking about a full-time move from cornerback to safety. But if they are, he said he would prefer them to tell him now so he can get ready for the start of the season.

"That's the thing I've wondered about," said Henry, who played three seasons at safety at South Florida before moving to cornerback as a senior. "If (I'm) going to do that, I think I should do it now so I can get an opportunity to really learn and get it down instead of going into training camp and the preseason and try to learn on the run. But right now, safety hasn't been brought up in a while. So I guess that's not what they want to do right now."

While Henry said he doesn't anticipate making a full-time switch to safety this year, he did admit he would like to make the switch at some point in his career.

"Yeah, I look forward to playing it," Henry said. "I'm not sure what's going to happen here. At some point, I want to do it because I want to further my career and I know I can play it well. I'm not saying that right now is the time, but if it was, I wish they would just do it now so I can focus on it and get ready for the season."
              I agree w/ Henry that the intent probably isnt to force him out as our starting corner yet...He'll get his work and some experience now at the position. If Roy faulters or Hamlin cannot be re-upped...he will probably see the move next year.

I like it...just like on offense we have so much flexibility on the other end. It's pretty sweet to see us toying w/ the idea of having Newman, Henry, Pac, and Jenkins on the field at the same time. Ahhh secondary depth, I've missed you. :)

edit...I also would like to make note of Anthony changing his tune on the subject. That is nice to see...as he said, a potential move would help further/prolong his career. He's still a great corner but, it's bound to happen one day. I def. want him starting opposite Newman for this season, though. Given that Pac is surely rusty and Jenkins is a rook.
              Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 06-04-2008, 07:20 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• i don't think it's about moving to safety, it's about trying to find someone to matchup with a TE. same thing denver does with champ bailey

Comment

• It's going to happen eventually...he actual wants to move there now. Whether it be with us or someone else...Henry will most likely be finishing his career at safety. Given our current safety/corner situation...I'd say the likely hood that he makes a full time move to safety next year (09) is fairly high. Better to make use of him than flat out cut him like some have suggested for next season.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• I don't think we can afford him, so he may not be seeing his future at safety continue on this team...

I wouldn't want us to resign Henry anyways. I like the guy, and he plays well when he is healthy, but he just isn't ever healthy. This is one guy Jerry needs to let go.

As he gets older, I don't expect him to be any healthier than in years past, and he will be dealing with more physical punishment at the safety position. He's going to have to take on TE's and RB's coming at him. I just don't like it as anything more than getting more guys who can cover on the field this year.

However, I think it is brilliant for this year. To have Henry, Hamlin, Newman, Pac, and jenkins all swarming around while having Canty, Ware, Spencer, Ratliff, Ellis and Burnett up front in our nickel/dime package is just screaming turnover.

rush 5, Burnett playing zone in the middle and everyone else ballhawking would be great on 3rd down.

Comment

• Here are a few observations from Wednesday's OTA practice at Valley Ranch....

* Indy Racing League star Helio Castroneves was a guest at Valley Ranch. He played catch with Tony Romo and then caught a few passes while covered by CB Terence Newman, who is a huge racing fan. After Castroneves beat him on a 25-yard go route, Newman buckled down with some press coverage on the next pass. Watch a video of Castroneves' visit here.

* CB Pacman Jones, in just his second practice after being out more than a year, had another interception. That's two in his first two practices. Dave Campo loves his new job.

* Also, Pacman looked tiny out there. He was never big to begin with but he appears to have lost weight in his upper body. He is listed at 5-10, 185 pounds.

* Safety Roy Williams accidentally plowed over RB Felix Jones on a run knocking him to the ground during team drills. Maybe that was a good sign, Cowboys fans.

* Newman said he ain't going to babysit Pacaman but he did offer him a little 1-on-1 instruction today during defensive back drills.

* Deion Sanders, the mentor to the troubled Dallas stars, was at practice and wearing a gray fedora. Sanders talked after practice about his new project, Pacman Jones.

* Jerry Jones' first stop on the practice field when he arrived was to watch the defensive backs and Pacman.

* WR Isaiah Stanback, whom the coaches have high hopes for, made an impressive leaping catch during practice.

* Not there: FS Ken Hamlin and WR Terry Glenn.

* Back at practice: OLB Greg Ellis.

* Locker room observation: Pacman is one locker (which says Adam Jones, by the way) away from new buddy Tank Johnson. Sandwiched in between is rookie WR Danny Amendola. No word if they have invited Danny to hang out.

* Heard outside the locker room: Pacman touting his bowling ability to some Cowboys officials. Pacman does have some serious game on the lanes.

* One of Pacman's new teammate buddies is the very likable Deon Anderson, the second-year fullback.

- Rick Herrin
                      http://startelegram.typepad.com/cowb...servation.html

Comment

• I dont think Pacman deserves the publicity he's getting, he was very good, but you shouldnt be rewarded for things you do wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                          I dont think Pacman deserves the publicity he's getting, he was very good, but you shouldnt be rewarded for things you do wrong
                          I don't get it, who is rewarding him? You don't think people are going to talk about him returning, thats normal, and in fact he didn't ask for that, the cameras follow him around...But I still don't see how throwing out a few tidbits of how he did at practice is rewarding him for the wrong he did...Please explain.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            Henry makes first step toward Safety.

http://dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id...0918AB47E4931A

I agree w/ Henry that the intent probably isnt to force him out as our starting corner yet...He'll get his work and some experience now at the position. If Roy faulters or Hamlin cannot be re-upped...he will probably see the move next year.

I like it...just like on offense we have so much flexibility on the other end. It's pretty sweet to see us toying w/ the idea of having Newman, Henry, Pac, and Jenkins on the field at the same time. Ahhh secondary depth, I've missed you. :)

edit...I also would like to make note of Anthony changing his tune on the subject. That is nice to see...as he said, a potential move would help further/prolong his career. He's still a great corner but, it's bound to happen one day. I def. want him starting opposite Newman for this season, though. Given that Pac is surely rusty and Jenkins is a rook.
                            Good news imo. But I really REALLY have a huge man crush on Taylor Mays. too bad that will never become a reality. :(

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                              Good news imo. But I really REALLY have a huge man crush on Taylor Mays. too bad that will never become a reality. :(
                              lol...that is not a bad man crush to have. I would def. be on board...or w/ my boy Emanuel Cook.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• If we're talking safeties I'm a big fan of Derek Pegues

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information