X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
    hey guys,

do any of you know how to make those pictures you have under your comments?

Im not sure if that is what is referred to as a "sig" or not, but if it is, does anyone on here want to make me a sig?

I think I would like to roll with a Kevin Burnett if anyone is interested.

Not sure if it is fun to create, or if it is a hassle
    Since you're a cowboys fan, ask someone in the sig request thread, and tell em i'll hit them up with some rep ;)

Comment

• Thanks guys. I didn't even know about the sig request thread. Ill check it out and see if anyone is willing.

Comment

• I'm really glad to see Strahan retire, dude always killed us. I respect the hell out of him but man I hate that guy lol. Marc Colombo and our other crappy RTs sure as hell won't miss him lol.
        Last edited by dpl85; 06-10-2008, 05:14 AM.

Comment

• http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.3c26b81.html

This is not really a big deal since it's not a big name player but still kinda weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpl85 View Post
            http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.3c26b81.html

This is not really a big deal since it's not a big name player but still kinda weird.
            At least he's a former Cowboys player

Comment

• http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/690837.html

Good article on Tank. Sounds like he's really in good shape and his head is on straight.

Comment

• That's too bad about Fowler. I really liked him.

As far as Tank goes, I'd love to see him really start to take time away from Ratliff. Call me Crazy, but I'd love to see Tank starting at NT, Ratliff at DE (I know, I know), Canty at the other DE, and Spears rotating in for both.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
                  That's too bad about Fowler. I really liked him.

As far as Tank goes, I'd love to see him really start to take time away from Ratliff. Call me Crazy, but I'd love to see Tank starting at NT, Ratliff at DE (I know, I know), Canty at the other DE, and Spears rotating in for both.
                  Thats not a crazy thought, Ratliff and Canty at both ends would be awesome, then again, I like Spears as our end in base sets, I just don't like him on passing downs in the nickel or dime, I would rather him stay in the best 3-4 set and slide him inside on passing downs, or out completely...I'm excited for Tank, his build is similiar to Ratliff's size, so some of the same things we ask Ratliff to do shouldn't be a problem for Tank, its just that Ratliff is more athletic all around then Tank or alot of other NT's, so I think Wade wants to keep him there and use his versatility...We can drop him into coverage at NT and he has the ability to play zone coverage and pick balls off, I doubt we ask Tank to do all those same things.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    Thats not a crazy thought, Ratliff and Canty at both ends would be awesome, then again, I like Spears as our end in base sets, I just don't like him on passing downs in the nickel or dime, I would rather him stay in the best 3-4 set and slide him inside on passing downs, or out completely...I'm excited for Tank, his build is similiar to Ratliff's size, so some of the same things we ask Ratliff to do shouldn't be a problem for Tank, its just that Ratliff is more athletic all around then Tank or alot of other NT's, so I think Wade wants to keep him there and use his versatility...We can drop him into coverage at NT and he has the ability to play zone coverage and pick balls off, I doubt we ask Tank to do all those same things.
                    I'm all in favor of anything that gives us more depth and flexibility on our D-line. That should keep those guys rested and ready to go all through a game. Now, if we can only develop another strong pass-rusher to sub for Ware so that he can rest a few plays each game. He's totally gassed by the end of games.

Comment

• I gotta say I was VERY impressed with how Ratliff stepped up after Ferguson went down. He has become one of my favorite players, and seeing him on the field at all would be a good idea to me. I wouldn't mind him being a 3-4 end at all. Spears hasn't been quite the player I wanted him to be, but as Longhorns said, I would much rather keep him in the game in the base 3-4 and rotate in Ratliff. Love the idea.

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!

Comment

• I've always liked Ratliff at DE waaaaaaaaaaaay more than at NT. But since we didn't have a NT, I did like how he was able to hold down the fort. Ratliff should be rotating between NT and DE next season. Between Tank and Spears.

We still need a a NT that can command a constant double team. I hope that Tank can do that. Spears is a rotational player at this point. We know what he is. Put him in on run defense and take him out against the pass and sub him out and put Ratliff in at DE with Tank at NT.

Comment

• Anyone else been hearing the Matt Jones to Cowboys talk lately? I don't really buy it, but its been getting some attention lately from a few writers, but I just don't see where he has a place here...He is essentially the same thing as Miles Austin, big frame, fast, but I don't see anything he has that seperates himself, and we already have our project qb-wr guy in Stanback...Only reason I would be willing to pick him up if he was cut is because his salary is around 500k and thats not alot of money to take on a guy with some potential, and he's reportedly close to being cut.

If you want to refresh your memory on how he was being slurrped by ESPN as the best player in the draft and going to make all these pro bowls read this link, its quite funny to read actually.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05...ris&id=2025109

He wouldn't be the worst guy to add if Glenn doesn't end up playing and see what kind of spark he shows in a year, he's still young, but I wouldn't expect him to beat out Austin right away.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Not sure how many of you were around during that time...but I do remember me and d going back and forth on whether or not Jones would be a good pick...I was all for him if he was available...D threw down a hard no.....d +1

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                              Not sure how many of you were around during that time...but I do remember me and d going back and forth on whether or not Jones would be a good pick...I was all for him if he was available...D threw down a hard no.....d +1
                              I still have to learn how to like Felix. You don't understand how pissed I was when we passed on Jenkins. Trading up for Jenkins was a saving grace.

If I had my way still today, I feel the same way as draft day... I would've taken Jenkins 1a and Devin Thomas 1b and Jamaal Charles in Round 2.

That would've been an A+ draft for me and I wouldn't have cared what we did on Day 2. Thomas and Charles >>>>>>>> Bennett and Jones, imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                                Anyone else been hearing the Matt Jones to Cowboys talk lately? I don't really buy it, but its been getting some attention lately from a few writers, but I just don't see where he has a place here...He is essentially the same thing as Miles Austin, big frame, fast, but I don't see anything he has that seperates himself, and we already have our project qb-wr guy in Stanback...Only reason I would be willing to pick him up if he was cut is because his salary is around 500k and thats not alot of money to take on a guy with some potential, and he's reportedly close to being cut.

If you want to refresh your memory on how he was being slurrped by ESPN as the best player in the draft and going to make all these pro bowls read this link, its quite funny to read actually.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05...ris&id=2025109

He wouldn't be the worst guy to add if Glenn doesn't end up playing and see what kind of spark he shows in a year, he's still young, but I wouldn't expect him to beat out Austin right away.
                                Let's say Glenn doesn't take the ultimatum. Plus, I'm not so sure Austin will make the roster. That puts us here:

Owens, Crayton, Hurd, Stanback, Amendola.

Do we need another guy? Not really, but I wouldn't mind having Jones on the roster. He'd be good depth and hell, maybe Garrett could find a way to use him.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information