Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
    Let's say Glenn doesn't take the ultimatum. Plus, I'm not so sure Austin will make the roster. That puts us here:

    Owens, Crayton, Hurd, Stanback, Amendola.

    Do we need another guy? Not really, but I wouldn't mind having Jones on the roster. He'd be good depth and hell, maybe Garrett could find a way to use him.
    I had to laugh when the guy who wrote that article was none other than Chris Mortenson. He's the worst of the worst at anything and everything.

    Comment


    • Hahaha I know. I read that just chuckling to myself.

      BoneKrusher

      Comment


      • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        I still have to learn how to like Felix. You don't understand how pissed I was when we passed on Jenkins. Trading up for Jenkins was a saving grace.

        If I had my way still today, I feel the same way as draft day... I would've taken Jenkins 1a and Devin Thomas 1b and Jamaal Charles in Round 2.

        That would've been an A+ draft for me and I wouldn't have cared what we did on Day 2. Thomas and Charles >>>>>>>> Bennett and Jones, imo.
        I have to learn as well, and will happily eat a nice plate of crow if I'm wrong, but I would gladly of taken Felix and Jenkins in the 1st, but we should of at the very least made a jump up for Sweed before Pittsburgh at 23...The cost to jump from about 62 where our 2nd was, up to the 55 range where Sweed was taken, would of cost one of those 4th rd picks that we kept trading away rapid fire, and maybe a 5th next year...Well worth it at that point, Sweed is good value in the 2nd, and I think we would of preferred him or Hardy over Bennett...Hardy would of cost more, but at that point I think we should of moved up for someone, we had two of our hugest needs already, grabbing one of those WR's would of had us sitting pretty for the 2nd day.


        I'm pretty sure we could of still found a way to land another Rb and OLB late in the draft...Ideally I would of preferred your scenario of Jenkins and Thomas, too bad Jerry didn't feel the same but I'll hope Felix makes me change my mind on that.
        Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 06-14-2008, 01:59 PM.





        Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          I have to learn as well, and will happily eat a nice plate of crow if I'm wrong, but I would gladly of taken Felix and Jenkins in the 1st, but we should of at the very least made a jump up for Sweed before Pittsburgh at 23...The cost to jump from about 62 where our 2nd was, up to the 55 range where Sweed was taken, would of cost one of those 4th rd picks that we kept trading away rapid fire, and maybe a 5th next year...Well worth it at that point, Sweed is good value in the 2nd, and I think we would of preferred him or Hardy over Bennett...Hardy would of cost more, but at that point I think we should of moved up for someone, we had two of our hugest needs already, grabbing one of those WR's would of had us sitting pretty for the 2nd day.


          I'm pretty sure we could of still found a way to land another Rb and OLB late in the draft...Ideally I would of preferred your scenario of Jenkins and Thomas, too bad Jerry didn't feel the same but I'll hope Felix makes me change my mind on that.
          I agree I would have gladly taken Sweed over Bennet but we all have to learn to live with what we have.

          Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

          Comment


          • I for one loved the Felix pick. :D

            Anyway, Matt Jones is terrible. He's still incredibally raw and is noted as being lackadasical and lazy. He plays half-assed most of the time and rounds off all his routes. blah.

            As for Austin not making the team...I'd say the chances are pretty low of that happening. Amendola is not much of a threat and Ray Sherman, among others, have really been talking Austin up this off-season. He certainly could have a bad preseason and see his way out but, if he is atleast semi-consistant...his skill set should def. get him a spot on the team. At the end of the year, he was frequently targeted on fly routes or as a deep threat in general. At this very point...I'd say he is pretty safe.

            Thanks BoneKrusher^

            http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
              Let's say Glenn doesn't take the ultimatum. Plus, I'm not so sure Austin will make the roster. That puts us here:

              Owens, Crayton, Hurd, Stanback, Amendola.

              Do we need another guy? Not really, but I wouldn't mind having Jones on the roster. He'd be good depth and hell, maybe Garrett could find a way to use him.
              Amendola is all Rookie OTA hype. I haven't even heard his name since the vets got involved. He'll probably be practice squad if anything.

              However, I have heard a lot of good things about Miles Austin lately. Catching everything thrown his way and showing off that Burner speed.

              I'd rather see Crayton in the slot on a consistent basis with Austin outside.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Go Cowboys View Post
                I agree I would have gladly taken Sweed over Bennet but we all have to learn to live with what we have.
                Ain't that the truth.

                But damn, Mike Jenkins, Devin Thomas and Jamaal Charles would've been insane.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                  I for one loved the Felix pick. :D

                  Anyway, Matt Jones is terrible. He's still incredibally raw and is noted as being lackadasical and lazy. He plays half-assed most of the time and rounds off all his routes. blah.

                  As for Austin not making the team...I'd say the chances are pretty low of that happening. Amendola is not much of a threat and Ray Sherman, among others, have really been talking Austin up this off-season. He certainly could have a bad preseason and see his way out but, if he is atleast semi-consistant...his skill set should def. get him a spot on the team. At the end of the year, he was frequently targeted on fly routes or as a deep threat in general. At this very point...I'd say he is pretty safe.
                  Where did Cory Boyd end up?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    Where did Cory Boyd end up?
                    Bucs drafted him. That's a nice fit and a good opportunity for him.

                    Thanks BoneKrusher^

                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

                    Comment


                    • Bentley was just released from the Browns... Two years out with a bum Knee... If I were Jerry I would at least offer him a 2 year Vet minimum. He wont be ready to play this year. But a full season as a backup for the Cowboys before possibly pushing for Kosier's spot or forcing Gurode to the LG spot doesnt suck imo...

                      Just wonder whether there will be a market for him...

                      Comment


                      • This is Austin's 3rd year, the year when you typically see some strides, and he has been looking good vs the vets out there, he just has to show some consistency in catching balls in the games to show he can be on the field at crucial times...He has that Roddy White thing going on right now, hopefully he can break out of it the way White did, remember Roddy was burning DB's left and right but couldn't catch a cold, but this year it all came together for him, I'm hoping for the same with Austin...He has speed and size to be a #1 target in this league, but I have to see him come up with a few big time catches to have faith in giving him game snaps and throwing to him in crucial situations...Hurd has proven you can go to him in those situations, right now Austin is more measurables then anything, but I'm really hoping to see an increase...I doubt he gets cut quite yet either, unless he stinks it up in pre season, most of our guys are young, we will see what we have first.





                        Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                        Comment


                        • I really don't have a lot of faith in Austin coming through this year. Until he can prove he can catch the ball consistently, he's just a so so decoy. Stanback is the one I want to see this year. His durability is a question mark, but if he can stay healthy it'll be interesting.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                            I really don't have a lot of faith in Austin coming through this year. Until he can prove he can catch the ball consistently, he's just a so so decoy. Stanback is the one I want to see this year. His durability is a question mark, but if he can stay healthy it'll be interesting.
                            Yeah, I want Stanback taking Austin's reps.

                            Comment


                            • Damn, all the sudden Austin's getting a lot of talk around here. Anyway, I'd love to see Stanback take reps from Austin. Right now, I'm actually hoping Glenn gets released. With him gone and Crayton in the slot, Hurd would be working out of the base, set which would do wonders for his development IMO. Also, with the more wide open looks we got this year, we could see Austin and Stanback fighting for time. To tell the truth, I believe that Stanback will turn out to be a very good player. Getting the reviews he's gotten after switching positions only a year go, the guy really is getting there.

                              BoneKrusher

                              Comment


                              • I still think Terry will be playing for us but, if he doesnt. I would love for the outside receivers to be T.O. and Hurd. I like that idea a lot actually...as it stands now, though. Crayton has still been working out at the two currently, while Glenn is out and Hurd is T.O.'s primary backup on the other side and is getting the slot reps. This could be subject to change if for some reason Terry cant go, though...but, Crayton would certainly still have the inside track at starting. Hurd would have to earn that spot and I def. think he could do just that. We'll see, I still see Terry back though...so, i dont really think it will come to this.

                                Thanks BoneKrusher^

                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information