Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Crayton did have some damn good games out of the outside #2 role, the Green Bay comes to mind where he beat Al Harris in man coverage repeatedly which shouldn't be over looked, and it's only normal to think he will improve like the rest of the guys...He might me more natural out of the slot and I agree with that, one thing people don't notice is how good he is at finding the soft spot in defenses...He knows how to find the area to get open especially when Romo is scrambling.

Out of Austin and Stanback I don't care who gets the reps as long as its the guy who has been performing the best in practice...I want somebody to earn that role, and show they need to be on the field more, Crayton had to do that with us, Hurd has already made plenty of plays the same way...I think we will see both this year in games at some point, but I think Stanback could be nice out of the slot as well.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Dont get me wrong...I like Crayton, he played well as the 2 last season. I know there was a lot of complaining about him but, he had a nice season, a year ago. I've been saying it for a while, that it was only his 1st year starting so, he should see a natural progression as well...he should be a better receiver this season. The fact that I like Hurd on the outside, is just because, Crayton is a better slot option and I think Hurd, atleast, imo...has a higher upside than Patrick. I dont think it would be likely but, he should be given every opportunity to start if Terry couldnt go....but, anyway I have full confidence in Crayton as our #2...it was just an idea. I'm happy w/ either of those two starting. Hurd would have to really impress the coaches for a change like that to occur, though.
      Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 06-15-2008, 12:45 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
        Damn, all the sudden Austin's getting a lot of talk around here. Anyway, I'd love to see Stanback take reps from Austin. Right now, I'm actually hoping Glenn gets released. With him gone and Crayton in the slot, Hurd would be working out of the base, set which would do wonders for his development IMO. Also, with the more wide open looks we got this year, we could see Austin and Stanback fighting for time. To tell the truth, I believe that Stanback will turn out to be a very good player. Getting the reviews he's gotten after switching positions only a year go, the guy really is getting there.
        I want Glenn to get cut too, I doubt he can even get through 3 games. I'd love to start working in the young guys. I think we could have a system like the packers/pats implemented last year where all 5 guys could see time.

Obviously T.O. and Crayton would be the primary guys and hurd would be getting more than Austin and Stanback, but it would be nice to see everyone worked it.

We don't even need TG. We didn't need him last year, and we don't him this year. Especially if guys like Austin and Stanback can show any sort of improvement.

Comment

• I definately think a WR by committee approach could work, TO and Witten will garner alot of attention but they open things up for everyone else...Austin can come in outside and stretch the defense, I too think Hurd can line up outside and be solid(I can't wait to pick him up in all my dynasty leagues and hype him up all year :) )...I think its an exciting year for our WR, our of Hurd, Austin, Stanback we are going to have a diamond in the rough, each guy is young with potential, and TO has at least 3 years left for somebody to emerge...I'll be the first to admit if TO goes down then things change, because he's vital to take attention away from other guys, but with him and Witten I'm comfortable with the guys we have.

Hurd has gotten alot better each year and at his age I feel he is going to continue to improve, Austin has everything going for him except sure hands, if we see that we could have something, and Stanback just looks explosive when he is on the field, he looks like a weapon being the most explosive out of the group...I'm perfectly fine with letting Glenn go and giving these guys more reps.

Comment

• Cant make it through three games? You should probably reserve some judgement on that. Where is that coming from? That is like all those comments on the DMN blog by people that think he doesnt even have a knee anymore. I dont know why you would want to cut him before, you even see what he has left in the tank. I know you cant believe everything you read/hear but, everything about Terry's rahabilitation has been positive. Hell, a few weeks ago, the DMN blog was posting thoughts on his fantasy impact for this year and how he is a sleeper pick. Things have turned since we heard of this injury waiver but, nothing medical has changed. His knee is supposedly in a good place right now...he can only help us. There is no reason to cut him prematurely. I dont think that will be the case, either. He should be back this season.
            Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 06-15-2008, 12:58 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
              I definately think a WR by committee approach could work, TO and Witten will garner alot of attention but they open things up for everyone else...Austin can come in outside and stretch the defense, I too think Hurd can line up outside and be solid(I can't wait to pick him up in all my dynasty leagues and hype him up all year :) )...I think its an exciting year for our WR, our of Hurd, Austin, Stanback we are going to have a diamond in the rough, each guy is young with potential, and TO has at least 3 years left for somebody to emerge...I'll be the first to admit if TO goes down then things change, because he's vital to take attention away from other guys, but with him and Witten I'm comfortable with the guys we have.

Hurd has gotten alot better each year and at his age I feel he is going to continue to improve, Austin has everything going for him except sure hands, if we see that we could have something, and Stanback just looks explosive when he is on the field, he looks like a weapon being the most explosive out of the group...I'm perfectly fine with letting Glenn go and giving these guys more reps.
              If T.O. goes down, Sam Hurd is his back up. So, we'll be fine. This is when Sammy steps up and becomes a SUPER STAR. :) haha. It would be nice.

God, I cant wait for the season to begin already.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• I totally agree with MOTH on WR placement. Crayton is very effective from the slot and Hurd has better upisde (believe it or not, Crayton is 29). Those lead me to want to put Crayton in the slot and Hurd out wide at flanker.

By the way, if TO goes down, here's what I wouldn't be surprised to see: Sammy at 1, Cayton at 2, Witten in the slot, and Bennett at TE.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• I've been watching last season's games throughout the day today and I must say... Bradie James is worse than I thought.

God, if the pressure ever shifts off of Roy, James will be exposed.

He is so terrible, I can't even begin to imagine how this guy became the leader of the D. He constantly overrunes plays, he constantly misses tackles (which is supposed to be his strong suit; the big run thumper/sure tackler) and he can't cover for ****.

Roy is equally terrible.

You guys should go back and watch a few games, it's alot different when you watch the game after you already know what happens because you're not following the ball as much, you aren't nervous or jumping out of your seat. You can just sit back and critique individual players and sometimes is disgusting.

If anyone wants his worst game of the season, please see the detroit game. God awful play by james and williams

Comment

• DC.com poll right now.

Which young receiver has the most potential?

I'm actually surprised at the voting because, he is the oft-forgotten one or the least talked about it seems...but my boy, Sammy Hurd, leading the way in the voting. Then Stanback, Miles, Amendola.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Another note after watching some old games today -- Pat Watkins is a much better tackler than his frame would lead you to believe. He really throws his shoulder into guys and puts them down. I was pretty impressed on his improvement from a positioning standpoint when comparing his first 2 seasons.

He really put himself in a position to make tackles. Now he needs to put himself in a position to make plays if he wants to take that next step.

To clarify on my impressions of Bradie James -- He looks really clumsy/sloppy/uncoordinated

Comment

• Are you sure your not mistaking James for Ayodele? I don't know, I just don't see it like you do, and neither does the coaching staff...I find it hard to believe he is as bad as your making him out to be, while he is a team leader and the coaches have all the faith in him...Saying he is equally terrible as Roy is overboard to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                          DC.com poll right now.

Which young receiver has the most potential?

I'm actually surprised at the voting because, he is the oft-forgotten one or the least talked about it seems...but my boy, Sammy Hurd, leading the way in the voting. Then Stanback, Miles, Amendola.
                          The high percentage going towards Amendola makes me wonder what some are thinking. I could understand arguments about any of the other three -- If austin had hands, Hurd is the furthest along right now, Stanback has the most potential -- but Amendola? WTF?

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            Are you sure your not mistaking James for Ayodele? I don't know, I just don't see it like you do, and neither does the coaching staff...I find it hard to believe he is as bad as your making him out to be, while he is a team leader and the coaches have all the faith in him...Saying he is equally terrible as Roy is overboard to me.
                            Unfortunately, it was James that I was watching. I have never been impressed with his athleticism or his coverage skills. I didn't expect anything more than average in that aspect. But after watching him individually on each play you can really see how out of position he is and how many tackles he misses.

Aikman even commented on it saying "Bradie James has done nothing to show that Jon Kitna was wrong about his comments" alluding to the comment that Kitna made about James looking like he didn't know where he was supposed to be at times.

It's the truth. He is terribly out of position on many plays, he overruns a bunch of them, he is very stiff and very slow, he is very poor in pursuit. I just can't believe this guy is our captain.

I understand your point about the coaching staff supporting him as our team leader and how that must stand for something, but our coaching staff also supports Roy Willams. They both need to be and are taken out on passing downs, both are slow, both are stiff, both are poor tacklers, and both put on a big show after they hit someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                              Ain't that the truth.

But damn, Mike Jenkins, Devin Thomas and Jamaal Charles would've been insane.
                              Yes, it would have

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                                The high percentage going towards Amendola makes me wonder what some are thinking. I could understand arguments about any of the other three -- If austin had hands, Hurd is the furthest along right now, Stanback has the most potential -- but Amendola? WTF?
                                I think those people see him as the next Welker.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information