This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/780037.html

Short article on the Choice signing, as well as when Bennett is expected to sign. It also mentions the status of Jenkins and Jones at the bottom.

Comment

• Is everyone else on vacation or out at training camp? This is about the quietest I've ever seen this thread. Think we'll get Jones and Jenkins signed before the weekend is over?

Comment

• Anyone know who Felix Jones and Mike Jenkins agents are?

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
          Anyone know who Felix Jones and Mike Jenkins agents are?
          Both have Eugene Parker.

Comment

• Glenn agrees to split salary ESPN
            http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3505290

No deal here DC.com
            http://www.truebluefanclub.com/blogs...luefanclub.com
            Last edited by Im_a_Romosexual; 07-25-2008, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
              Both have Eugene Parker.
              Felix and Mike have agreed to their deals...and are expected to be at practice tomorrow.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by FinChase View Post
                Is everyone else on vacation or out at training camp? This is about the quietest I've ever seen this thread. Think we'll get Jones and Jenkins signed before the weekend is over?
                My internet is down, so I'm just getting on when I can.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Anyone else pumped that Bobby Carpenter has been supplanted by Justin Rogers?!

Let me just say **** yeah.

For all the good BP does in his drafts, he seems to have trouble with the early round guys. Lets remember jerry wanted T-new (although kevin williams would have been fine) Jerry saved us with D-ware over spears. I'm sure there is more I'm forgetting.

Alot of early round BP guys -- Spears, Julius Jones, Bobby Carp, Fasano -- All lick balls.

Comment

• per dmn:

11:55 -- They're working on punt returns now. Adam Jones, Terence Newman and Patrick Crayton are back there catching them. This is Jones' job. There's a possibility that he could also return kicks, although that's one of Felix Jones' strengths, too.

Love the fact that it looks like we want Adam Jones returning punts, will be interesting to see if him or Felix handle the kickoff duties, but I could see both of them getting a few chances in pre-season.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• I'd like to see Adam returning punts and Felix handling kick-off duties.

On a side note with Felix, I think we're gonna see him get some exposure in the slot from time to time.

Comment

• Interesting little tidbit from gbnreport.com about a player that got a lot of love on this board:

"Bucs waive late pick… Tampa Bay has waived RB Cory Boyd, a 7th round pick at the 2008 draft, after he failed his physical because of knee problems. If Boyd clears waivers, he will be placed on Tampa Bay’s injured reserve list."

Maybe that's why Dallas never showed any interest in him.
                        Last edited by FinChase; 07-29-2008, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• Just a few thoughts

-Newman is having a tough time out there. I don't think I can remember hearing about him struggling this much in camp.

-Surprisingly, Roy is looking alright. I'm still not sold... I want to see him keep it up.

-Jason Hatcher looks much improved. I think he could be a major player on that D-Line this year.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Wade Phillips made comments about Hurd's improved speed the other day...anyway, he has been working w/ Pacman on one of the kick return units. He is also the best blocking WR on the team...wouldnt be a terrible idea but, w/ his increased role in the offense, I'd rather not have him back there. I'm sure it will be Pacman and Felix in the end...and that is just scary for the opposing teams.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              Wade Phillips made comments about Hurd's improved speed the other day...anyway, he has been working w/ Pacman on one of the kick return units. He is also the best blocking WR on the team...wouldnt be a terrible idea but, w/ his increased role in the offense, I'd rather not have him back there. I'm sure it will be Pacman and Felix in the end...and that is just scary for the opposing teams.
                              I'm pretty sure they said AJ and Hurd were the third unit....I wouldn't worry about Hurd as the deep guy...between Felix/Austin/Stanback...I'll take all three of them over Hurd at the position.

Comment

• Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
                                Just a few thoughts

-Newman is having a tough time out there. I don't think I can remember hearing about him struggling this much in camp.

-Surprisingly, Roy is looking alright. I'm still not sold... I want to see him keep it up.

-Jason Hatcher looks much improved. I think he could be a major player on that D-Line this year.
                                Where are you getting your information?

You sound like a younger Timmy Mac, and that is awful in my opinion.

Sure Newman is getting beat but he has a couple of TO's and is really working with the young guys. We've seen Newman play bad one year...and that was his sophmore slump...he is probably the 2nd to last guy i'd worry about slumping behind Ware.

Roy is looking alright? I don't get it...he hasn't done anything but have a couple of passes defended...haven't heard him coming down with a pick or anything...I guess he is filling running lanes..but that is what any safety would be asked to do...nothing worthy to even talk about in his case for me.

Hatcher has been getting pub all offseason..nice to see he is becoming a player...his name has been popping up a lot in the backfield from the reports...our DL is getting raving reviews...that's great.

What I'm really worried about is Bobby Carpenter being demoted to play behind Justin Rogers. This has to be a coaching thing because the reports are coming back positive on his performance...also ran across a article earlier talking about how in his game against the vikings in last years preseason game he was playing with an injury that noone knew about which affected him I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information