• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chrlopez1 View Post
    Is it 52 or 53?
    The latter.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Guessing roster

QB Romo/Johnson (2)
      HB Barber/Jones/Choice (3)
      FB Deon Anderson (1)
      WR Owens/Crayton/Hurd/Austin/Stanback (5)
      TE Witten/Curtis/Bennett (3)
      T Adams/Colombo/Free/Mcquistan (4)
      G Kosier/Davis/Marten (3)
      C Gurode/Procter (2)

23 Offense

DE Spears/Canty/Hatcher/Bowen (4)
      NT Ratliff/Johnson (2)
      OLB Ware/Ellis/Spencer/Walden (4)
      ILB James/Thomas/Burnett/Carp/Rogers (5)
      CB Newman/Henry/Jenkins/Jones/Scandrick/Ball (6)
      S Hamlin/Williams/Watkins/Brown/Davis (5)

26 defense

K Folk (1)
      P Mcbriar (1)
      LS Ladouceur (1)

We need one more player.............but overall I like the roster. I would really like to take another DE....one of the young kids....Like Dixon or Robertson or one more

Comment

• For some reason I think we are keeping Robertson, whether it be practice squad or not, his potential trumps alot of guys we would have on the PS anyway.

Comment

• Roster 53

I agree.....I think having one of the young guys help for depth...and DL is such a injury away from being ineffective.

What do you think about CB that all of a sudden is getting ink on all Dallas reports....Davis.....

Comment

• I'm so worried about Newman. This is bad.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Davis is a safety...and the reason his name keeps coming up is because, he has gunner potential and has been compared to Keith Davis. He has the potential to be a ST stud, he posseses 4.4. speed and is a very aggressive hard hitting S. If he has a good preseason on kickoffs...he very well make the team. He is one of the few guys I was excited about when we signed him after the draft. Fun player to watch.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• CB

We might be able to keep an extra player since Adam Jones will in my opinion be suspended a few games. I think 4 would be my guess. So we might have to keep an extra CB....or maybe we keep an extra player at a different position. Maybe a WR just to keep him.............

Final Note....................I hope Glenn..............gets injured right into the first few games of the season. I hate Miami...they are going to sign any player that was here when Ireland and BP were here...trust me............................

Comment

• Dont say that...

I hope Terry does well if those reports are true.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Cowboys coach Wade Phillips confirmed Tuesday that Terence Newman will miss at least three weeks with a "significant" groin injury.
                    Newman's MRI reportedly revealed a slight groin tear. Newman is coming off a Pro Bowl season, but he battled nagging injuries. Dallas has enviable cornerback depth with Anthony Henry, Adam Jones, and Mike Jenkins all in the mix. They can get by if Newman starts the year slowly.

Had we not made the aggressive move for Mike Jenkins and the controversial move of trading for Adam Jones, this would almost be just like last year all over again...All we can hope for at this point is one that Newman gets proper rest, let him miss all of the pre-season if he needs to, more reps for the guys trying to catch up to speed; two that Adam Jones gets re-instated in time for the Browns opener, he will play pre-season and more then likely start now and I would rather have him out there now learning on the fly; and three that Mike Jenkins is the real deal and shows us why we all were so happy to have him.

I don't know if this will linger or not, but I certainly won't be surprised come week 1 if he isn't ready, and we all know that Henry gets banged up just the same...Henry will be playing alot more corner then safety now, and I wouldn't be surprised if the team started trying to give reps to Adam Jones at the "star" position in the slot that Newman holds down in passing formations.

Comment

• LL

All the reports I've read have ball as the inside guy behind Newman...but if this happens let me know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
                        I'm so worried about Newman. This is bad.
                        THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING.

Newman himself has came out and said it's not a big deal...that it was more of a precautionary issue.

Comment

• Just went over the last practice log...and I guess Spears played inside a lot...they specifically mentioned in redzone situations...thats a bit surprising to me...I'm thinking Spears may play the nose more than we think.

Comment

• I'm not so sure yet...the other day Wade was saying they were getting him work for emergence situations.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                              Just went over the last practice log...and I guess Spears played inside a lot...they specifically mentioned in redzone situations...thats a bit surprising to me...I'm thinking Spears may play the nose more than we think.

My guess is that it's all exploratory at this point. They need to give him enough reps to see how he's going to translate at NT.

Comment

• Originally posted by fryman View Post
                                few hits-

The 2ND STRING had to adjust their strategy for Tank, so lets not get too excited about that piece of info.
                                But yes Spears will have to show a lot in preseason to not lose snaps, with the development of the DL. He isn't going to lose snaps on rushing downs though.

As for Ball I wouldn't put him as lock just yet. Him and Oglesby should be in a tight race for what could be the last CB spot. Although with 4 corners playing 3rd down 7 CBs may not be out of the question.

Dowayne Davis at this point I really don't see making the roster though. I just don't see a spot on the game day roster for him. And IMO he isn't the type of player you want to use up a roster spot on if he isn't active for the games.

I am excited for the competition between Hurd and Miles though. I thought Hurd would come into camp leaps ahead of Miles, but I am glad I turned out to be wrong.

I also would love to get somebody like Simms in for a 3rd QB. Somebody that can come in learn the offense this year and take over as the backup next year. I really don't like the idea of Brad Johnson coming in and shortening the field so much if Romo goes down.
                                I don't think we have room for a 3rd string QB. It's why we cut Matt Moore. :( I liked that guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information