This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thule View Post
    Just went over the last practice log...and I guess Spears played inside a lot...they specifically mentioned in redzone situations...thats a bit surprising to me...I'm thinking Spears may play the nose more than we think.
    Playing there is one thing. Is he playing good there? I haven't read the reports. If he's playing good there, that's a real positive sign of things that could come.

Comment

THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING.

Newman himself has came out and said it's not a big deal...that it was more of a precautionary issue.
      Which would be fine if it happened to anybody else. Newman is just so key, I just can't help but worry.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
        Which would be fine if it happened to anybody else. Newman is just so key, I just can't help but worry.
        I don't buy that "don't worry" junk either. Groin injuries are so damn unpredictable that you never know when you're gonna do something to strain it again. With all the cutting and digging and pushing off the ground, a tender groin is definitely not a good thing.

Last years' injury was only supposed to be a few weeks either and it lingered on for damn near half the season.

Comment

• Allan Ball sprained his ankle today.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ne...7BFC89BB0362E3

Comment

• Thoughts...

-Tank is getting more rave reviews and there's more and more speculation about moving Rat to DE. Don't get me wrong, I know he's a hell of a NT, but he's also a fantastic DE. Canty-Tank-Rat is the best starting D-Line IMO, with Hatcher and Spears as you sub-in DEs. I'm not saying this is what's going to happen, this is what I want to see.

-Rat got a rep at short yardage FB. Hahaha I like that. It's not going to happen, but come on, you gotta love it.

-Good to see Zach looking sharp. If he can stay healthy, I like him to have a great season.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Newman/Henry injuries should be expected at this point. We're prepared for this...I'm not worried at all. Even without him, our guys will be fine. Henry/Jones/Jenkins is still a fantastic trio. You guys dont need to worry so much.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                Newman/Henry injuries should be expected at this point. We're prepared for this...I'm not worried at all. Even without him, our guys will be fine. Henry/Jones/Jenkins is still a fantastic trio. You guys dont need to worry so much.
                Is everyones general consensus that Jones will be reinstated...wouldn't it be a slap in the face to cowboys fans to have him not get reinstated...I can't imagine what cowboy fans would be like.

On another note...all i keep reading is spears and Ratliff splitting time at both NT and DE...yet I can't find a single note on how spears is playing...I know the first couple of days he was getting rave reviews...but nothing since...don't you think if you were reporting training camp...and a move like that took place...you might note how the guy was doing at the position? It's amazing how guys like Timmy Mac have a job..I'm still pissed Breer went to Sporting News or w/e...I can only imagine how good our coverage would be if he was still reporting.

Comment

• Anyone else worried about Koiser...I haven't heard him stopping anyone all training camp and Canty is repeatedly beating him...Duke Robinson plz

Comment

• I'd be shocked...and pissed if he wasnt reinstated.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Anyone else worried about Koiser...I haven't heard him stopping anyone all training camp and Canty is repeatedly beating him...Duke Robinson plz
                      No...Kosier has been a good guard for us while here. Is he the weakest link? Yes but, he is still a steady player who is terribly underrated on here. He's not nearly as bad as some on here try to make him out to be.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
                        Thoughts...

-Tank is getting more rave reviews and there's more and more speculation about moving Rat to DE. Don't get me wrong, I know he's a hell of a NT, but he's also a fantastic DE. Canty-Tank-Rat is the best starting D-Line IMO, with Hatcher and Spears as you sub-in DEs. I'm not saying this is what's going to happen, this is what I want to see.

-Rat got a rep at short yardage FB. Hahaha I like that. It's not going to happen, but come on, you gotta love it.

-Good to see Zach looking sharp. If he can stay healthy, I like him to have a great season.
                        I've always thought highly of Tank. Was ecstatic the day we got him. Saying he was the answer to our NT problem... Since then, he's shown me flashes, but Ratliff has made it difficult for him to completely seize the position. I still think highly of Tank and I'm very happy to see him take on a leadership type role on the team. An amazing result considering the hoopla surrounding him when we signed him.

I have to say, if Spears can hold down the fort as a 3rd string NT (and part time DE), I feel very comfortable with our NT position. Now, that's something that I haven't ever said around here. But yeah, Tank is starting to show the beast within on the field and it's making me a very very happy man.

As for Zach Thomas... Man... I don't think fans fully realize how great his impact will be for this team yet. A mist the Flozell, Newman, Barber resignings and the players we got through the draft, Zach's name has sorta flew under the radar, but I'm SOOOOOOOOO happy that we FINALLY have that kick ass MLB that EVERY great defense needs. Bradie James, no. Dat was very good and appreciated, but he was not kick ass great. The last MLB that we had that was kick ass was Ken Norton Jr.

Comment

Anyone else worried about Koiser...I haven't heard him stopping anyone all training camp and Canty is repeatedly beating him...Duke Robinson plz
                          I'm at the point of hate with the guy. The memory of Romo yelling at him while the Giants frontline desolated us in the playoffs, is still fresh in my mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            I'm at the point of hate with the guy. The memory of Romo yelling at him while the Giants frontline desolated us in the playoffs, is still fresh in my mind.
                            This is exactly what played into my mind....it's really too bad that Marten can't show himself as NFL ready as he was proclaimed when we drafted him...we could use another big guy....your only as strong as your weakest link.

Comment

This is exactly what played into my mind....it's really too bad that Marten can't show himself as NFL ready as he was proclaimed when we drafted him...we could use another big guy....your only as strong as your weakest link.
                              I read that Marten was getting snaps at Guard, with McQuistan lining up at RT. So maybe Marten's future is at G?

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                I read that Marten was getting snaps at Guard, with McQuistan lining up at RT. So maybe Marten's future is at G?
                                Ya Marten was moved inside after the season from what the reports said...minicamps/ota's/training camp he has been seeing snaps at RG...but I haven't heard about him doing anything worth to note other than just filling in there with the 2nd string...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information