This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thule View Post
    Is everyones general consensus that Jones will be reinstated...wouldn't it be a slap in the face to cowboys fans to have him not get reinstated...I can't imagine what cowboy fans would be like.

On another note...all i keep reading is spears and Ratliff splitting time at both NT and DE...yet I can't find a single note on how spears is playing...I know the first couple of days he was getting rave reviews...but nothing since...don't you think if you were reporting training camp...and a move like that took place...you might note how the guy was doing at the position? It's amazing how guys like Timmy Mac have a job..I'm still pissed Breer went to Sporting News or w/e...I can only imagine how good our coverage would be if he was still reporting.
    I don't think Goodell could/would do that to Jerry. He is too big of a part of the NFL and is leading the charge in things like the fight for NFLN. I just don't see how Goodell would stiff Jerry like that. Especially given the full effort by the team to keep him clean.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      I've always thought highly of Tank. Was ecstatic the day we got him. Saying he was the answer to our NT problem... Since then, he's shown me flashes, but Ratliff has made it difficult for him to completely seize the position. I still think highly of Tank and I'm very happy to see him take on a leadership type role on the team. An amazing result considering the hoopla surrounding him when we signed him.

I have to say, if Spears can hold down the fort as a 3rd string NT (and part time DE), I feel very comfortable with our NT position. Now, that's something that I haven't ever said around here. But yeah, Tank is starting to show the beast within on the field and it's making me a very very happy man.

As for Zach Thomas... Man... I don't think fans fully realize how great his impact will be for this team yet. A mist the Flozell, Newman, Barber resignings and the players we got through the draft, Zach's name has sorta flew under the radar, but I'm SOOOOOOOOO happy that we FINALLY have that kick ass MLB that EVERY great defense needs. Bradie James, no. Dat was very good and appreciated, but he was not kick ass great. The last MLB that we had that was kick ass was Ken Norton Jr.
      I agree with almost everything you said but I'm pretty skeptical about whether Thomas can stay healthy and on the field. Concussions are very serious and should'nt be treated cavalierly. I'm not trying to be an ass or anything but Ken Norton mostly played SOLB for us, not MLB. He did start 13 games at MLB in 93 though.

Comment

• I'm also in love with the Thomas signing...I've voiced this before...but the first real defensive leader we've had since Woodson left us.

Comment

• Our best MLB ever was Lee Roy Jordan from 63-76. He went to 5 pro bowls and was the franchise's leading tackler until Woody broke the record a couple years ago. Jordan should be in the hall and Woody too eventually.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpl85 View Post
            Our best MLB ever was Lee Roy Jordan from 63-76. He went to 5 pro bowls and was the franchise's leading tackler until Woody broke the record a couple years ago. Jordan should be in the hall and Woody too eventually.
            Wow, you're really aging yourself there. How old are you? ...if I may ask nicely..

Comment

• Just a few thoughts.

- For the NT talk, I was definitely skeptical when we didn't address it with a "true nt" in the draft or in FA. But listening to Wade the past couple days, I feel a bit more confident in the position. He talks about mix and matching Ratliff, Spears and Tank there, and throwing different looks at the offense, all the while keeping our guys fresh. Which isn't exactly breaking news for anyone who follows the Cowboys, but hearing how Wade articulated it, it does give me a bit more confidences at the position.

- Also heard Wade talk about Garrett using Bigg more as a pulling guard, complimenting on how quick and agile he was. Now not saying he isn't, but when thinking of Bigg, "Quick and Agile" aren't exactly the first words that come to mind, but the thought of him leading the way for Marion or Felix around the corner does seem promising. I'll be looking forward to that for sure.

- First Preseason game next Saturday. Awesome. Finally some real football, that isn't played in a Basketball arena.

Comment

As for Zach Thomas... Man... I don't think fans fully realize how great his impact will be for this team yet. A mist the Flozell, Newman, Barber resignings and the players we got through the draft, Zach's name has sorta flew under the radar, but I'm SOOOOOOOOO happy that we FINALLY have that kick ass MLB that EVERY great defense needs. Bradie James, no. Dat was very good and appreciated, but he was not kick ass great. The last MLB that we had that was kick ass was Ken Norton Jr.
                Hearing Ken Norton Jr's name always brings a smile to my face :) One of my favorite Cowboys players during that era...ZT will most definately bring what we have been missing, and I am really excited this year because him and Burnett can really cover for linebackers, Burnett might not be the 3 down backer we are looking for but his coverage skills are elite for a LB and I love the dimension he brings to us on passing downs...Thats also something ZT does really well, so it will be interesting to see our Nickel formation, but I do expect alot of exotic formations.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Yeah, I cant wait for the preseason to get here...anyone know if the Chargers game will be live on NFL Network? I know they'll have the replay but, I would obviously rather watch it live.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                    Yeah, I cant wait for the preseason to get here...anyone know if the Chargers game will be live on NFL Network? I know they'll have the replay but, I would obviously rather watch it live.

I'll be watching it locally, but I believe your not residing in Texas right? If that's the case its going to be a little trickier, I know they play even the NFLNetwork Cowboys games locally here all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                      I'll be watching it locally, but I believe your not residing in Texas right? If that's the case its going to be a little trickier, I know they play even the NFLNetwork Cowboys games locally here all the time.
                      Yeah...I dunno if it will be on here. The NFL network is replaying every preseason game...so as usual I'll get to see all of them but, I'm not sure how many will be live. I know one is for sure on CBS i believe. I dont know, I'll have to look into it.

edit...okay I found something. Probably should have looked before hand. :)

Cowboys/Chargers (Aug. 9th) will be live on NFL Network.

Cowboys/Broncos (Aug. 16th) will be live on NFL Network.

Cowboys/Texans (Aug. 22nd) will be live on CBS.
                      Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 07-30-2008, 08:22 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Wow, you're really aging yourself there. How old are you? ...if I may ask nicely..
                        Lol I'm 23 but did a little research and am intrigued by our franchise history.. especially older players who don't get much recognition.

Comment

• If were gonna talk about Cowboys from the 90's, aside from the big 3, talk about some of my favorites.

James Washington

Alvin Harper

And couldn't find a pic of him, but Erick Williams was a beast aswell.

Comment

• There you go. :)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Alvin Harper was such a joke...the only thing he really ever did was dunk the football on the goal-post...but then again i was only like 5-6 during 92-93 superbowls.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                                Alvin Harper was such a joke...the only thing he really ever did was dunk the football on the goal-post...but then again i was only like 5-6 during 92-93 superbowls.
                                He was still one of my favorites, I still remember the game he and Garrett hooked up quite a few times.

I also always look forward to our game with the Texans, aside from the fact that I really like Jacoby Jones and get to see him play it always seems like a hard fought game both teams really want to win.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information