Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got offered two tickets for the game this week- $170/tix, lower level in the end zone. However, the last 4 games I've gone to, the Cowboys have lost. Fellas, should i go or not?

Comment

• Originally posted by RamonceTaylorThaGreat
      Originally posted by Staubach12
      I have nothing better to do than write up another Cowboys mock.

1. Sidney Rice, WR, South Coarolina
      2. Ben Grubbs, G, Auburn
      3. Mason Crosby, K, Colorado
      4. Brandon Meriweather, S, Miami (FL)
      5. Jonathan Wade, CB, Tennessee
      6. Isaiah Stanback, QB, Washington
      7. Syvelle Newton, RB/WR/S, South Carolina
      7. Antonio Johnson, NT, Miss St
      7. Sergio Gilliam, CB, Clemson

im just curious how you and other cowboys fans feel now, any different then how you felt after the Giants game? when you and alot of other people were campaigning for next year, and giving up on this year already, i remember asking everybody what their problems were and why they thought a season was 8 weeks long, but now the bandwagon is back full and all of a sudden we turned into the favorite in the NFC....

oh and the mock is nice, i like it, looks more like wishful thinking though....meriweather in the 4th? id be doing flips and cartwheels to get him that late, hell id take him 2nd-3rd rd for his talent and at a position we could use....

and sidney rice would be great, dont know if we take a WR first rd, but i think it be the smart choice, i thought we needed one last year, but will crayton and rice be a good wr combo in the future? dont know, crayton looks like a solid 2 playing alongside a great #1, but rice would blossom well with the wr's on roster next yr and in his 2nd yr be nice to have
      Funny how you only appear now once we're doing well. You're the one that disappeared after the Giants game, buddy. Who exactly is the fair weather fan? Look in the mirror.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod
        I just got offered two tickets for the game this week- $170/tix, lower level in the end zone. However, the last 4 games I've gone to, the Cowboys have lost. Fellas, should i go or not?
        I don't like endzone tickets... especially lower level.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
          Originally posted by leroyisgod
          I just got offered two tickets for the game this week- $170/tix, lower level in the end zone. However, the last 4 games I've gone to, the Cowboys have lost. Fellas, should i go or not?
          Me either, but would love to be there, but don't want to jinx the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Staubach12
            1. Sidney Rice, WR, South Coarolina
            2. Ben Grubbs, G, Auburn
            4. Josh Wilson, CB, Maryland
            5. Kareem Brown, NT, Miami (FL)
            7. Syvelle Newton, RB/WR/S, South Carolina
            7. Justin Vincent, RB, LSU

I'm not too familiar with Josh Wilson. Is that about right for him?
            Wilson is a fast riser and by the time the combine is over he'll be in the 2nd round at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod
              Originally posted by D-Unit
              Originally posted by leroyisgod
              Me either, but would love to be there, but don't want to jinx the team.
              170 is uber cheap. Heck I bet they go for 300 by Sunday. If you don't want to go, you can always sell em and make some money.

Comment

• Back to the discussion between landry and nelson... Personally i would rather have nelson, but does anyone think we might go landry for the simple fact that he is from LSU (if hes still around)? we have spears and james starting on our team and we have drafted other players from LSU; It seems to be one of the schools parcells likes to pull from.

Comment

• I like Landry because it seems like we have been talking about him being a first round pick for three years, and every time I watch him he makes a play, as in a turnover.
                  "Red Ball"

Comment

• 1. Sidney Rice, WR, South Coarolina
                    2. Ben Grubbs, G, Auburn
                    4. Brandon Frye, OT, Virginia Tech
                    5. Jonathan Wade, CB, Tennessee
                    7. Antonio Johnson, NT, Miss St
                    7. Ryan Moore, WR, Miami (FL)

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336
                      Back to the discussion between landry and nelson... Personally i would rather have nelson, but does anyone think we might go landry for the simple fact that he is from LSU (if hes still around)? we have spears and james starting on our team and we have drafted other players from LSU; It seems to be one of the schools parcells likes to pull from.
                      BP does like LSU, and I think Landry is just better, so I'm a Landry guy.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Staubach12
                        Originally posted by Burns336
                        Back to the discussion between landry and nelson... Personally i would rather have nelson, but does anyone think we might go landry for the simple fact that he is from LSU (if hes still around)? we have spears and james starting on our team and we have drafted other players from LSU; It seems to be one of the schools parcells likes to pull from.
                        I don't think anyone here is opposed to Landry. However just voiced that he doesn't hold enough value to trade up for. He will likely be the first S off the board so we really don't have a shot outside of moving up.

Comment

• Well, guys, big news here. Today the new Aikman Efficiency Ratings are out, and for the first time this year your Dallas Cowboys are on top.

Rec_Team_______Comb__Off______Def_Off_Def_Combined
                          1 7-4 Dallas...........170.3....88.2.........82.1 4 4 8
                          2 9-2 San Diego.....170.2....96.4.........73.8 5 9 14
                          3 9-2 Chicago........169.4....76.0.........93.4 13 1 14
                          4 8-3 New England 168.8....82.4..........86.4 7 6 13
                          5 9-2 Baltimore......168.5....73.9.........94.6 25 2 27
                          6 6-5 Jacksonville...166.5....79.2.........87.3 17 3 20
                          7 10-1 Indianapolis 162.4.....93.7.........68.7 3 13 16
                          8 7-4 Denver.........160.3....79.1..........81.2 22 16 38
                          9 7-4 Kansas City..156.4.....81.2.........75.2 15 12 27
                          10 6-5 Cincinnati....154.8.....83.9........70.9 8 31 39

I'm not sure if you all are familiar with the formula, but most critics have agreed that the AER is a much better gauge of the quality of a team, both offensively and defensively than the traditional methods of YPG or PPG. The only significant factor that is not taken into account is TOs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9836531
                          Originally posted by 21ST
                          He was protecting his self
                          Originally posted by tjsunstein
                          From what? His leg?
                          Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                          That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                          "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
                            Originally posted by Staubach12
                            Originally posted by Burns336
                            I don't think anyone here is opposed to Landry. However just voiced that he doesn't hold enough value to trade up for. He will likely be the first S off the board so we really don't have a shot outside of moving up.
                            Im not opposed to him either, i would just rather have the better ballhawk at FS. At his point either one would be a great pick up if we could get them and overall i think Landry is the better player. I believe hes bigger and more physical, yet he can still cover. For our purposes though i think Nelson may have a slight edge in the speed and coverage areas and we already have Roy to compliment that.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                              Well, guys, big news here. Today the new Aikman Efficiency Ratings are out, and for the first time this year your Dallas Cowboys are on top.

I'm not sure if you all are familiar with the formula, but most critics have agreed that the AER is a much better gauge of the quality of a team, both offensively and defensively than the traditional methods of YPG or PPG. The only significant factor that is not taken into account is TOs.

Based on the Footballoustiders.com metrics the Cowboys are one of only two teams with an offense and defense in the top 10, and the only team with an offense and defense in the top 5 (4th in both btw). According to their metrics there hasn't been an SB winner with a defense not rated in the top 15 and only 2 not in the top 10 since 1994 (the first year of their metrics).

Again, it begs the question. How bad is our FS situation or our OL situation if we are the only team in top 5 on both sides of the ball?

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                              I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSUALUM99
                                Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                                Well, guys, big news here. Today the new Aikman Efficiency Ratings are out, and for the first time this year your Dallas Cowboys are on top.

Based on the Footballoustiders.com metrics the Cowboys are one of only two teams with an offense and defense in the top 10, and the only team with an offense and defense in the top 5 (4th in both btw). According to their metrics there hasn't been an SB winner with a defense not rated in the top 15 and only 2 not in the top 10 since 1994 (the first year of their metrics).

Again, it begs the question. How bad is our FS situation or our OL situation if we are the only team in top 5 on both sides of the ball?
                                I think we're gelling on both sides of the line now. More cohesion is helping us tremendously. If you guys remember when the line was struggling, we were not picking up stunts and blitzes. That's a communication thing, not a physical thing.. Sure Romo has helped, but playing together and learning tendencies has a lot to do with it.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                                Albert Camus

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information