X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsn9P2RtgEI

Great video of some LB drills and DL/OL 1 on 1

Comment

• I've listened to multiple interviews online and it's good to hear what the DB's have to say. Both Pac and Newman has singled out Austin as the wr they think is going to have the biggest turn around and the media guys have singled out Hurd. It's very encouraging to hear that both of them are ready to step up. WR isn't nearly the weakness everyone makes it out to be.

Jerry was smart in getting rid of Glenn and letting these guys step up. Im sure T.O will be fine this year, but theres no telling when a guy might slow down. Having Terry around would have just hindered the progress of these young guys further. It's really smart to start blending them in with Owens so that they are ready to carry the full load in the near future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
        Spears is not a starter. Spears is not critical to the success of this D. His "run stopping ability" is overrated. He is average but people try to hype up his run stuffing because he sucks at everything else.
        No, why do people have to overrate his Run D? Why can't his run defense just be good, or is that not possible? He may very well suck at everything else, but he is still a great run stuffer, nobody is making this stuff up so I have no idea where you would get that assumption...He is a huge reason why our run defense is always in the top 10 year after year without a huge lane clogging NT in the middle...Nobody is trying to hype up anything he does, but its silly to just assume he must suck at everything because he doesn't rack up sacks like you expect for a 1st rd pick.

I'm still glad we have him on our line quite frankly and I will take what he brings to this team, he might be one dimensional but with the proper rotation he's not as useless as you make it seem...Hatcher is 2x the pass rusher Spears is but can't hold his jock in run support, all we need is a good rotation to mask the defeciancies of some of our lineman and we will be fine...Although I think we can all agree Ratliff and Canty on the edge is quite scary.

And why do I get the feeling Rob is back around, over/under 3 weeks before he comes out with his traditional "I told you this so long ago you cowboy fannies are ridiculous AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA"

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
          http://www.dallascowboys.com/multime...D7D12974EEA862

Watch/listen for yourself.

Not sure what the difference in your mind between a coach "liking your play and saying it publically" and "praising your play" but regardless it is positive.
          Praising would be exceeded expectations imo
          Liking means that doing ok imo

and your link took me to nothing specific. Just saying...Ratliff has been proclaimed our best DL by Shango/Grizz/the DMN crew....it's misleading when you say other things and I'm trying to keep stuff like that down around here.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
            No, why do people have to overrate his Run D? Why can't his run defense just be good, or is that not possible? He may very well suck at everything else, but he is still a great run stuffer, nobody is making this stuff up so I have no idea where you would get that assumption...He is a huge reason why our run defense is always in the top 10 year after year without a huge lane clogging NT in the middle...Nobody is trying to hype up anything he does, but its silly to just assume he must suck at everything because he doesn't rack up sacks like you expect for a 1st rd pick.

I'm still glad we have him on our line quite frankly and I will take what he brings to this team, he might be one dimensional but with the proper rotation he's not as useless as you make it seem...Hatcher is 2x the pass rusher Spears is but can't hold his jock in run support, all we need is a good rotation to mask the defeciancies of some of our lineman and we will be fine...Although I think we can all agree Ratliff and Canty on the edge is quite scary.

And why do I get the feeling Rob is back around, over/under 3 weeks before he comes out with his traditional "I told you this so long ago you cowboy fannies are ridiculous AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA"
            I'd argue with you that Roy Williams is the bigger player in keeping out rush defense in the top 10....whenever teams ran on us early in the games...all we had to do was bring Roy down and it was over....the most specific game that comes to mind is the regular season game against adrian....after that first drive Roy was in the box almost the rest of the game and AD didn't do much.

Comment

I've listened to multiple interviews online and it's good to hear what the DB's have to say. Both Pac and Newman has singled out Austin as the wr they think is going to have the biggest turn around and the media guys have singled out Hurd. It's very encouraging to hear that both of them are ready to step up. WR isn't nearly the weakness everyone makes it out to be.

Jerry was smart in getting rid of Glenn and letting these guys step up. Im sure T.O will be fine this year, but theres no telling when a guy might slow down. Having Terry around would have just hindered the progress of these young guys further. It's really smart to start blending them in with Owens so that they are ready to carry the full load in the near future.
              Burnett is riding the Hurd train. :D

I have full confidence in Hurd...Miles not so much yet. I guarantee Hurd will carry over his excellent camp into the preseason. Miles needs to show that all the work he's put in will carry over into games. Hopefully, he has a big preseason.
              Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 07-31-2008, 03:26 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

LL, great run stuffer? Please tell me you're kidding.

No he isn't good at anything and No I will not give him credit for being a good run stuffer because he isn't.

How often to you see do you see him in the backfield disrupting a play? Almost never. How about a tackle for a loss? RARE!

Seriously, what are you going to tell me? Let me guess. "Spears holds at the point of attack and seals off his edge..."

Oh seriously? No ****? A DE manages to not get blown off the line and actually holds his ground? And somehow this is the criteria we use when evaluating someone as a good run stuffer? Please.

Watch Igor Olshansky if you want to see a disruptive force who is a good run stuffer.

Spears is nothing more than a body. Wade isn't attempting to move him to 2nd string NT for no reason. It's because Spears doesn't deserve to start on this team.

I don't judge him on sack totals. Sure, I would like more than 2 a season from a first round pick, but he does nothing to be considered a great run stuffer. You guys are seriously delusional sometimes.

Comment

• Stanback is been the hot name the past two days...I just wonder if he can close the gap at all...of if he will end up as our trick guy....even last year when he hit the field good things happened....whether it was his kick returns or his Preseason catches...he always seemed to have that vibe that he could take it the distance

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                    Burnett is riding the Hurd train. :D

I have full confidence in Hurd...Miles not so much yet. I guarantee Hurd will carry over his excellent camp into the preseason. Miles needs to show that all the work he's put in will carry over into games. Hopefully, he has a big preseason.
                    Yeah I forget about KB being on the hurd train. It's just nice to hear that there isn't a clear cut front runner and that both guys are making a lot of progress. I always thought Hurd would be solid at the very least, but I was afraid Miles wouldn't make it.

A few good preseason games should do wonders for Miles "in game" confidence as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                      Stanback is been the hot name the past two days...I just wonder if he can close the gap at all...of if he will end up as our trick guy....even last year when he hit the field good things happened....whether it was his kick returns or his Preseason catches...he always seemed to have that vibe that he could take it the distance
                      Yeah, last few days he's been solid. He still has the dropsies, though and runs very poor/sloppy routes but, he's getting there. He'll see the field but, I dont think he'll be ready to be a big contributer for a while yet.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

Stanback is been the hot name the past two days...I just wonder if he can close the gap at all...of if he will end up as our trick guy....even last year when he hit the field good things happened....whether it was his kick returns or his Preseason catches...he always seemed to have that vibe that he could take it the distance
                        I think he might get action in blow outs or work more as a trick play decoy this year. It seems like he's still pretty inconsistent even though he's been hot as of late. Next year will be his time.

Maybe he can get in some kick returns as well.

Comment

I'd argue with you that Roy Williams is the bigger player in keeping out rush defense in the top 10....whenever teams ran on us early in the games...all we had to do was bring Roy down and it was over....the most specific game that comes to mind is the regular season game against adrian....after that first drive Roy was in the box almost the rest of the game and AD didn't do much.

I guess I can't get that Detroit game out of my head where Duckett and KJ ran all over us, Roy was ran over that game, took bad angles, and never wrapped up a soul all game...I was waiting for him to come into the box and make some plays and it never happened.

Comment

• In my dream world I'd like our kick returners to be Felix and Stanback...just from what I saw last year from Stanback he was electric...and I just got done watching another Shango video and Stanback ran three great routes to burn Jenkins each time....I really like Stanback...moreso than Achilles???

Comment

I guess I can't get that Detroit game out of my head where Duckett and KJ ran all over us, Roy was ran over that game, took bad angles, and never wrapped up a soul all game...I was waiting for him to come into the box and make some plays and it never happened.
                              Mike Martz > Roy Williams...thats about all I can say about that

Comment

LL, great run stuffer? Please tell me you're kidding.

No he isn't good at anything and No I will not give him credit for being a good run stuffer because he isn't.

How often to you see do you see him in the backfield disrupting a play? Almost never. How about a tackle for a loss? RARE!

Seriously, what are you going to tell me? Let me guess. "Spears holds at the point of attack and seals off his edge..."

Oh seriously? No ****? A DE manages to not get blown off the line and actually holds his ground? And somehow this is the criteria we use when evaluating someone as a good run stuffer? Please.

Watch Igor Olshansky if you want to see a disruptive force who is a good run stuffer.

Spears is nothing more than a body. Wade isn't attempting to move him to 2nd string NT for no reason. It's because Spears doesn't deserve to start on this team.

I don't judge him on sack totals. Sure, I would like more than 2 a season from a first round pick, but he does nothing to be considered a great run stuffer. You guys are seriously delusional sometimes.

Agree to disagree then, "delusional" is too dramatic of a word for a simple disagreement, I'm not a 13 year older that watches football games and just follows the football every play so don't insult my intelligence, the way you judge players guys should have been cut years ago.

No need to beat a dead horse, I don't feel like Bradie James and Spears are nearly as bad as you seem to think, and I certainly don't think they ever played as bad as Reeves or Roy last year, and I watched the same things that you did.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information