Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cannot wait to see Brennan tonight...

BoneKrusher

Comment

• I just read on the DMN blog that Wade Phillips said they were just about ready to bump Akin from the strating lineup last year in favor of Burnett. I wish they would have.

Either way, I'm guessing we're probably going to try and resign him too to fill Zach's spot. I imagine if we won the SB ZT would go out on top, and if we didn't he might just retire. Plus, there is always the possibility he gets injured. So KB becomes pretty important.

Comment

• http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/803846.html

Sounds like Carpenter is working hard. Also catch the last couple of paragraphs about Evan Oglesby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
          I just read on the DMN blog that Wade Phillips said they were just about ready to bump Akin from the strating lineup last year in favor of Burnett. I wish they would have.

Either way, I'm guessing we're probably going to try and resign him too to fill Zach's spot. I imagine if we won the SB ZT would go out on top, and if we didn't he might just retire. Plus, there is always the possibility he gets injured. So KB becomes pretty important.

I read that same thing, I have been a big fan of Burnett for some time, his pass coverage skills are excellent and he fits the mold of a Wade Phillips LB; quick, speedy, athletic...His name doesn't get brought up much in talks of re-signing guys but I would be very excited to bring him back and honestly he strikes me as a guy who wants to stay in Dallas...Hopefully that remains to be true.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
            I read that same thing, I have been a big fan of Burnett for some time, his pass coverage skills are excellent and he fits the mold of a Wade Phillips LB; quick, speedy, athletic...His name doesn't get brought up much in talks of re-signing guys but I would be very excited to bring him back and honestly he strikes me as a guy who wants to stay in Dallas...Hopefully that remains to be true.
            Seems to me that this current coaching staff likes Burnett better than Parcells did, even though BP was responsible for drafting him. He got off on the wrong foot with BP during his rookie year with injuries and things like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
              I've read that Free is basically being manhandled more often than not and I haven't heard much about McQuistan.
              This isnt the case...he has actually been given praise frequently. Free and Berger have supposedly been really sharp in camp.

On a different note. Wade Phillips praised Sam Hurd and Mike Jenkins for their excellent work in practice today. Sam was filling in for T.O. and Miles spent a lot of time in the slot. Our guys are beginning to wear down because, of all these extra two a days and it seems as though, Sam has been holding up better than Miles the last few days. Wade doesnt plan on giving our guys a rest because, we wont be able to get these days back...so, dont be shocked if you see a lot of tired bodies in the Chargers game. Wade has been captain blood this training camp...haha.
              Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 08-03-2008, 11:16 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Guys, I think we should really be scared of this Colt Brennan fellah. Don't know who he is, but he already makes me scared to face the Redskins.

Comment

• You bought a Redskins jersey and now your afraid to play the Redskins??

What has gotten in to you (besides Colt Brennan :D)?

Comment

• Read this over at the Fort Worth Star telegram about what Ray Sherman feels about the WR's figured I'd share:

Ok, time for wide receivers coach Ray Sherman to give you fans a quick breakdown of his guys after a little over a week of camp....

Terrell Owens: "He's having a great camp. He's a different guy this camp than the last camp I had him. Just the speed factor is the difference. He's faster than last camp.

Patrick Crayton: "He's having a good camp. Steady."

Sam Hurd: "Outstanding camp."

(Q: Ray, of the three young WRs you rank them as far as camp performance.)

A: 1. Sam Hurd; 2. Miles Austin; 3. Isaiah Stanback.

(Q: What is Stanback showing you?)

A: Just his understanding and speed off the ball. He is playing faster and he's not thinking about a lot of things. That's the big difference.

- Rick Herrin
                    http://startelegramsports.typepad.com/cowboys/

We have heard from more then one source that Hurd has been outstanding thus far, I really wouldn't be surprised to see him step up in a huge way this year...Interesting that TO seems faster at his age, amazing what type of shape he is in at this point.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      Guys, I think we should really be scared of this Colt Brennan fellah. Don't know who he is, but he already makes me scared to face the Redskins.
                      Being on the east coast, I never caught any Hawaii games outside of the bowl game last year. And then Colt didn't look too sharp. However, he looked pretty good last night. He threaded a couple of passes through the needle and looked sharp. I wouldn't doubt if he's their backup by mid season if he continues to play like that.

Comment

• Does anyone see us with any surprise cuts this year? Here's my short list of possible cuts and or trades in the preseason.

Brad Johnson- cut
                        Bobby Carpenter- trade
                        Roy Williams- trade...btw, I doubt that it will happen, but it's something that could happen.
                        Kyle Kosier- cut...a lot of people say Berger has a chance at taking the spot

Outside of these guys, I don't see any other surprise cuts. I mean you could possibly see Henry traded if Adam is reinstated, but that is a LONG stretch.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                          This isnt the case...he has actually been given praise frequently. Free and Berger have supposedly been really sharp in camp.

On a different note. Wade Phillips praised Sam Hurd and Mike Jenkins for their excellent work in practice today. Sam was filling in for T.O. and Miles spent a lot of time in the slot. Our guys are beginning to wear down because, of all these extra two a days and it seems as though, Sam has been holding up better than Miles the last few days. Wade doesnt plan on giving our guys a rest because, we wont be able to get these days back...so, dont be shocked if you see a lot of tired bodies in the Chargers game. Wade has been captain blood this training camp...haha.
                          Can't say I have seen or heard that.

Both the OL seems to come up short versus the first team guys which means they are not really pushing the starters. The name you least hear of the backups is Proctor which is likely good since when an OL you never want your name called out..

On the WRs, it is the old dudes that have been give time off (TO and Witten) whereas Austin had a great day playing the TO role yesterday and Hurd played great too. They seem to running hard. Bennett is the one with issues but he is a rook so understandable I guess.

OT: Are folks comfortable with Curtis as the blocking TE? Seems Bennett is not there yet and we may miss AF. Any thoughts to a guy like Free playing that role?

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                            Does anyone see us with any surprise cuts this year? Here's my short list of possible cuts and or trades in the preseason.

Brad Johnson- cut
                            Bobby Carpenter- trade
                            Roy Williams- trade...btw, I doubt that it will happen, but it's something that could happen.
                            Kyle Kosier- cut...a lot of people say Berger has a chance at taking the spot

Outside of these guys, I don't see any other surprise cuts. I mean you could possibly see Henry traded if Adam is reinstated, but that is a LONG stretch.
                            Can't see any of these happening but you never know and I like where you are going with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
                              Can't say I have seen or heard that.

Both the OL seems to come up short versus the first team guys which means they are not really pushing the starters. The name you least hear of the backups is Proctor which is likely good since when an OL you never want your name called out..

On the WRs, it is the old dudes that have been give time off (TO and Witten) whereas Austin had a great day playing the TO role yesterday and Hurd played great too. They seem to running hard. Bennett is the one with issues but he is a rook so understandable I guess.

OT: Are folks comfortable with Curtis as the blocking TE? Seems Bennett is not there yet and we may miss AF. Any thoughts to a guy like Free playing that role?
                              No they arent pushing the starters but, they're having a fine camp...

"Looks to me as if guard/center Joe Berger and left tackle Doug Free have been the best backup offensive linemen so far in camp."

"Two in particular: Guard Joe Berger and last year's fourth-round pick Doug Free. Free is capable of playing both tackle spots and has looked sturdy on the left side in practice, working behind Flozell Adams. Berger can play both guard spots and some center. There's been talk that he's capable of challenging Kyle Kosier at left guard; head coach Wade Phillips didn't go that far, but said Berger certainly is making a case for more playing time. He's done a great job of maintaining his base in one-on-one drills."

"When you don't have live contact, it's not easy to see much progress. But you can pick up some things in the one-on-one drills. And with that, Doug Free looks to be doing a really good job. On the day Marc Colombo and Flozell Adams sat out of practice, Free did a nice job with DeMarcus Ware, which is surefire example that he's holding his own, at least."

"Who's Hot:
                              Doug Free. The left tackle has made the most of starter Flozell Adams' days off, working with the first unit in Adams' stead. Free has looked impressive in his 1-on-1s, standing up both defensive end Chris Canty and outside linebacker Erik Walden in consecutive attempts in Sunday's lone practice."

Also, Miles did fill in w/ the starters...but, the majority of that time came in the slot. They just worded it as taking T.O.'s spot but, he wasnt playing in his actual position exclusively. Miles has been spending most of his time in the slot, the last few practices. Austin has seen the wear more so than Hurd...dropping several passes and struggling to get as much separtion on shorter routes. I'm not knocking him, he has had a very good camp and a good practice yesterday but, the camp has taken it's toll. Sam has seen his struggles as well. The young guys really need to push themselves. Luckily today's morning practice was just a walk through type for the most part.
                              Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 08-04-2008, 03:58 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                                No they arent pushing the starters but, they're having a fine camp...

"Looks to me as if guard/center Joe Berger and left tackle Doug Free have been the best backup offensive linemen so far in camp."

"Two in particular: Guard Joe Berger and last year's fourth-round pick Doug Free. Free is capable of playing both tackle spots and has looked sturdy on the left side in practice, working behind Flozell Adams. Berger can play both guard spots and some center. There's been talk that he's capable of challenging Kyle Kosier at left guard; head coach Wade Phillips didn't go that far, but said Berger certainly is making a case for more playing time. He's done a great job of maintaining his base in one-on-one drills."

"When you don't have live contact, it's not easy to see much progress. But you can pick up some things in the one-on-one drills. And with that, Doug Free looks to be doing a really good job. On the day Marc Colombo and Flozell Adams sat out of practice, Free did a nice job with DeMarcus Ware, which is surefire example that he's holding his own, at least."

Also, Miles did fill in w/ the starters...but, the majority of that time came in the slot. They just worded it as taking T.O.'s spot but, he wasnt playing in his actual position exclusively. Miles has been spending most of his time in the slot, the last few practices. Austin has seen the wear more so than Hurd...dropping several passes and struggling to get as much separtion on shorter routes. I'm not knocking him, he has had a very good camp and a good practice yesterday but, the camp has taken it's toll. Sam has seen his struggles as well. The young guys really need to push themselves. Luckily today's morning practice was just a walk through type for the most part.
                                Any thoughts on Curtis as a blocking TE? Can't say I love that.

On the WR, they all drop passes. If bad hands where the be all-end all, TO would have been retired after the SF/GB game from 10 years ago. If you got the separation and speed of TO it makes up for some of those bad hands.

On the OL, I also read how they are getting blown away by the first team so I guess the 9th will be important to evaluate them in real conditions. Be nice to see someone push Kosier at least. But this spot concerns me outside of Proctor who played admirably last year for Gurode.

Are you there? I got there last week briefly.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information