Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I would rather keep Alan Ball or Evan Oglesby over Amendola.

He can only be effective on short crossing routes, bubble screens, and quick slants like Welker. So my question is why can't Miles, Crayton, or maybe even Felix Jones do that same thing?

Crayton is pretty damn effective when he's in the slot and I really don't see what Amendola could do that he can't.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
      http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

I hope he doesn't bite off more then he can chew this year, I like his confidence and swag, he is just going to be expected to back it up and he failed last year.
      lol...people think T.O. has a big mouth. Crayton never stops talking...I love Patty but, he really needs to learn when to keep it shut. His little feuds w/ the Patriots and Giants sure were entertaining, though. So unnecessary but, entertaining.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        lol...people think T.O. has a big mouth. Crayton never stops talking...I love Patty but, he really needs to learn when to keep it shut. His little feuds w/ the Patriots and Giants sure were entertaining, though. So unnecessary but, entertaining.
        I think overall I have no issues with him talking. You need a guy like that on your team. It keeps things interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          Damn already, the cable people still haven't came out yet...Wonder where I can watch it for this week because I refuse to miss it.
          HBO usually repeats it a few times during the week, so if you miss it the first time, you can pick it up later.

Comment

• From the FW S-T blog:

Ok, Cowboys Corner faithful. It's time to empty the comments bag and respond to the players you wanted to know about.

OL James Marten: Haven't seen much and doesn't have the power to handle the Cowboys defensive linemen in 1-on-1 drills. Bubble roster guy.

C Andre Gurode: Snaps have been fine so far and continually winning 1-on-1 battles with Marcus Spears.

CB Mike Jenkins: Slow start to camp for the first-round pick, but he is making plays and doesn't look as hesitant.

LS L.P. Ladouceur: If we are not talking about L.P. that is a good thing. He's doing his job well.

OLB Tearrius George: Started camp with a bone bruise in his knee and missed time, but been showing decent rush skills since returning and caught Wade Phillips' attention. He also got into a fight with Marc Colombo. But who doesn't?

OLB Erik Walden: Let's call this a redshirt year for the rookie moving from DE to OLB. He doesn't have the moves or strength yet.

CB Terence Newman (groin injury): Athletic trainers are taking their time with him. He is slowly doing more running.

CB Quincy Butler (hamstring injury): He needs to get on the field quick. Job is on the line.

CB Pacman Jones: Made big plays early, but he may be hitting the wall a little bit considering he missed a year.

WR Danny Amendola: This guy is steady and knows he has to catch everything and is doing it so far.

RB Tashard Choice: Has a better burst than I thought he did coming out of GT.

Doesn't sound too good on Marten

Comment

• Surprised to see noone mention the 2nd biggest move in camp so far...Courtney Brown has officially taken the deep safety spot away from Patrick Watkins...yet another Parcells pick being put on strictly special teams duty.

I can't believe all the Berger talk...he is our 6th OL right now...and is pushing for 5...good for him.

D your still completely off on Free...his future is on the outside and he is proving it once again with a solid training camp.

As far as the steve smith talks go....He'd be dynamite in dallas....and I'd love to have him.

But bottomline is....he just got a new deal last year and is one of the highest paid WR's in the league...Carolina can't afford to move him...unless he acts out again...so just chalk this one up as a dream.

Also love what I'm hearing about the Scandrick progression...he's showing his elite measureables on the field....and I've been hearing more and more good things about him as camp rolls on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                I just read on the DMN blog that Wade Phillips said they were just about ready to bump Akin from the strating lineup last year in favor of Burnett. I wish they would have.

Either way, I'm guessing we're probably going to try and resign him too to fill Zach's spot. I imagine if we won the SB ZT would go out on top, and if we didn't he might just retire. Plus, there is always the possibility he gets injured. So KB becomes pretty important.
                They said "had Burnett not been banged up with injuries...he likely would have taken over for Akin"

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                  Surprised to see noone mention the 2nd biggest move in camp so far...Courtney Brown has officially taken the deep safety spot away from Patrick Watkins...yet another Parcells pick being put on strictly special teams duty.

I can't believe all the Berger talk...he is our 6th OL right now...and is pushing for 5...good for him.

D your still completely off on Free...his future is on the outside and he is proving it once again with a solid training camp.

As far as the steve smith talks go....He'd be dynamite in dallas....and I'd love to have him.

But bottomline is....he just got a new deal last year and is one of the highest paid WR's in the league...Carolina can't afford to move him...unless he acts out again...so just chalk this one up as a dream.

Also love what I'm hearing about the Scandrick progression...he's showing his elite measureables on the field....and I've been hearing more and more good things about him as camp rolls on.
                  For some reason I'm totally not interested in camp talk this year. Maybe it's because the expectations are so high, that any good news is expected news... no real position battles going on... everyone seems to be on good behavior... no Bill Parcells, who helps to keep things dramatic in his own way... perhaps it's just the comforting feeling that everything is going well and there's nothing to worry about... I think that's it. There's nothing to debate. :(

Can somebody start a healthy friendly debate with me? I want to be more interested than I am.

Here's my stance on a few items:

- If there is a collapse to our season it will be because of our OL. It scares me A LOT. We failed to address improvements along the OL via FA and the Draft. Last I checked, they got owned by the G-Men. Yes, we re-signed Flozell, but that doesn't count as an upgrade/improvement. We basically stayed status-quo and our team can only go as far as our OL takes us. Flozell will have a down year. Kosier flat out sucks. Gurode/Davis/Columbo are our saving graces. Our depth is average and there's no one there worth mentioning as a future starter. Our backups are all career back up fodder. There's no doubt we need to address OL early and often in the draft next year. FA is the worst (well... most costly) way to make improvements along the OL. ...and nobody trades for them. LOL.

- Marc Columbo is more valuable to us than Doug Free or James Marten. The 2 guys drafted to possibly replace him. We really need to hope for a healthy year from him. I won't be surprised if Marten ends up getting cut.

- Roy Williams will have a bounce back year and quickly become a fan favorite again.

- Tank Johnson is going to step up in a big BIG way for us this year and is our best NT on the team. He's everything I hoped for in a 3-4 NT.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    - Tank Johnson is going to step up in a big BIG way for us this year and is our best NT on the team. He's everything I hoped for in a 3-4 NT.

Is he even your starter? I though that Jay Ratliff was your starter.
                    Tank Johnson is everything you hoped for in a 3-4 NT? Uhhh.... Why?

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
                      Is he even your starter? I though that Jay Ratliff was your starter.
                      Tank Johnson is everything you hoped for in a 3-4 NT? Uhhh.... Why?
                      Doesn't matter if he is the starter or not. I still think he's our best pure NT. ...and I think he's going to step up BIG this year. There's less thinking going on for him on the field now that he's more versed in this 3-4 defense and he says that he's able to play full speed at a natural pace instead of slowing down to think so much. He's the strongest player on the team. Plus he's taken a bigger leadership role on the team and when guys do that, they take on more responsibility and tend to try that extra harder to perform better. Plus, plus... Ratliff is being molded into an interchangeable player at NT and DE. Wade loves his speed and also likes a bigger body in the middle. Spears is getting reps at NT too as they are getting prepared to be very versatile along the DL this year.

Comment

• Oh well ok, I'm not up on my Cowboy's knowledge enough to argue any of that, but I always thought of Tank as more of a 3-4 DE. I am suprised to see Marcus Spears getting reps at NT. But, I know that the Cowboys have really good depth so you have the ability to move people around. Whats your starting line-up going to be?

Oh, and how's Junior Siavii doing?

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
                          Oh well ok, I'm not up on my Cowboy's knowledge enough to argue any of that, but I always thought of Tank as more of a 3-4 DE. I am suprised to see Marcus Spears getting reps at NT. But, I know that the Cowboys have really good depth so you have the ability to move people around. Whats your starting line-up going to be?

Oh, and how's Junior Siavii doing?
                          Starting line up is not yet finalized. A lot will be determined after preseason.

Siavii will probably not make the final roster, but I hope he tries hard to do so.

Comment

• I'm so pumped to hear about Courtney Brown. I've been so busy I haven't been able to keep track of things. (Yes, Thule, I'm leaching info from you, here's a cookie) I've always liked Watkins, but I really believe Brown can be a playmaker back there.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                              They said "had Burnett not been banged up with injuries...he likely would have taken over for Akin"
                              Yeah.... are you trying to say you interpreted that differently than I did? I think it was pretty clear that he meant Burnett was about to take Akins job and had Zach Thomas not been available, KB would be the starter this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
                                I'm so pumped to hear about Courtney Brown. I've been so busy I haven't been able to keep track of things. (Yes, Thule, I'm leaching info from you, here's a cookie) I've always liked Watkins, but I really believe Brown can be a playmaker back there.
                                Well for FWIW, I always thought Brown looked like a FS and Watkins a coverage SS in a 3-4.

Great to hear young guys pushing the older guys.

Good to hear Berger too. He was like a FA from Miami right? I assume he is bigger/thicker than Kosier?

Regardless, the intro of Houck and turning over the entire O to JG means the OL will look less like a Parcells OL (pulling trapping particularly from the Guards) and more like the road graters that Cowboy fans remember from the 1990s. Hopefully the running game improves with this change plus the addition/subtraction of Julius/Felix.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information