Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What is going on with the Giants?

    http://x.go.com/cgi/x.pl?goto=http:/...112921&srvc=sz


    "You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
    Albert Camus

    Comment


    • anyone else think if we go o-line in the first we should check out big number 78?

      http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...reg&id=2672149

      Comment


      • Bill said that we'll see a lot more of Watkins in the final 5 weeks.. He has the oppurtunity to show us that we need no Nelson or Landry... I hope so


        In Bob We Trust

        John Madden's wedding video business

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Modano
          Bill said that we'll see a lot more of Watkins in the final 5 weeks.. He has the oppurtunity to show us that we need no Nelson or Landry... I hope so
          I really hope he plays well. But even if he plays great, it's still be a position of concern for me.

          Comment


          • my first Cowboys 3 round mock:

            Round 1) Justin Blalock - OG - Texas


            Round 2) Dwayne Bowe - WR - LSU


            Round 3) Josh Wilson - CB - Mayland


            again, its my first mock

            Comment


            • thought you guys would enjoy this to help get fired up for sundays big game...
              http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...e=gallo/061131

              Comment


              • I do like Bowe. I think he'll be a much better NFL WR than he was in college. I'd take him in round 2 and be happy with that.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Burns336
                  thought you guys would enjoy this to help get fired up for sundays big game...
                  http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...e=gallo/061131
                  Thanks. Funny article. :D
                  "Red Ball"

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
                    Originally posted by Burns336
                    thought you guys would enjoy this to help get fired up for sundays big game...
                    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...e=gallo/061131
                    Thanks. Funny article. :D
                    I honestly think that's what they do in their meetings, especially Tiki


                    "You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                    Albert Camus

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Poet3334
                      Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
                      Originally posted by Burns336
                      thought you guys would enjoy this to help get fired up for sundays big game...
                      http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...e=gallo/061131
                      Thanks. Funny article. :D
                      I honestly think that's what they do in their meetings, especially Tiki
                      Yeah it's hilarious.....everybody knows Coughlin can't control his players....I love it :D
                      "Red Ball"

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by bigmac076
                        my first Cowboys 3 round mock:

                        Round 1) Justin Blalock - OG - Texas


                        Round 2) Dwayne Bowe - WR - LSU


                        Round 3) Josh Wilson - CB - Mayland


                        again, its my first mock
                        I like that mock. Even if the players fall, that is still the route I see we should go. Im still a little wary on picking an O-Lineman early on. With Rogers nor Peterman our early o-lineman haven't panned out great. But I see Blalock being a great fit. Bowe has a bright future. But could be the same as Michael Clayton. I see a lot in Wilson. A faster younger version of Aaron Glenn.

                        Comment


                        • Some good stuff about why Newman plays the slot in the nickel... from the cowboys blog

                          Joyner does not detail how much Glenn’s presence helps the shaky Cowboys safeties, particularly the free safeties Keith Davis and Pat Watkins. Many nickel backs line up in the slot, where many teams put their third receiver. Teams with really good wideouts have in recent years started to line up their biggest and best receivers inside, to create a #1 WR versus a #3 corner mismatch.

                          One Glenn value is his ability, at age 34, to man an outside position. This allows Dallas to move #1 corner Terence Newman inside, nullifying any interior mismatches defenses want to create. Two games ago, the Colts tried taking advantage of Dallas’ scheme by leaving top wideout Marvin Harrison outside against Glenn, while lining Reggie Wayne inside on Newman and putting their third receiver on Henry.


                          In Bob We Trust

                          John Madden's wedding video business

                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Modano
                            Some good stuff about why Newman plays the slot in the nickel... from the cowboys blog

                            Joyner does not detail how much Glenn’s presence helps the shaky Cowboys safeties, particularly the free safeties Keith Davis and Pat Watkins. Many nickel backs line up in the slot, where many teams put their third receiver. Teams with really good wideouts have in recent years started to line up their biggest and best receivers inside, to create a #1 WR versus a #3 corner mismatch.

                            One Glenn value is his ability, at age 34, to man an outside position. This allows Dallas to move #1 corner Terence Newman inside, nullifying any interior mismatches defenses want to create. Two games ago, the Colts tried taking advantage of Dallas’ scheme by leaving top wideout Marvin Harrison outside against Glenn, while lining Reggie Wayne inside on Newman and putting their third receiver on Henry.
                            So basically put Newman on the other team's best receiver. A very good idea, I like it.

                            Comment


                            • Upcoming Cowboys' UFAs and RFAs to sign, or not to sign:

                              Coleman, Kenyon DE UFA - Yes, good size for what we need at DE for depth
                              Coleman, Marcus S UFA - No, no explanation needed
                              Colombo, Marc OT UFA - Yes, he has seemed to show that he is in fact a reliable starter.
                              Crayton, Patrick WR RFA - Yes, without a doubt, no explanation needed
                              Fowler, Ryan LB RFA - Yes, our LB core is working great dont break it up
                              Glymph, Junior LB RFA - Yes, our LB core is working great dont break it up
                              Gurode, Andre C UFA - Yes, without a doubt, no explanation needed
                              Johnson, Al C RFA - Yes, a good backup who knows the system who has started before
                              Jones, Nathan CB RFA - Yes, Glenn is not getting any younger and we will need to draft a replacement for him already
                              McBriar, Mat P RFA - Yes, without a doubt, no explanation needed
                              Pierce, Brett TE RFA - Neutral, if they do thats fine, if they don't thats fine
                              Reeves, Jacques CB RFA - Yes, same reason as Jones' the DBs are working good together and we need to stay young back there
                              Singleton, Al LB UFA - No, he has not shown me that he fits in the 3-4 scheme

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by bigmac076
                                Upcoming Cowboys' UFAs and RFAs to sign, or not to sign:

                                Coleman, Kenyon DE UFA - Yes, good size for what we need at DE for depth
                                Coleman, Marcus S UFA - No, no explanation needed
                                Colombo, Marc OT UFA - Yes, he has seemed to show that he is in fact a reliable starter.
                                Crayton, Patrick WR RFA - Yes, without a doubt, no explanation needed
                                Fowler, Ryan LB RFA - Yes, our LB core is working great dont break it up
                                Glymph, Junior LB RFA - Yes, our LB core is working great dont break it up
                                Gurode, Andre C UFA - Yes, without a doubt, no explanation needed
                                Johnson, Al C RFA - Yes, a good backup who knows the system who has started before
                                Jones, Nathan CB RFA - Yes, Glenn is not getting any younger and we will need to draft a replacement for him already
                                McBriar, Mat P RFA - Yes, without a doubt, no explanation needed
                                Pierce, Brett TE RFA - Neutral, if they do thats fine, if they don't thats fine
                                Reeves, Jacques CB RFA - Yes, same reason as Jones' the DBs are working good together and we need to stay young back there
                                Singleton, Al LB UFA - No, he has not shown me that he fits in the 3-4 scheme
                                I don't know if we keep Johnson. You can't pay a backup too much money. I think that may be the reason we picked up those two guards also. They are very versitile. Both of them can play center if necessary. I also don't think we'll bring Glymph back.


                                "You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                                Albert Camus

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information