Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you guys feel about taking felix jones while rashard was still there?

Comment

• Originally posted by steelersfan43 View Post
      How do you guys feel about taking felix jones while rashard was still there?
      I think Rashard is a better workhorse back, but Felix gives our team versatility. He adds more to us because we already have Barber and we really need a guy with break away speed... a home run threat.

Comment

• Originally posted by steelersfan43 View Post
        How do you guys feel about taking felix jones while rashard was still there?
        How did Mendenhall do in the first preseason game? As for the inevitable comparison it's just too soon to tell definitively.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpl85 View Post
          How did Mendenhall do in the first preseason game? As for the inevitable comparison it's just too soon to tell definitively.
          He did ok, had a few nice runs, nothing special, still too soon...I agree with Felix over Mendy, but all along if we were going for a complimentary back I wanted Chris Johnson, thats who I was upset about, and reports have been glowing about him the same as Felix...I think both will be great backs, but I think CJ will offer more versatility and big play ability, who would of been a better compliment in our offense with Barber, can't wait for the season to get started to see how that plays out.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• For anybody who hasn't read it, here's a good article from Peter King about what he picked up from his days at our training camp.

He had some positive things to say about Felix Jones and Orlando Scandrick, I'm excited about the potential of these 2 guys even more so now after hearing nothing but positives about them.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
              For anybody who hasn't read it, here's a good article from Peter King about what he picked up from his days at our training camp.

He had some positive things to say about Felix Jones and Orlando Scandrick, I'm excited about the potential of these 2 guys even more so now after hearing nothing but positives about them.
              Yeah, I'm really eager to see Felix Jones tonight. I'm a little worried that we haven't heard more about Mike Jenkins, so I'm looking forward to seeing him. He'll be facing the first teamers, too.

Comment

• Now that Miami has signed Pennington, that means probably John Beck or Josh McCown will be available. Beck is younger and could be developed, but McCown is more experienced. After watching Johnson and Bartel, I'll take either one.

Comment

• Originally posted by FinChase View Post
                  Now that Miami has signed Pennington, that means probably John Beck or Josh McCown will be available. Beck is younger and could be developed, but McCown is more experienced. After watching Johnson and Bartel, I'll take either one.
                  Yeah, Beck isn't going anywhere. He was in Miami before the Parcell's regime, so the organization isn't exactly married to him, but he was a early 2nd rounder a little over a year ago. So I highly doubt he goes anywhere. McCown would be okay by me. He has been in the league awhile and has started before. Should be a decent backup. I'm more interested in Chris Simms, which has been mentioned before. This could be all a moot point, depending on how the team feels about Brad. And of course everyone here saw how he looked the other night. Scary wasn't it?

Comment

• Maybe even a guy like Quinn Gray can be had after the final cuts.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by FinChase View Post
                      Now that Miami has signed Pennington, that means probably John Beck or Josh McCown will be available. Beck is younger and could be developed, but McCown is more experienced. After watching Johnson and Bartel, I'll take either one.
                      I wish we could get Matt Moore back.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        I wish we could get Matt Moore back.
                        Agreed there.

Why, why didn't they draft someone this year? There was your guy, Brennan. He would have been fine with me, but there were a couple of others that were interesting in the late rounds as well.

Comment

• What a great feeling it is to have the biggest worry on your team be the backup QB position.

I don't think we really have a lot of options...Brad Johnson will be our #2 this year regardless because no QB will come in and learn the system fast enough to allow us to let him go.

And I'm really not worried about our not making a move the past week or so...because come time at the waiver wire we'll have one without using a draft pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                            What a great feeling it is to have the biggest worry on your team be the backup QB position.

I don't think we really have a lot of options...Brad Johnson will be our #2 this year regardless because no QB will come in and learn the system fast enough to allow us to let him go.

And I'm really not worried about our not making a move the past week or so...because come time at the waiver wire we'll have one without using a draft pick.
                            Actually, my biggest worry is our OL depth.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                              Actually, my biggest worry is our OL depth.
                              Berger has been a nice surprise...McQ had a terrible showing and hasn't even done anything to excite the coaching staff this year...I'm a bit worried he might now be limited to inside work.

Still think Proctor will have a job because he is the only guy who has experience snapping outside of Gurode.

Marten is on my shitlist....no progession in a year with no injuries is a problem for me.

Free has been a bright spot...and I think it was Archer today who said he looks to be the swing tackle on gameday this year...got to love that progession...too bad he sits behind Flozell who he won't unseat until Flozell is gone.

Comment

• Here was something interesting I came across about us having scouts at the Bucs game for Chris Simms:

The St. Petersburg Times story about Chris Simms' solid performance in Tampa Bay's preseason opener mentioned that the Cowboys had a scout in the press box for the game.

The Bucs are still holding on to hope that they'll be able to get a draft pick for Simms. The Cowboys have made it clear that they don't plan to give up a pick.

Could things change? Perhaps. Simms looked pretty good (8-10, 60 yards) against a bunch of guys that will be unemployed in a few weeks. Brad Johnson didn't look good against the Chargers.

But it should also be noted that the Bucs' opponent that night was the Dolphins, who are expected to release either veteran Josh McCown or 2007 second-rounder John Beck. Odds are the Cowboys will still find a QB off the waiver wire instead of trading for one.
                                per dmn blog

I hate Chris Simms with a passion, but at least we can see some of our WR's in action and give them a chance to catch some balls, I'm all for trading for him if it takes a late rounder.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information