• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thule View Post
    D's cowboys knowledge isn't up to par this year guys....=P

(if you haven't noticed)

D take some time and read some reports.
    Maybe its not really D. Maybe its a new alias by a certain someone...

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
      Really? I'm under the impression that he will take Ellis' job sooner rather than later. I have real high expectations for him this year. I think he's going to be great based off of the limited action I've seen. His main problem was that he wasn't disciplined enough against the pass to the flats last year, and by all accounts he has greatly improved this year.

BTW, I just went back and watched the preseason game. Martellus Bennett really did more than I thought. He blocked real well all game. He actually set the block down field that sprung felix on the big screen play.

His attitude and body language leaves a lot to be desired, but he was working hard in the game.

Thats good to hear about Bennett, personally I liked Jermichael Finley alot more if we were to take a TE(and he did look good Monday nite, alot bigger with excellent hands) but he doesn't possess the blocking Bennett does so that in itself will be huge for us...It does bother me how he seems to have the attitude that he doesn't want to get better and that scares me a little, he doesn't seem passionate about being the best, some of the things you hear from Scandrick or Adam Jones or Felix, you never hear from him, so that worries me.

I do know that he can catch better then he has been showing so I wouldn't expect him to continue to drop passes, but he won't see much time as the 2nd TE unless he starts catching the ball consistently in practice.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
        Thats good to hear about Bennett, personally I liked Jermichael Finley alot more if we were to take a TE(and he did look good Monday nite, alot bigger with excellent hands) but he doesn't possess the blocking Bennett does so that in itself will be huge for us...It does bother me how he seems to have the attitude that he doesn't want to get better and that scares me a little, he doesn't seem passionate about being the best, some of the things you hear from Scandrick or Adam Jones or Felix, you never hear from him, so that worries me.

I do know that he can catch better then he has been showing so I wouldn't expect him to continue to drop passes, but he won't see much time as the 2nd TE unless he starts catching the ball consistently in practice.
        I think it was Garrett that said that neither guy will really be the true #2 but rather that each guy would have their own situations and that Bennett's role should increase as the year goes on and he becomes more familiar with the offense.

Comment

• I think Bennett wants to be good, I think you can tell from his post game press conference. He was real disappointed in himself. He said he played like ****, that this isn't the college game anymore, and he needs to step up.

I'm also not sure about how bad his attitude really is. We need to remember we are watching a tv series, which is meant to have issues and stories.

That being said, Peter king mentioned something about not liking his attitude.

He's pretty much an unknown at this point and we knew he was going to take time coming in. All I know is that he works hard when blocking and if a guy works hard on blocking, I'm sure he wants to be good receiving.

I'm certainly not as worried as some who have already labeled him a bad attitude bust prospect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
            I think Bennett wants to be good, I think you can tell from his post game press conference. He was real disappointed in himself. He said he played like ****, that this isn't the college game anymore, and he needs to step up.

I'm also not sure about how bad his attitude really is. We need to remember we are watching a tv series, which is meant to have issues and stories.

That being said, Peter king mentioned something about not liking his attitude.

He's pretty much an unknown at this point and we knew he was going to take time coming in. All I know is that he works hard when blocking and if a guy works hard on blocking, I'm sure he wants to be good receiving.

I'm certainly not as worried as some who have already labeled him a bad attitude bust prospect.
            **** Peter King. It's his attitude that I don't like.

As for Bennett, he's a back up TE. We can afford to wait for him to develop. And he needs the time to develop. Anyone with large expectations should calm them down. Heck, at least we know he can block... something Fasano sucked at.

Comment

• Bennett really looks like he could be Antonio Gates type player.

The difference between the two is...Gates came into a team with no recievers so they readjusted the offense to make it simple. He only ran 3 routes his first year....one of which was an option read off the LB.

The reason I bring this up is that Bennett could be that guy...however we DO have options on offense and it isn't a huge priority to get him tons of production year one....so we are bringing him along slowly to teach him the scheme...consequently this is why he tends to be over thinking on the field. I have huge expectations for this kid...unfortunately we won't get to see that type of production opportunity until he has picked up the playbook.

The one difference between the two coming out is that Bennett is a stud blocker as most people have said....which really raises the question of how good can this guy be.

Comment

• God, I love Hard Knocks. Another fantastic episode, it was nice to see them focus on Wade a lot this time around.

Next week looks very WR heavy. (Crayton, Hurd, Austin)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

I'm not so sold...Free really isn't my ideal RT...I don't mind him if he has to spell a couple of games for injury over there...but he has had 2 years of work on the left side...and still doesn't handle the NFL bull rush as good as he should from what reports are saying...about the only negative i've read. I'd rather just keep Columbo when it comes down to it...get him for another three years...cap shouldn't be an issue and get his replacement in the next couple of years.
                  it would be nice to keep him. i just think colombo is going to be too expensive to keep. he was really promised a new contract this year. so i don't see him being nice again and offering the cowboys a discount.

episode 3 should be interesting to see if bennett changes his demeanor after the preseason game where he acknowledged he played like crap. plus he turned down an interview with hard knocks. so maybe he's getting it.
                  Last edited by cowboyz; 08-13-2008, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Bennett really looks like he could be Antonio Gates type player.

The difference between the two is...Gates came into a team with no recievers so they readjusted the offense to make it simple. He only ran 3 routes his first year....one of which was an option read off the LB.

The reason I bring this up is that Bennett could be that guy...however we DO have options on offense and it isn't a huge priority to get him tons of production year one....so we are bringing him along slowly to teach him the scheme...consequently this is why he tends to be over thinking on the field. I have huge expectations for this kid...unfortunately we won't get to see that type of production opportunity until he has picked up the playbook.

The one difference between the two coming out is that Bennett is a stud blocker as most people have said....which really raises the question of how good can this guy be.

Great post Thule, interesting to note the different situations of the two and Bennett certainly looks the part, physically and athletically he can be in the same sentence as Gates, I think he has to get past the part to where he stops thinking so much and just starts playing, thats when I think he will start catching the ball more naturally.

I'm about to check the website for the Hard Knocks episode, hopefully its already loaded by this time.

edit: actually finally been reading some positive news on Bennett lately
                    **Martellus Bennett put together back to back solid practices, and he caught the eye of owner and GM Jerry Jones. Bennett was particularly good as a point of attack blocker, but he also had a catch down the middle of the field after running a crisp route the gave him separation from the safety.

I'll take what we can get at this point, but thats a far cry from all the drops I have been consistently reading about.
                    Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 08-13-2008, 11:35 PM.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboyz View Post
                      it would be nice to keep him. i just think colombo is going to be too expensive to keep. he was really promised a new contract this year. so i don't see him being nice again and offering the cowboys a discount.

episode 3 should be interesting to see if bennett changes his demeanor after the preseason game where he acknowledged he played like crap. plus he turned down an interview with hard knocks. so maybe he's getting it.
                      Right now dallas is sitting so good cap wise we could sign any single player in the nfl. It was on the DMN Blog the other day...I think it was Archer again who brought it up...I don't think money will be a big factor on Columbo...it'll be how long will he settle with his deal for...and if we'd rather just bring in top tier youth.

Comment

• I'm thinking that Bennett is bound to be a disappointment. The guy just has a ****** attitude all the time. I've read about it in camp reports, and seen a little bit on the sidelines and in the preseason game, but the Hardknocks episode really brings it out. Garrett is working him over and the dude acts like a petulant child who is being made to do his chores when he doesn't want to.

It just seeps out of him. The package is great (though the Gates comparison is off, imo) but if there isn't a good mind and passion behind it, it means nothing. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not liking it so far.
                        Originally posted by 21ST
                        He was protecting his self
                        Originally posted by tjsunstein
                        From what? His leg?
                        Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                        That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                        "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• I was talking physically with the Gates compairison btw.

Comment

• Another thing to remember Bennett is only 20 years old...thats the same age as me...and I'm almost 21 crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
                              I'm thinking that Bennett is bound to be a disappointment. The guy just has a ****** attitude all the time. I've read about it in camp reports, and seen a little bit on the sidelines and in the preseason game, but the Hardknocks episode really brings it out. Garrett is working him over and the dude acts like a petulant child who is being made to do his chores when he doesn't want to.

It just seeps out of him. The package is great (though the Gates comparison is off, imo) but if there isn't a good mind and passion behind it, it means nothing. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not liking it so far.
                              I wouldn't give up him just yet. He's only a rookie, and a pretty immature one at that. I love seeing John Garrett work him over; if Bennett develops into a solid TE he'll owe Garrett a ton of thanks, even if he hates him right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                                Yeah, Beck isn't going anywhere. He was in Miami before the Parcell's regime, so the organization isn't exactly married to him, but he was a early 2nd rounder a little over a year ago. So I highly doubt he goes anywhere. ..
                                Maybe I was a wee bit off.
                                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=24566

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information