Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fortunately, about 10 cowboy games a year are broadcast in San Diego. I think it's because we usually play at a different time than they do and the boys are popular, but even if I don't get it we have a great sports bar right down the street called Millers Field that has NFL Ticket and they broadcast every game. They have like 30 something flat screens playing all the games at once. So bad ass.

    And I've noticed that while the bar is basically 80% charger fans, the other 15% is cowboys and about 5% scattered.

    Side note-- did anyone watch Chris Johnson tonight? I really like how he cuts. Reminds me of mini-barber with his bounce. It would have been funny to see the two of them together. Also, he is listed as being about the same size as Felix but looks much smaller?

    I'm happy with Felix right now, hopefully Johnson doesn't make us look stupid though because he seems to have what it takes. Although durability could be a concern with him.

    Comment


    • Felix looks huge in a Cowboys uniform...i dont know what it is but, he looks larger than he did wearing an Arkansas uni.
      Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 08-15-2008, 09:48 PM.

      Thanks BoneKrusher^

      http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

      Comment


      • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        Felix looks huge in a Cowboys uniform...i dont know what it is but, he looks larger than he did wearing an Arkansas uni.
        Compared to Johnson he looks to have bigger shoulders, arms, and legs.

        VY sucks by the way. I called him bust last year but was told it was premature. He still looks like **** to me.

        Lavell Hawkins looks ok.

        Comment


        • I don't want to get too excited yet, but Felix looks good. They can do so much with him. I almost want to call him the "poor man's reggie bush".

          Comment


          • Wade said, all but four starters will play the entire 1st half tomorrow. Those four being...Romo, Barber, Witten, and Owens. So, we'll get plenty of Felix, Bennett, and the young receivers. We're also going to get our first looks at Lowber and Lattimore so, that is bound to show up on Hard Knocks next week.

            Thanks BoneKrusher^

            http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

            Comment


            • Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
              I don't want to get too excited yet, but Felix looks good. They can do so much with him. I almost want to call him the "poor man's reggie bush".
              felix looks like a slower version of USC reggie bush. and after watching mendenhall in two preseason games, that guy runs like JJ slowing down before the line of scrimmage, luckily for him he brings a load with him to gain extra yards.

              i really wanted mendenhall, but so far looks like they made the right choice. we'll see as the games continue.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                I have a real cause for celebration....

                I'm getting DirectTV!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Very nice. I'm getting it thursday. Right now I have AT&T but they blacked out a baseball game on ESPN and then they blacked out the Cowboys game on the NFL network. I couldnt take it and made the switch.




                The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

                Comment


                • Miles Austin is out 4-6 weeks.... ******.

                  I was really counting on him to add some explosiveness to this offense.

                  We should be ok considering this team shouldn't be relying on a 3/4th string guy as a game breaker, but I sure would love to have his speed in there.

                  Comment


                  • Yeah, it sucks that he's out for that long but, it's not like this is devastating or anything. The guy caught 5 passes last year. Let's just hope it doesnt linger and he can help contribute when he heals up.

                    So many people are overreacting over at the DMN blog. There was no guarantee that Miles was taking that #3 spot anyway. He surely earned himself some more playing time but, I dont think he was going to get that job over Sam. It would have most likely been more of a time share deal. There is no need to overreact on this one. Miles barely contributed last year and his job wasnt even assured coming into this camp. We're fine. Like I said, I'm just hoping it doesnt linger because, he was looking good and it will be great if he could be that deep threat. But, this is by no means the major blow to the team that the majority of those DMN posters are making it out to be. Some people are just clueless. End mini rant. This wasnt a shot at anyone here. I've just seen one too many stupid comments over there.
                    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 08-18-2008, 01:54 AM.

                    Thanks BoneKrusher^

                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

                    Comment


                    • I sure would like to see a little more Felix Jones in this next game. Game #2 wasnt enough for me.
                      I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

                      http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                        Yeah, it sucks that he's out for that long but, it's not like this is devastating or anything. The guy caught 5 passes last year. Let's just hope it doesnt linger and he can help contribute when he heals up.

                        So many people are overreacting over at the DMN blog. There was no guarantee that Miles was taking that #3 spot anyway. He surely earned himself some more playing time but, I dont think he was going to get that job over Sam. It would have most likely been more of a time share deal. There is no need to overreact on this one. Miles barely contributed last year and his job wasnt even assured coming into this camp. We're fine. Like I said, I'm just hoping it doesnt linger because, he was looking good and it will be great if he could be that deep threat. But, this is by no means the major blow to the team that the majority of those DMN posters are making it out to be. Some people are just clueless. End mini rant. This wasnt a shot at anyone here. I've just seen one too many stupid comments over there.
                        I don't think last season should really enter into this discussion. It's his development this season that's at stake. Parcells always said guys need to show something by their third season. Personally, I think Miles was poised for a breakout season, and that would have been a good thing for the Cowboys. Maybe he still will have that breakout, but this is a setback.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                          Side note-- did anyone watch Chris Johnson tonight? I really like how he cuts. Reminds me of mini-barber with his bounce. It would have been funny to see the two of them together. Also, he is listed as being about the same size as Felix but looks much smaller?

                          I'm happy with Felix right now, hopefully Johnson doesn't make us look stupid though because he seems to have what it takes. Although durability could be a concern with him.
                          You know I did, CJ is on all my fantasy teams and I'm still a huge fan, but at this point I'm confident him and Felix will both be great, Felix fits perfect so no complaints, I still will remember pushing hard for CJ though lol.


                          Felix is jacked up more so now, I love it...You can see it in his arms how thick he has gotten, somebody threw out a stat on air somewhere talking about how many touches he's had, and how many plays over 15 yds he's had so far, the ratio was incredible...I think it just proves he knows how to make an impact with the touches he gets, we haven't seen our regular season formations so there is reason to be excited, he will line up with Barber out there, in slot a few times, going in motion, and I'm confident he can run inside.


                          The better question is, who all saw McFadden play both games, and doesn't Felix look ALOT quicker? Maybe its too soon to overreact, but Felix looks more agile and explosive when he gets the ball, his big plays at this point probably triple what McFadden has had, funny how the guy who was hyped up so much, with the huge contract, and overshadowed Felix his whole career, looks like we got what we needed alot later...I don't think Felix can turn on the jets like CJ in the open, but its amazing the way he can make guys miss in short space, I underrated that quality about him, his game translates very well...Can't wait to see him return a kickoff though.





                          Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            Yeah, it sucks that he's out for that long but, it's not like this is devastating or anything. The guy caught 5 passes last year. Let's just hope it doesnt linger and he can help contribute when he heals up.

                            So many people are overreacting over at the DMN blog. There was no guarantee that Miles was taking that #3 spot anyway. He surely earned himself some more playing time but, I dont think he was going to get that job over Sam. It would have most likely been more of a time share deal. There is no need to overreact on this one. Miles barely contributed last year and his job wasnt even assured coming into this camp. We're fine. Like I said, I'm just hoping it doesnt linger because, he was looking good and it will be great if he could be that deep threat. But, this is by no means the major blow to the team that the majority of those DMN posters are making it out to be. Some people are just clueless. End mini rant. This wasnt a shot at anyone here. I've just seen one too many stupid comments over there.

                            Thats why I read alot of info at the Fort Worth Star Telegram too, DMN is a little out of control at times...But the thing with Miles, this isn't that huge of a blow, he will be ready in September hopefully, that shouldn't set him back that far...Yes it sucks, but he wasn't going to be our #2 WR just yet, so let him rehab, see where he is after, I doubt if he was really poised for a breakout that this ruins that, you don't lose all your ability over a sprained MCL...Stanback should see the field more if for anything to stretch the field how Miles did last year.





                            Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by FinChase View Post
                              I don't think last season should really enter into this discussion. It's his development this season that's at stake. Parcells always said guys need to show something by their third season. Personally, I think Miles was poised for a breakout season, and that would have been a good thing for the Cowboys. Maybe he still will have that breakout, but this is a setback.
                              The point I was trying to make is a lot of people over there think that this injury could ruin our season...but, I guess none of them realize we had the #2 offense with out him last season. Yes, it's disappointing but, not devastating. Is losing Miles Austin going to cost a trip to the super bowl? Nooooooooo. They seem to think our offense is going completely fall off without him which is a moronic thought...considering, he has yet to do anything in his career yet. We'll be fine and Miles should be good to go before long...this isnt a major injury at all.

                              edit...and Hurd has just as good a chance to break out this season. If you re-watch the preseason games Hurd has been running excellent routes and is always open....and you can bet that the coaches see that when they watch the tape. I dont think Miles was going to straight up win that 3rd spot anyway and I dont think it was as "open" as Wade was making it seem. Despite these two good games he has been inconsistant in practices...yes, the games are what matter but, he was going to have to show consistancy before, they give him that spot. He dropped multiple balls in the Denver practices and those are plays he needs to make because, it's not as easy as showing up in a preseason game against 2nd teamers.
                              Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 08-18-2008, 12:26 PM.

                              Thanks BoneKrusher^

                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

                              Comment


                              • A sprained MCL is actually good news, had he tore an ACL then it would of been time to worry, not about our season but Austin himself and how he bounces back...Lots of guys have had this injury and returned with no problem, sucks he has to miss time because I don't want to see any young guys miss opportunities but people did get carried away after 2 pre-season games a bit...Hurd has been our #3 anyway, I would of been freaking out over losing him alot more.





                                Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information